Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Biggest trailer i have ever pulled.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see it too looks like your frame is bending in a bad way nice pull though
Old 09-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is the stupidest thing I've seen. Thanks for posting a pic on how NOT to load your truck. Without even being there, I can tell you the tongue weight of that trailer far exceeds any ratings on any standard truck. Ever get a good look at the trucks designed to haul those? It's for a reason.

I hope sure as hell you weren't on any public roads.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by morpheus
I'm sorry, but that is the stupidest thing I've seen. Thanks for posting a pic on how NOT to load your truck. Without even being there, I can tell you the tongue weight of that trailer far exceeds any ratings on any standard truck. Ever get a good look at the trucks designed to haul those? It's for a reason.

I hope sure as hell you weren't on any public roads.

Oh we are going to have to get over ourselves... I've pulled one of similar dimentions using the hitch on my Ranch Hand rear bumper... Hardly a Class V hitch... swatted the back of the truck good, springs just barely and I mean barely sat on the overloads... Towed it slow with cars in front and behind about 5 miles... No problems... Never got past 2nd gear

His truck looked overly squatted for a couple reasons...
1. his truck was backed down a hill... rear obviously lower than the front giving the illusion that the truck is squatted more than it is
2. he seems to have a fairly large suspension lift on the truck... (I see red springs) this means that the front wheel well is probably already 6 inches further in the air than a standard truck, once again making it look worse than it probably is...

please
Old 09-10-2008, 08:27 PM

he wasnt on a public road and he was just showing off his house he lives in be nice haha. I couldnt resist man dont get mad im just joking with you. I wont judge because my grandma lives in a trailer and actually that thing is really nice for the money who cares as long as your happy right?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 PM

My old boss did the same thing with his truck overloaded it and the bodylines were off truck never had any problems Not saying i woudl do it to mine but this guy deff isnt the only one.

I think weve all overloaded these trucks once or twice i know i have
Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
We had a neighbor who tried this. His attempt turned out way diffrent from this one. he used and old Chevy 1/2 ton with a trailer about the same as this one shown. His truck survived the trip to live another day, but his trailer didn't. His issue was he flew down the dirt road with it and broke the frame on the trailer right behind the axles. He got a neighbors tractor and managed to drag it all off the road into his front yard. That was at least 15 years ago and we just happen to go by our old house this weekend and to our amazement it is still sitting where was drug to. Only now it's in a process of decay and falling apart as he also busted the roof open and it's been left exposed to all the elements.

I'm not against people doing what they gotta do sometimes. I'll always admit I've done some really stupid things before and wonder how I survived them. It's the folks that do this and then take thier trucks in expecting a warranty repair because the transmision start slipping 6 months after they've forgotten what they've done that amazes me.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by morpheus
I'm sorry, but that is the stupidest thing I've seen.
I guess you haven't checked out the FAIL thread here then

~Rob