Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Recommendation for Stock Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendation for Stock Exhaust

Things are moving along with my Dually Cummins swap. I've got the new NV4500 in hand and the manual pedal set showed up yesterday.

I realized the one thing I don't have is an exhaust system. The exhaust on the donor truck('93 extended cab) won't fit the Dually('75 crewcab, lifted, 4x4). I'm not looking for performance gains if the trade-off is a lot louder exhaust. Increased longevity would be a plus.

Who do you recommend to buy as a complete kit? I was also looking at Spintech for a muffler. Anybody using one of their truck mufflers? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Bullydog makes some good stuff. but as for me mine is the stock minus muffler. it is louder at slow speeds but once you get up to freeway speeds you dont hear it. Some of these other guys may be better for an answer though.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If you want quiet, use a big-truck muffler like a Donaldson. They have ones that are more than 4 feet long! You've got plenty of room for a long one under there, longer =quieter. Why can't you just use both ends of the system off the '93 and add some pipe (or a big 'ol muffler) in the middle to make up for the longer truck? If you want a new exhaust, BigExhaust.com is about the cheapest for a 1st gen, but you'll still need to add pipe in the middle.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by wannadiesel
If you want quiet, use a big-truck muffler like a Donaldson. They have ones that are more than 4 feet long! You've got plenty of room for a long one under there, longer =quieter. Why can't you just use both ends of the system off the '93 and add some pipe (or a big 'ol muffler) in the middle to make up for the longer truck?
I guess I could depending on the condition of it.
If you want a new exhaust, BigExhaust.com is about the cheapest for a 1st gen, but you'll still need to add pipe in the middle.
That's a great site. Plus, they're right around the corner from me. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:21 PM

Update:

I ordered a basic 4" exhaust with a Donaldson muffler from bigexhaust.com. I told them about my problem with the truck being so long and they threw in an extra 4' piece of 4" pipe for free to help bridge the gap. Very cool of them I thought.