Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Power questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power questions.

Im am new to the CTD Dodge era,(used to be into the Dodge gas trucks) I have been reading and researching alot of what people say on this site, and its wonderful news. Simple questions I have, I like tons of power... im not gonna say that so much is ever enough. One thing I am wondering thou, I dont hear many people talking about changing out the camshaft, is there something I dont know, is it perfect already?
I am trying to get a blueprint list togetore for the "perfect truck" lol.. anyways, Im still looking at buying a 97' 25 or 3500 with a manual, extended cab with long bed, black or blue in color. How much does it cost to get head rings done, I dont plan on trying for a zillion hp yet, so i figure head studs will hold a nice single or two detuned twins nicely, or is that just a waste of $?
I am looking for a 6-7 " lift kit, that isnt the highest price but is good quality for the price. Should i go tuffcountry, skyjacker ... or what? anyone with good info would be appreicated.
I may regret it laters, but i think the duel stacks going behind the cab looks cool.. especially when blowing alittle smoke. is there kits out there for these, or should i just get a shop to do it?
I would love to see some pictures of people's trucks in this gene, or if you wanna send me some to my email, send em to theeyeofthehawk@yahoo.com

Dangousity
Old 12-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Registered

people change the cams in these motors. and yes o rigns and head studs are needed if you want to run twins. check out my gallery for pics of stacks.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:24 AM

I do know Piers ( www.piersdiesel.com ) has done quite a bit of testing with various cam grinds. You may want to contact them for expert advice.