Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need help with Gauge purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with Gauge purchase

I am looking to order my guages and mounts but have run into a snag. Who to buy from? So this is what I have narrowed it down to:

TST Proformance: Di-Pricol Boost, Pryo, and Transmission, Full 3 A-Piller with speaker hole and their KDP kit. Total price around $360.

Wildcat diesel: Isspro Boost, Pryo, and Transmission, Rod's Pod. Total price: $289

I am wondering if anyone has purchased from either of these two companies and can tell me which on is better. I know opinions will differ. I would purchase the guages from Geno's but on some of the guages the customer must supply the wiring and I really was looking for a complete kit that has everything I need to install the guages.

I am also going to purchase a B&M plug so I can install the transmission guage.

Also which is better the A-piller or the dash mount? I am undecided. Both look great but really don't know which on to go with. Any ideas, thoughts, etc?

One other thing after I purchase the Mag-Hytec front and rear differential pans and transmission covers I plan on installing guages to monitor the differential temps, engine oil and possibly fuel pressure. This will mean both the A-piller or dash mounts will be used. After everything is said and done I believe I will have close to 7 guages installed and running.

thanks

Dawna
Old 02-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Rod @ Wildcat Diesel Performance.

'Nuff said.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personal opinion here, but on the trans temp I want the temp taken where the fluid is hot. This would be on the front line before it reaches the cooler. Sump temp (sending unit in pan) isn't a very good indicator of how hot the fluid has gotten.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:38 PM

A-Pillar or Dash Mount is a personal preference.
The A-pillar doesn't work for me so I went with the dash, My Dash, others love the A-pillar.
Before you buy, it would be nice to sit in trucks with both and compare.
I agree with J-Body that the best place to monitor the trans temp is in the "hot" line from the tranny to the heat exchanger on the passenger's side of the engine.
The deeper pan will hold more fluid allowing cooler temps when everything is operating properly.

7 gauges?..........going for the Space Shuttle cockpit theme huh?....
Old 02-29-2004, 12:51 PM

No not the space shuttle theme but the Star Trek theme. Besides I need all those gauges so my husband doesn't decide to drive my truck instead of his ford

Seriously, if 7 gauges running will keep this truck on the road for 10+ years without major problems then I am all for it. I would rather see a trend and take care of it then no know there is a problem developing and major money spent fixing it. Now what really happens in the long run no one knows. I might quit at 6 gauges (engine oil, differential temp and fuel pressure).
Old 02-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my ISSPRO setup from Chace at http://www.westtexasturbodiesel.com/ and have been more then satisfied with the gauges and the price.

CR
Old 02-29-2004, 12:56 PM

Sheeeesh,.....where are my manners?........I see this is your 2nd post.

WELCOME TO DTR
Old 02-29-2004, 01:08 PM

Thank you. I just found this site yesterday.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:27 PM

Just received my gauges pillar style with boost--exhaust and fuel--includes everything (supposedly) for hook up. Havent installed yet so can not recommend, but i ask on this forum about them before i ordered them and got a favorable responce.
go to ebay and search for cummins gauges , pillar style was 255.00
Herb
Old 02-29-2004, 06:01 PM

Merrick at Laredo Performance Diesel is also great at getting you what you need. I ordered some Isspros last week and hope to install them next weekend. Great guy and good prices.

Welcome and good luck.

Hunter
Old 02-29-2004, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by crobtex
Got my ISSPRO setup from Chace at http://www.westtexasturbodiesel.com/ and have been more then satisfied with the gauges and the price.

CR
Agreed. Started Installing them today and everything is going quite well. Chace at WTTD was excellent. Willing to help with any problems and answer any questions. Great Prices as well. I can't say enough about how well my transaction was. Not to say that anyone elses may not be as good just forwarding the good news to you! You'll love them.