Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

i got another crazy idea...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all you guys up in the frozen north with a shop and a wood burning stove...
http://www.gas-turbines.com/nt6/nt6.htm
This video is WAY COOL!!!

Keith
Old 03-01-2005, 03:51 PM

that video is BAD!! i have been thinking some more on it, and i was looking in the hotrod book and found a procharger supercharger roducing 3,000 cfm air at 38 psi boost http://www.procharger.com/index.html for way cheaper than you can buy twin turbochargers and hook them up. and i was thinking about running the supercharger off a briggs and stratton in the bed of the truck so there is absolutely no parasitic power loss to the engine. unless i want to run it through a turbocharger to boost it up to about +/- 50 psi with very little parasitic loss, or use it on my cummins powered, super-over-turbocharged jetboat with a 3-1 overdrive gear running the prop. with water cooled aftercoolers i know i'm not right in the head sometimes, i just wish i had enough money to do all these crazy ideas i dream up.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:01 PM

Ain't it though!!!...
I loved how the workers in the background just kept on weldin' when that baby was spooled up... Bet they've heard it many times before...
I know I'd be right there with fingers jammed into each ear watchin' that Turbo-Woodstove convert that wood to heat and noise!!!

Banks, it is probably fortunate that I realize I am "Financially Embarrassed" when it comes to some of these unusual ideas!

Oh, by the way... You might better think about a bigger "Briggs and Stratton" after you realize how much horsepower its gonna' take to pump that much air for our CTD's!

Keith