Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Got An Idea!!! I Got An Idea!! I Got An Idea!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Got An Idea!!! I Got An Idea!! I Got An Idea!

Here I go for broke...

Since the terrorist bombing in London has such a massive effect on our international oil infrastructure (who would've known?), Diesel prices are $2.67 at my house and will probably be $3.00 by the time I run out of the half-a-tank I bought today.

So the question is, "why does Diesel go up 5000% more than gas?". The answer- no public outcry for the high Diesel prices makes us Diesel dudes more susceptible to price gouging.

But not any more! No sirree, I had me an idea!

Here's what we do...

Whenever we drive by a gas station that has Diesel for sale an a massivly inflated price, we lay on the horns. Just lay onto 'em. It'd be really fun with all of the tractors at Flying J's, but even around town there should be enough Diesels to give everybody a headache. No, I don't know exactly it will accomplish. But everybody should lay on there horns when passing a gas station. If nothing else, it should at least be fun, right?

Now, somebody write up a good eMail message that we can start circulating around the country and to other forums.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
If it gets to $3.00 a gallon, that $3,000 Home BioDiesel brewing kit might start looking pretty good.

http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/pr...uelmeister.asp
Old 07-11-2005, 07:45 PM

yup at $3 a gallon 1 of 2 things are going to happen.

1. Buy the home brew setup and screw all the oil comanies.
2. Part ways with the truck and ride a scooter.
Either way around i refuse to pay that much for fuel period. I hate to part ways with my truck but I bought it so I could get a toy hauler some day and even at current fuel prices I wont be able to aford to pull the toy hauler enough to justify its cost so that eliminates my one justifyable cause for having such a big truck. Real soon at the current rate you wont see me around here anymore due to driving a small little s-10 or something better on fuel/gas.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bkrukow
yup at $3 a gallon 1 of 2 things are going to happen.

1. Buy the home brew setup and screw all the oil comanies.
2. Part ways with the truck and ride a scooter.
Either way around i refuse to pay that much for fuel period. I hate to part ways with my truck but I bought it so I could get a toy hauler some day and even at current fuel prices I wont be able to aford to pull the toy hauler enough to justify its cost so that eliminates my one justifyable cause for having such a big truck. Real soon at the current rate you wont see me around here anymore due to driving a small little s-10 or something better on fuel/gas.
Or, we could lay on our horns as we ride by all of the local gas stations...
Old 07-11-2005, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
or, find a way to discolor the red out of the heating fuel
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I gotta think that this fuel price issue is a pain for the station too. Bet they are making the same or less than when the were selling @ $1.75 a Gal. Not to mention they gotta hear every other customer cry to them about the prices as if they have an oil well and refinery in the back?

I mean, who would have guessed that being a gas station sign changer could be such a lucrative position? These signs are changing pretty much daily, NO JOKE. How could there even be that much of a fluctuation in something that is measured in the MILLIONS of barrells A DAY?????
God help us if it is because of the # of Diesels that the big three are pumping out for us homeowners to tool around in...............
Old 07-11-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: I Got An Idea!!! I Got An Idea!! I Got An Idea!

Originally posted by Begle1

But not any more! No sirree, I had me an idea!

Oh, Gawd.....
someone save us, we got a real thinker here.....

Old 07-11-2005, 09:46 PM

It's all a big load of you know what! The way I see it, fuel was a certain price when it was delivered it should stay that price until a new load is delivered. I don't know about honkin the horn, but I agree that something needs to be circulated. We can't keep bending over for these oil companies to rape our wallets. Maybe we should get a member in every region to start a biodiesel station so we can start telling the oil companies to shove it. Well, I feel a little better now that I've vented.....not really. Although, I can't see sellin my truck, I used to drive a 10mpg chevy and my dodge is still way more fuel efficient then that.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
If it gets to $3.00 a gallon, that $3,000 Home BioDiesel brewing kit might start looking pretty good.

http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/pr...uelmeister.asp
That would be easier on the pocket if about 3 guys pitched in on it but next thing you know they'd realize the value of used grease and start charging an arm and a leg for it I wonder how much cost is involved in making 40 gallons of biodiesel
Old 07-11-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
When I was growing up, diesel was 1/5th the cost of gasoline. Diesel comes off the refraction tower much lower than gas, and is far cheaper to produce. I have never gotten a good answer to this. To me it feels like usery and racketeering. Nothing has changed to account for this massive price difference, in fact gasoline has gotten more expensive to produce because of EPA regulations.
Anyone have any insite into this issue?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:12 PM

I'd like to know why I can buy Farm Fuel that is Soybean blend for 1.79 and regular road diesel for 2.39? I understand the road tax issues but why can't the same stations offer soy fuel for sale on road?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:43 PM

You know, when the price gets that high ... a guy just might save enough $$ running off-road diesel that he could pay the fine (if he got caught) and still have enough left over for a Happy Meal

This will all come to an end I am sure ... I really doubt that we will go so far as to have to sell our trucks. At least I hope

PISTOL
Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Banned

DARN IT ALL!

You're all missing the point. The point which is that we all need to honk our horns whenever we drive by a gas station! That would solve all of the problems.

And Diesel is not that much cheaper to produce (not anywhere near 1/5, anyhow), and YES, there is a massive conspiracy that gouges fuel prices into the stratosphere. But ultimately, we pay. Until we get biofuels up and running, which is so frustrating considering that the infrastructure and technology is so easily in place, we will have to be subjected to this incredibly hokey market of fuel.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by Begle1
DARN IT ALL!

You're all missing the point. The point which is that we all need to honk our horns whenever we drive by a gas station! That would solve all of the problems.

And Diesel is not that much cheaper to produce (not anywhere near 1/5, anyhow), and YES, there is a massive conspiracy that gouges fuel prices into the stratosphere. But ultimately, we pay. Until we get biofuels up and running, which is so frustrating considering that the infrastructure and technology is so easily in place, we will have to be subjected to this incredibly hokey market of fuel.
Begle1
Since you are from around here you might have read in the paper here in West Covina where some guy's monkey was taken from him because it bit someones finger off.
Well anyhow the guy would sit in front of his house with a sign that said "HONK to save MOE"
Everyone honked DAY and NIGHT, so now the West Covina Police passes an ordnance that is illegal to honk your horn between these 2 blocks. Now a motor cop sits there and hands out tickets left and right. Last I heard it was $250.00
End of the story, he went to give his monkey a birthday party and some of the other monkeys got out and attact him. Chewed off his face I belive one of his feet and his jewls.
Moral of the story is we start honking our horns to protest, we will probably get a ticket to rub rock salt into our already oozing festering wounds where our wallet used to be.
Still a darn good idea...
And I love blowing my big horn.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:39 AM

or, find a way to discolor the red out of the heating fuel
i'd like to figure out that too...

Quick Reply: I Got An Idea!!! I Got An Idea!! I Got An Idea!