Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

got my smarty,now im (something?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy got my smarty,now im (something?)

now that i got your attention,its a good Edit not a bad Edit.i was so proud that i have had a comp and injectors for almost a year and the stock clutch was still holding,well all that has changed now that my smarty arrived in the mail today.i couldnt wait so i loaded#8 and put the comp on 5/5 and Editholy man,in second gear with very little throttle she was at 3k in like 1 second then shifted to third touched the throttle and she was fish tailing all over the road,scared the heck out of me,shifted in to fourth and stepped on her and i pegged my 40psi boost gauge{eeeeeek}.this thing is crazy,in fifth i slipped the clutch real easy,and found myself going 90mph in the blink of an eye.its insane.after playing for awhile i put her on #9 and no comp and that was much better.not as touchy as i though but still responsive.and to my surprise not that much smoke,but with the comp only these injectors didnt smoke that much,their very clean.very easy to use tool,checked for codes and had none,yahoooo.if your on the fence getting one of these,dont,just get one,you wont be disapointed unless you think your stock clutch will hold.

OK you got Admin attention.....read the rules regarding profanity below.

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:55 PM

oh ya forgot to mention,egts were not high at all,seemed a little lower on #9 just cruising{which is hard to do}this thing is a blast.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:13 PM

Soooooo what your saying is I should just call Bob and get one already?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 PM

Baiting us in with that frowny face??!? Sounds good Dave.

Neil, Bob sells those f1's too =P
Old 03-01-2006, 11:34 PM

Neil, Bob sells those f1's too
I know, I'm afraid to even call him, makes it way to easy for a guy to blow most of his tax return. Will it ever end?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple of things you said are worth pulling out and noting... for those still undecided.
- Smarty timing seems to be smoother with reduced timing rattle, etc ... vs Comp, or EZ. This has been my expirience as well.
- EGT's are lower with Smarty. Marco mentioned in one thread, that he worked hard on keeping EGT's down with the different Smarty programs. Looks like he succeeded! I have noticed almost 100* lower EGT's, when playing hard, with Smarty stacked on my TST PM3... vs EZ stacked on my PM3. I'm very impressed!

FWIW - Spoolup on my big single turbo seems quicker with the Smarty also.... as opposed to the EZ.

RJ