Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Engine oil pressure gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine oil pressure gauge Question

Hello to all <br><br> Let me start off with I should have know better. :-[ :-[ <br> I had trouble with my oil PSI gauge going to 0 and took it in to the dealer. They fixed it by a reflash. The problem now is my truck will show 40 PSI of oil PSI while I sit and wait for the wait light to go out. (Eng. not yet started) Going through the gears the gauge reads a steady 40 PSI. No matter if the engine is running 800 RPM or 2500 RPM.<br>question 1 Can I replace the engine oil psi sending unit and fix the problem???<br>question 2 Do I need to install a mechanical gauge to see what is going on??<br> Is anyone running a mechanical gauge for there engine oil PSI? If so where did you get it at?? I have Isspro gauges for boost, EGT and Westec for fuel psi.<br><br>I am sure that I am not the only one running a truck with a USELESS oil psi gauge. <br><br>Thanks<br>See Ya<br>Chris
Old 12-15-2002, 07:58 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Engine oil pressure gauge Question

Check www.isspro.com<br>The have many both mechanical &amp; electric oil pressure guages.<br>Check with Rod at www.wildcatdiesel.com for prices.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:46 PM

Thanks Shovelhead.<br> I went to the Isspro site and ordered a EV mech eng oil psi gauge. I also went to genosgarage site and ordered a steering colmn pod. I hope to recieve them prior to friday because at about 0400 on Saturday morning we will be heading northwest to the great state of Michigan for the week of Christmas. I will be running 40 out of NC then 52 to 77 in Va and West Va then 70 to Ohio then 23/75 to Mi to Pinnconing on Sat night. So if you see a Caralina blue sky (Dodge calls it intense blue) rolling down the road give me a wave or say hello on the CB I run channel 19 and answer to Pappa Smurf. <br><br>Happy Holidays to ALL<br>See Ya<br>Chris
Old 12-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a safe and &quot;ticketless&quot; trip you all.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:22 PM

Chris, that reflash is a joke, I fell for about a year ago &gt;<br>Mine did the same thing as yours after the reflash but all is not lost. If I remember right, here is how the repair procedure was to work as told to me buy the Cummins wrench at the dealer(who is a friend) Star hotline said to first do the reflash and see if the the guage would function properly without changing the sending unit. It was supposed to fix most of the trucks. After the reflash only, my truck did as yours, 40 lbs would show on guage, hot or cold, idle or 2000 rpm, and even showed 40 lbs with key on,motor off!<br>Procedure then said to replace the sender if the reflash didn't work. After they replaced the sender with one that had a different part number than the original one, the guage worked much better but I don't think it is accurate as before, but at least it shows zero again. Basically, once you get the reflash done the guage is kinda useless.<br><br>Sam