Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dodge Lift Pump Info Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge Lift Pump Info Search

To all,
I've done some extensive shopping in lift pumps ranging from pusher pumps to OEM replacements. There seems to be a ton of options. To list a few but not all inclusive BD, Bully Dog, FASS, Holley, Walbro. Anyway to cut to the chase here, I have already replaced my VP44 and lift pump once and would like to avoid doing that again. I'm currently in the middle of installing a mechanical fuel pressure gauge by ISSPro to monitor my pressure but I would like to go ahead and install either a "good" replacement pump or possibly a recommended pusher pump. I'm also looking for something that comes in the form of a kit. I'm a fellow that is limited on time, so for me to reinvent the wheel would be a large waste of my time. As of right now I'm currently interested in the FASS Replacement Pump, but not sure if I should run the 95GPH or 150GPH. My truck has no mods as of yet. I just put a new intake and will be installing a new exhaust by PMT this weekend. Some future mods may consist of a EDGE Programmer and better injectors. I also would like to know what kind of pressure I should be getting with my stock LP and what would be the most desirable pressure I should run.

Your Input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
G_T

I am going through this now. I just ordered the 95Gph FASS. My incentive was that it was a complete kit with everything needed - no hunting around for extra stuff. I should get it tomorrow.

I was told the 95Gph FASS would support at least 500Hp... more than enough. The 150Gph delivers and insane amount and I heard other fuel mods were needed...
Old 02-14-2006, 04:47 AM

I just installed a carter pusher pump on the frame along with the stock LP. At the same time I installed mech fuel pressure ga. I went out for a spin and got about 25 psi at idle and never lower than 18 at w.o.t. everything else is pretty much stock '01 HO, except 4in exhaust kit.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:41 AM

How's that FASS Pump coming? I'm interested in the outcome
Old 02-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Smile

If you read the FASS threads, most people are extremely pleased with them. Some folks grumble about the price. The FASS 2 is $300-$400, vs. around $200 for a stock replacement, plus maybe $100 for a relo kit, to get it away fro the motor(Heat, vibration=BAD for pump).
For $100 more, the FASS 2 seems like a no Brainer. Some people may spend less on other products, but none have the results reported on this site.
We typicly have spent $30-$40k for these trucks new. A small investment to fix the major weakness seems like a no brainer.
Gauges are on my list, followed byA FASS 2.
Who are the local vendors that sell them on this site?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM
G_T

FASS Install done

It took me about 2-1/2hrs to install it (FASS II - the one without the filters). Very straight forward and a WELL engineered kit. Expensive? Yes, but you don't have to hassle with the extra parts and it has a 4 yr. warranty.

The *hardest* part for me was getting the old fuel lines off of the fuel tank connector - took me 30min for that alone (no room - could only get 1 hand in, etc.).