Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bd twins ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of another person makeing twin kits pm me for info!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BD's silver bullet did not use the S300 twins they sell now. The bullet was built, run, and sold off before they ever designed the twin kit they now sell.

I agree that the BD twin kit can be used fine on a stock 24v motor, but the motor in question here is a 12v...they are poor breathers. If you want to attempt 500hp an a 12v and keep good egt's I'm sorry to say you're gonna have to take the head off for some porting. Unless drag racing is the goal (all top end) I don't see the need for twins on this truck. It has m300's and #10 plate now, how much farther are you gonna push the stock pump? I really think that pump isn't going to make enough fuel for twins. 500 is going to require a different pump.
There are now lots of nice big singles that spool great compared to even a year ago. The guys at Dynomite Diesel have been really testing these things out, currently having two single trucks that are among the quickest 4x4's on the track.

I do have a twin truck, but it is a real PITA to maintain or work on, I'm not gonna twin another truck again.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:06 PM

WOW, thanks Mike.

So what you're saying is that DV's are it, that's as far as I can go without changing pumps (which is not out of the question , just out of the options, for now).

As far as taking the head off, not gonna happen 'till something let's loose, then the truck becomes a toy, and not a daily driver.

My only fears with a bigger single are drive pressure, which can kill a head gasket just like high boost (and my high timing!), and other people driving it. The other people are getting fewer and A LOT farther in between, I'm getting tired of my truck getting trashed .

I think a B1 is my only option for reliability, other than one of JR Adkins custom jobs. Any other options I'm forgetting about, or am I asking too much out of this truck.

Chris
FWIW, I don't think I'm anywhere near the 350 HO I wanted to be at by now, be lucky to be at 300 I think. What do you guys think?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:09 PM

With my 96 auto I towed my 12,000# trailer after dynoing at over 500 hp. The main problem I had was my H2E was slow to spool, but was great at mid thru the top end. Yes I could melt down the engine but the right foot controls the smoke and EGT's. The ease of adjusting the plate, AFC starwheel and perload, and a Valet switch, make it easy to reduce the smoke and high EGT's. Twins are the obvious answer for towing and high horsepower. I would definately consider the BD 300 twins if I was to stay at about 450 hp.
Bruce