Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Air filters: Whose flows better than stock??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Air filters: Whose flows better than stock??

I ran the K&amp;N for a little while, but the EGT's were terrible. So I switched to the AFE. It helped a little more by mabye <br>50 degrees.<br><br>I toe alot and realize I need the cool outside air to help with my egt quest. So in Virginia, I am going to run Scotty down and buy a unit. First, I want to dyno<br>with the Afe cone filter, then I want to back her off, and install the Scotty II with the hole cut and run it to see<br>if there is a difference in HP and EGT's for my 99. I would be glad to post numbers and pics. Plus work with anybody who wants this info.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Air filters: Whose flows better than stock??

I would sure like to see the results. <br><br>I'm not sure if I want to run somthnig like BFE, BHAF, or Scotty for &quot;highway&quot; trips (towing) and stock Amsoil for around home on the dirt roads, or maybe just fabricate something get fresh air in thru an Amsoil filter. I might just need to find the BIGGEST Amsoil filter made, then build a fresh air box to fit it.