Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What Kind of Boots do you Wear?
Justin
7.78%
Wolverine
13.28%
Redwing
25.05%
Timberland
3.98%
Ariat
8.16%
Caterpillar
5.69%
Other (please post)
36.05%
Voters: 527. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of boots do you wear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missed this thread as I very rarely read the "other" topics. Always fun to read through 14 pages of an old thread to see how many banned posted.

I have a duck foot meaning wide toe and narrow heel. Getting a shoe or boot to fit my foot is a long search. Most times I cannot even get my foot into the shoe or boot.

I didn't see any post on my favorite steel toe work boot, "Steel Blue". They are an Australian product as Redback. Steel Blue are a bit heavy, but the leather wears well and the extra cushion built into the heel saved my feet for walking on concrete. The soles get a bit slippery at -30° temps. In normal times, the soles are very hard to scrape out the sticky mud around here.

My brother gave me a pair of Navy issue carrier deck boots back in the 70's. I used these as my standard measure for steel toe boots until i got the Steel Blue.

One of best regular boots was a Sheboygan Wellington slip-on. I used these for parades and was happy with fit and support. Went back to buy another pair and the shop stopped carrying them. The price was so low he couldn't sell them. The company folded sometime in the 90's.

Winter (pac) boot was Bobcat carried by Coast to Coast hardware Store. Don't know who made them but a great & cheap boot. I got 25 years of my last pair. I finally found a pair of Sorels that I could get my foot in let alone fit.

For your dress boot types I liked Abilene. The Abilene has an Elk tanned boot that is almost a bedroom slipper to wear. They are very soft and comfortable, but support my foot.

For a walking & hunting boot I got a pair from Cabelas. They are made in China, but Cabelas is very strict on the quality of their footwear. These are a noninsulated boot an yet I stay warm in winter. Winter for me has been -20° for the past week.

I hope people use this thread to see the numerous brands out there. The best brand is the one that works for YOUR feet.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM

anderson bean and rios de mercedes.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:09 PM

Georgia for me - best boots I ever got.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisLib
Red Wings made in China!?!...say it aint so . I have faithfully worn them for over 12 years, every single work day... and WHY?? Because they make (made?) an excellent product AND they WERE made in the US. AAAAAAAHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! I can`t take it anymore .
Don't panic yet. So far all the RedWings I have seen in the US where made in the US. However while working in Africa, we got a shipment of RedWings from SA for our warehouse. They were all made in China. Of couse maybe RedWing didn't even have anything to do with it. Maybe they where pirate copies kinda like their shackles, etc.. But they where marked made in China and they where junk.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM

Since my earlier post where I think I mentioned Scmidts from Tractor Supply.

The Schimdts didn't even go a year. Both boots opened up near ball/big toe joint area and one of the soles got a sucking hole.

Now trading off between a pair of Justin Lacers and Genuine Military boots.

I'm ROUGH on boots. The Military boots were made in 1993. I have only had them since '03 or so but you can hardly tell they've worn at all. IF I could get more like them I would!

Hopefully the American made Justins will last a good while.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:40 PM

I just bought Red Wings and they say right on them made in the USA. On of the reasons I bought them plus the awesome reputation they have, love mine!