Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What Kind of Boots do you Wear?
Justin
7.78%
Wolverine
13.28%
Redwing
25.05%
Timberland
3.98%
Ariat
8.16%
Caterpillar
5.69%
Other (please post)
36.05%
Voters: 527. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of boots do you wear?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kind of boots do you wear?

Just curious as to of what kind of boots everyone wears?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.redwingshoe.com/shoe-zoom.cfm?style=2270
This is my 4th pair of these. They are great.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:47 PM

I wear danner they have been the best boot i have ever worn. they have been on a two week hiking trek, and have been abused around the farm for goin on three years now. they are somewhat expensive and take a while to get broke in, but once you get them formed to your feet wow
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Currently wearing Wolverines. I didn't think I liked them that much the first couple months, but they are getting better.
I really like the pair of Georgia boots I had before.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am a big fan of Ariat boots.

I used to go through a pair of boots about every 6 months. The better ones would last a year. I tried Red Wings, Justins, Wolverines, Catapillars...you name it. I guess it's the way I'd walk, but the heels would always wear unevenly and I'd end up walking funny.

Then a salesman at Cavender's suggested I try the Ariat brand. I was hesitant to do so because of the price (I think they were $180), but I tried it anway. BEST BLASTED BOOTS I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

Not only are they extremely comfortable for me, but they LAST. The pair I'm wearing right now I got for Christmas in 2002 (or maybe it was 2003). Aside from being a little dusty from my jobsite, they still look brand new. The soles are hardly worn at all...and I wear these things EVERY day of the week. I have an older pair of Ariats that I bought in 2000. The soles are still GREAT shape. I wear them if I know I'm going to be in the mud. Great boots. Ariat is the only boot I'll ever own. I have never in my life gotten this kind of mileage out of my boots.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:50 PM

I love my ariats they are the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned. I'm on my 3rd pair right now. My last pair lasted for 2 years, and I would still be wearing them if the insides weren't worn out.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:58 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Hoss
I am a big fan of Ariat boots.

I used to go through a pair of boots about every 6 months. The better ones would last a year. I tried Red Wings, Justins, Wolverines, Catapillars...you name it. I guess it's the way I'd walk, but the heels would always wear unevenly and I'd end up walking funny.

Then a salesman at Cavender's suggested I try the Ariat brand. I was hesitant to do so because of the price (I think they were $180), but I tried it anway. BEST BLASTED BOOTS I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

Not only are they extremely comfortable for me, but they LAST. The pair I'm wearing right now I got for Christmas in 2002 (or maybe it was 2003). Aside from being a little dusty from my jobsite, they still look brand new. The soles are hardly worn at all...and I wear these things EVERY day of the week. I have an older pair of Ariats that I bought in 2000. The soles are still GREAT shape. I wear them if I know I'm going to be in the mud. Great boots. Ariat is the only boot I'll ever own. I have never in my life gotten this kind of mileage out of my boots.

Those come in steel toed? My company will pay upto $100/yr (or as needed for people in the harsh environments) for boots, but they have to be steel toed
Old 11-09-2005, 10:00 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am a loyal fan of double h boots they wear like iron and i can really mess a pair of good boots up pretty fast lol

www.doublehboots.com
Old 11-09-2005, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Those come in steel toed? My company will pay upto $100/yr (or as needed for people in the harsh environments) for boots, but they have to be steel toed

yuppers http://ariat.com/products_listing.aspx?cid=3&scid=5

I also agree with Ariats. I do have a pair of slip ons i got last christmas. Very nice boots
Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM

yeah they come in steel toe, my last pair were. Super tough boots.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM

When I used to help my dad work horses I had a pair of Justin's that I always wore. If I'm going out someplace nice then I have a pair of Durangos that are barely starting to wear out after 6 years.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

Wolverines. Very comfortable. Wore them for 72 hours straight the day I got them and I never had sore feet. It was awesome.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 PM

http://www.redbackboots.com/
These are the most comfortable boots you will ever own, I promise.
I spent years trying every pair of boots I could from Redwings to wolverine. Nothing was comfortable and nothing lasted. I am a diesel mechanic so I need a boot that will last climbing up and down all day and take all the oil and grease that comes with the territory. I could not belive these boots when I put them on. No break in time needed, they are comfortable from day one. I still wear the first pair that I bought three years later. They are the toughest boots in the world. I will not buy any thing else after these. Red Backs from now on for me. They are a little spendy, but thats a small price to pay for happy feet.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:09 PM

Pair of Georgia boots, and Justin Laceups. Ive had the Georgias for well over a year, and they are like new. When I wear these out, I'll get some more like them. Waterproof too!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Since we are on the subject here are my boots for my fire gear and duty boot. http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...og&style=SP515

Quick Reply: What kind of boots do you wear?