Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler...... 6 March - 12 March 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin' all

Doggie took me for my walk in the warm 60 dgree sunshine this morning.
Puttering around, getting alirlie res for trip to AZ. See if I can get cheep SWalirline tickets.
Heather I will let you know when we will be in Florence. Would look forward to coffe or Mt dew.
On your computer, Settings, control panel, display, color. You might fix color problem with changing settins. Also check the monitor. Make sure the vidio cable is in all the way. hope this helps. gud luk

Put depost on 5 er,
ordered breaksmart and cable. Hope 5erBob will still talk to me
I'll try to keep otta trouble
Old 03-11-2005, 12:48 PM

Davey..I tried that..the problem is before windows n the whole comp crashed <lost everything> it had 256 colors..now it only has a choice of 2 or 16 colors...is hard to even look at or read anything at those settings..so what i need to find out is how to maybe update it or where to go to fix this..after loading the windows 98 2nd edition baack on the computer i ran the cd restoration disk which added a few drivers that were still missing and still no help..i went to microsoft.com and was looking to see if there was anything there that i could find to fix it..but no luck and havent had time to complete my search..so if anyone knows what or how or where to go to fix this problem please let me know cus it is unbearable to look at. Thanks in Advance.
And just let me know when u are here...there are some really great lil cafes in between catalina n florence or even in oracle..they might not have mt dew but i guess i could settle for a coke lol
~Heather~
Old 03-12-2005, 05:25 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning y'all.
Well the 1100 Thursday flight finally made it in at 0315 Friday and another one showed at 1400. Friday was a real long day. A couple of beers and a small pizza made nice sleeping pills and down I went.
A real tear jerker story for y'all to give you an idea of the spirit of these young kids that are in uniform today.
While one of the plane loads of troops were in formation at the welcome home ceremony, a young man in his mid 20's came walking in onto the gym floor. His walk was a bit wobbly, but his back was straight and he came in without the use any aid. Looking below the shorts he was wearing was the glint of not one, but two artifical legs. He had lost one just below the knee and the other above the knee. He had gotten released from Walter Reed to come and welcome his fellow squad and platoon members home. Talk about a modern day Band of Brothers. The entire gym went nuts. I couldn't see if there were many dry eyes out there or not. Mine were rather misty themselves. It took a lot of ***** for this kid to walk across the floor. I talked with him the next day and he has the best attitude of anyone I've ever seen. He looks at the loss of his legs not as a disability, but as a challenge. He told the people at Walter Reed that he was going to meet his friends, whether he had to go AWOL or not. The hospital put him on TDY orders until 10 April. What an inspiration.
No more planes till tomorrow, then we get two in. We should have the first ones finished outprocessing Monday. As soon as we get a bus full, they are headed home. Those that have families here will be released to their families. Lots of happy people out there.
Time to get the day started. Briefings are over and the medical screening starts this morning.
Hollar at y'all later.

mistyeyedShortround out
Old 03-12-2005, 06:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Life is good in Nebraska!

My daughter just gave birth to Avery Mae, our second grand baby. 6#'s, 10z, is a keeper!
Everyone is doing fine, even grandpa.

Life is good when you can see the next generation coming to life.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Conrats to all.
Kids are great, grandkids are even better.

Sunny but cooool in DC.
Temp heading for the upper 40s.

Good to hear the guys are getting home safe SR.

Got a Biker buddy's Memorial service to go to today.
Cancer took him away from us.

Wifey & Daughter out trying to rescue the economy. (shopping)
Obi (the Min-Pin) has decided to keep my side of the bed warm.
Coffee's ready........nobody in the galley to cook......not good.

lookingforsomethingtodunkinmycoffeeEd
Old 03-12-2005, 07:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Busy day today. Lots of National Guard units in, plus the State AG is supposed to show. Lots of dogs and ponies, looks like a three ring circus.

2-3 inches of white stuff last night, calling for "maybe" a couple more tonight, or rain, or ??

Ed, our min-pin (puppy) yea, I know, but I can remember it, absolutely refused to leave the house this morning. Hid under the bed, so left it to wifey to get him out.

Dang dog is smarter than me.

Ed
Old 03-12-2005, 10:44 AM

Saturday morning, Had my Gonna fix breakfast, let doggie take me for a walk in the 50+ degree sunshine. Lots to do around the house.
Congrats to the new grampa, I choked on that title for a looooong time. Now it is great.

Got lots to do around the house and yard. Takes longer to do it now.
Getting truck reddy for the 5er.
Gonna check out Florence AZ April 16th Fly in on Saturday and out on Monday. Don't have a plane no more take advantage of SW airline cheeep fares.

Heather, My screen display for 98 SE is set to 16 bit color. Have you tryed that setting? I have a LCD monitor. Have you tried another monitor?
If my slo working brain thinks of something else I'll pass it on.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like my luck ran out dodging the "BUG" that the wife and grandbaby been swappin back and forth for the last couple weeks. I went in on a call-in to work thursday night feeling fine at midnight.......... 0100 = ,,,,,,,, like someone flipped a switch! I was suppose to work my old job until 0800 and then training on the new job till 1600,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOT! ,,,,, I made it until 0750 and couldn't stands no more. Came home and went to bed where I stayed until the next morning. I did make it in for friday training, but it wasn't pretty. Looks like the weekend will be spent trying to re-coop,,,, Note to self,,,, A little less bragging about how "I don't get sick" may be in order.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thats how it got me. I ate supper and watched a movie, then went to bed fine. 2 hours later I was laying on the floor next to the thone. Get to feeling better, but take your time. Took me about 3 days before I felt "good" again.

Ed
Old 03-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by dssimecek
ordered breaksmart and cable. Hope 5erBob will still talk to me
I'll try to keep otta trouble
Sheeeessssshhhhhhh. What can a body say? I dump all this wonderful wisdom and intelligence and knowledge on you and you do something like that. Just don't come home crying to daddy when something screws up. Yeh, you're on you own kiddo.

Great day in Florida. 70's under clear skies and cool breeze. Yard work most of day after the wash, dishes, cleaning house, cooking and nursing. Plants are growing like crazee. CFO is doing better each day - - life is good.

Bob

ps: Davey - - where on earth is Sedro-Woolley?