Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler....... 13 March - 19 March 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 04:20 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Water Cooler....... 13 March - 19 March 2005

Trashcan throwing is restricted until further notice due to high wind conditions.
Been up since 0300 and headed out to meet another plane load of troops.
Ft. Sill "police" are out doing their job. Got pulled over twice. One was for "excessive" emissions, what ever the heck that is, and the other was for having a license plate light out. I thought that's why there is two of them back there.
Troop out processing is going good. Should have the first group of 125 headed home NLT Tuesday morning. Hope to have at least that many rolling out of here every day afterwards.
Y'all behave. I'll catch you when I can.

chasingairplanesearlyinthemorningShortround out
Old 03-13-2005, 05:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well SR, guess you shouldn't have give'em a cloud while grinnin out the window at them. Oh well, glad you are there for our troops. Makes the little troubles all worthwhile.

Wifey got pulled over about a month ago for the same light out. She started to argue that he could see it with the headlights, and it didn't need to be there in the daytime. She said it finally dawned on her she should just shutup.

Ed
Old 03-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A gorgeous Sunday morning to all. At least someone was up early to get the thread started - - good man. Headed for 76 here today - - shorts time. Happy the troops are starting to pull out - - they did their job well. Now, get them home as soon as possible while we help them figure out how to control and eliminate those stupid radicals that just don't get it.

Have a great day.
Bob
Old 03-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Mornin' all.
Breakfast of Eggs, snausages, toast and grits has been polished off.
On the 3rd cup-o-coffee.
Temps in the 30s headin' for the upper 40s.
Old Man Winter can't take the hint that he ain't wanted, and move on

Not much to do today.
Might have to run to Warranton and see how the fuel prices are running out west of town.
Usually around 10-15 cents a gallon cheaper out there.

SR, "Super-Trooper" probably saw the dual exhaust and figured you were a gasser burning too much oil.
Thanks for taking care of our returning troops for us, and making sure they get home to their families safely.

Y'all B safe
Ed
Old 03-13-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin' all

1st Gotta fix breakfast for wifey,she gotta work today.
Missed the fire ball in the sky last nite, didn't feel the small earthquake, or see any steam and ash from the volcano. Gee missing all the fun
Gonna be in the sunny 60's today.
Got flowers to plant and feed and water. Been cleaning garage, old pix and memtos, spilt up and pass on to the kids.

SR the fuzz is just lonely and board at that time of the morning. And wanna see if you been downing the tall cool ones. Give the troops a big thanks for all of us.
Daugter and son-in-law in Germany, he will be going to Iraq in a few weeks.

FiferBob, it ain't shorts and shower clog weather yet. Do the ladies give you "great legs" remarks?

Ed, no biskets with S&E and gritz
Yall have a good day.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin folks,
I think I may live,,,,,,,,, The coffee actually tasted like coffee this morning and it is safe for me to burp and ah,,,,,, uhm,,,,,,,,, well you know,,,,,,, make funny noises again. I'm hoping that was the one and only bug I have to deal with this year. Shucks, I might even feel good enough to do something constructive before the race comes on today!
My wife tried calling Mrs. Smurf this morning to welcome her back home from the sandbox (she was suppose to get in on friday), but all she got was the answering machine. I guess her and Papa Smurf are making up for lost time. Sure will be nice to get all our folks back home. Anyone in the VA, NC area are more than welcome to attend the get-together in North Carolina on the 2nd and 3rd of April. Check out the thread HERE

Y'all have a good one.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:08 AM

Excessive emissions? I think they are trying to tell you to lay off of the taco bell food???
Old 03-13-2005, 11:22 AM

Taco Bell, I thought that was the Mexican fone company, didn't know the served food. . Glad Rattlnram is able to site up and take nourshment.
I have had that bug where when going into the throne room didn't know witch way to turn.

FiverBob, Sedro-Woolley is in the Nortwest corner of Washington state. About 5 miles east of I-5 and 45 miles south of the Canadian border. It is on WA hwy 20. Just in case you, or anyone is coming up this way, give me a shout, go for
Old 03-13-2005, 06:22 PM

Evenin' all.
Busy day here today. Got the yard mowed for the first time this year, did the trimming and edging while I was at it. Took a bunch of oil to be disposed of and changed the oil in the ATV. Was a balmy 65* but windy windy windy. Yesterday was 'bout 85* and windy (ripped my flag pole mount out of the concrete ) Washed the wifes car yesterday and the truck on Friday. Nice to get a thick layer of girme off now and then.
Finished the afternoon today with margaritas while watching "Gladiator".

Have a good one,
~gettin'anstywaitin'formygaugesRob
Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Monday after a 3 day weekend.

Chilly this AM but at least the snow stayed south of the area.

Can't wait to see what fun & interesting projects these yahoos have come up with since I've been gone.
It'll keep the time going by quicker, and BAM!.....it'll be Friday again.

Y'all B Safe
Ed
Old 03-14-2005, 07:06 AM
JKE

Good morning.

We had one heck of a storm roll through here last night. 50 on the way in this morning with cooler temps pushing in. No one was hurt during class Saturday ...That old timer musta been a drill sargent in his early days . Spent yesterday turning dirt and stirring compost. The ground is lookin' good. Ya'll have a good one. - JKE
Old 03-14-2005, 08:49 AM

Mornin' all
gone, Workers arise. Hafta get wife up and fix breakfast. Have lotta yard work to do in the sunny 60's today.

Heather ever get you computer working rite? My color is set to 16 bit high color with 98 SE Pentinum2

FiverBob, Now you know where Sedro-Wooley is located the area tulup festival is comming up soon. With the warm weather it will be early this year. Take care of the CFO.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good Morning to all of DTR.
Good, quiet weekend. Got power out to my flag pole so Old Glory can fly here colors around the clock now.
Didnt even electricute myself.

Hope you all have a good, safe week.
Rich
Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MORNING Gents and dames!
SR the Ft Sill MP's are famous for setting on the north road and stopping jest about everyone.... they wrote me for 4mph over once.....Dont even let them catch ya w/o a seatbelt.....but be glad ya are there, we all are.... we are vicariously welcoming the troops back ourselves through you...at least I am.....
Great weekend here, got alot done outside, and got two more horses in for training..
gonna be a busy week...
Old 03-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Mornin yall...Davey my comp is back up and running but still fighting with the color..I believe its a driver problem and with working all weekend, basketball game, and the horses I just havent had the time to even look at the computer much less turn it on..soo that is something I will try to conqure this week..hopefully..between basketball, 4H, and finishing up a few horses this week I doubt I will get round to it...Chris glad to hear u got two new horses in, thats always a good thing. I will be in the same boat come sunday. Gotta love it. Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a wonderful day.
~Heather~

Quick Reply: Water Cooler....... 13 March - 19 March 2005