Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Spring event in the N. C. area? 2/3 April 2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring event in the N. C. area? 2/3 April 2005

Hello
Most of you are aware of Leigh's deployment to the SWA (Iraq) area since July of last year.
She missed our Dyno/race event held in Dec.

Here is what I want to do.
Lets put on a spring Dyno and Race the 2/3 April. As of this minute I have not talked to anyone from the race track or from the Dyno. Or My wife either.

The reason I picked 2/3 April is our local Dodge dealer has a breakfast on the first weekend of the month. I figure that would be a great place to meet and then go to Wayne's dyno.
I will contac Wayne and the race track and see if we can make this happen.

I am thinking that folks will be itching to race and see if the mods they have done over the winter need to be changed up.

Besides what else is going on that weekend. I figure that we (leigh Ann and I) drive to Munice In, Terri Heuti In (spelling SORRY), Claremount Va, Fall Brawl Pa, Maryland International Raceway and down to the Mopar Nationals and other places all to see friends and shoot the bull.

If nothing else come on down and HONOR those who provide YOU the freedom to do what you do. I am speaking of the United States Marine Corps as well as the Navy, Army, Air Force and the Coast Guard.
Here it is I threw it out there and now let me know what you think.
I say make it happen. This is not for me but it is for the folks that are over there providing our freedom. If you do not like that then get the hell out of my country, I servered 21 years in the USMC.

Looking forward to a good time in April.

See Ya
Chris

Let me know what you think.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be glad to come down. We're not scheduled for the spring outage till the end of April so this is a good time to get away before the defication contacts the rotary oscilator. Be good to see you all again.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Got it on my calendar

Can we dig up a firemans hat anywhere down there? We may want to cook some Brats

Old 02-15-2005, 10:07 PM

Hello it's me again
Leigh is due home in March, I hope to have a chance to get to know her again before we get started in the events of the new year.
I am already figuring that we will be making a trip up to Dover Del so she can meet her GrandDaughter(born a week after she left for Iraq) around mid March.

I am going to touch base with the Dyno and the race track and see what we can get started.
I do plan on addressing racing trucks with a trailer attached. IE a 26ft goose neck. I say bring them on.
Take care
See ya
Chris
Old 02-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in,,,,,,,,, just name the place and time,,,,,
If I don't have the days scheduled off,,,,,,,,, it only takes a phone call to let them know I ain't gonna be there. I'll tell them I'm doing my patriotic duty!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:17 PM
DTR Advertiser

I will be there. I really enjoy the dyno and races down there. Putting it on my schedule now. Tim
Old 02-16-2005, 09:43 PM

Hey PapaSmurf, I will be there if I don't head to Virginia for Mopar Madness to race. I seem to keep missing the local diesel stuff. I will know when it gets closer.

Semper Fi
Old 02-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Chris:

You know Johnner and I will be there. Let me know if I can help you with
anything. I will try and give you a call near the weekend.

---------
John_P
Old 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Chapter President

Count me in. Will be good to see everyone again.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
DTR Advertiser

Has anyone asked Wayne yet? Wonder if he got that new ventilation system yet? Tim
Old 02-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey SmurF. you got a number to that Holiday Inn Express or whatever it was and some directions again?

Hey Tim, you got time to retorque the head and check the valves on this rig any time soon. I think I'm over due.

Thanks
Joel
Old 02-20-2005, 09:42 AM

I'll Be There!!! .......... Rick
Old 02-20-2005, 01:40 PM

Count me in.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Thanks for all the great replies.
I will get in touch with the race track and the dyno this week and post to you what I have found out.

If everything goes as I hope there will be a 3500 powered by a little six cylinder that will run in the 13/14 second in the Quarter mile. Of course it is one of those that is for folks with a lazy left foot, (AKA shiftless) I plan on running my somewhat stock truck as well.

I talked to Leigh Ann today, she is still figuring she will be home somewhere between 7 and 11 March. I am glad to know such a great bunch of folks, Leigh Ann has been deployed 8 months how in the heat of it all.

The race track down here is closed until the temp reaches 45 as a low.

As I said above I will get a answer from them so I can prosue this event. If anyone from EDGE or TST or ATS and DTT or BULLDOG or anyone else that wants to show off there product. This is going to be a good time so if you want to come join us for this event or send us hats or TShirts or anything that would be great. THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD TIME.

For you folks at DHRA What do we need to do to make this a DHRA event?? We are a bunch of folks who like to get together and have a good time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again
See Ya
Chris
Old 02-20-2005, 06:39 PM

RonP
Glad to meet you on this site. What do you say we have lunch sometime this week. Either PM me or call (910) 376 2958. I try to talk to all the Dodge Diesel folks I see.
Looking forward to meeting you.
See Ya
Chris

Quick Reply: Spring event in the N. C. area? 2/3 April 2005