Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler, 19 June 2005 - 25 June 2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:46 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Water Cooler, 19 June 2005 - 25 June 2005

Get your sorry behinds outa bed. I don't care if it's Fathers Day AND my 34th Wedding Anniversary. My wife has me up and at it and I think you should be doing the same.
It's gonna be a beautiful day outside. Temp around 89 and a light breeze. Gonna finish up the roof and have a few cold ones, or visa versa. Might even do both at the same time.

havingagreatdayalreadyShortround out
Old 06-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Got in late from big rig/diesel pickup pulls at The Buck, the four legged alarm clock woke me up at 6:30 and now I can't get back to sleep. This afternoon I'll probably fall asleep and miss the end of the race.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Ok somebody shoot that guy hammering on that roof already Pretty obvious why trees are not made of tin, the woodpeckers would drive you crazy

Dragging the boat to the Marina today for another season, yall be good!
Old 06-19-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else drinkin beer already? I had to work till 3 am, didn't get home till 4, tossing a few down so I can sleep with the sun shining. Too nice a day to have to work, I'll be back out this afternoon. Maybe.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Happy Father's day to all the rest, and a a special congrats to Mrs. Shortround for putting up with his sorry behind for 34 years.

Daughter took me out to breakfast at Shoneys.
Feelin' like a swole up tick right now......hard to move.

Gonna go give the Beast a bath a little later.

Not too much else on the plan for today....just bein' lazy will be enough.

Y'all B safe
Old 06-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin Folks,
Doing the 16-hour shuffle again today at work. Midnight to 1600 ,,,,,,
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads and and my own, who is still on "The United State's 5er Tour" with Mom and they are now visiting relatives in Tomah, WI. I'll give him a call later on today. He is still bragging about that new CTD and how well it's doing! They went the southern route all the way to CA and then up to WA and over. Should be back home in a few more weeks,,,,,,,,,,, only 1 flat tire on the 5er and luckily that was after they had come down out of the mountains in Montana. Dad said it will probably be a while before he can get Mom back up in any mountains,,,,,,,,,

Y'all have a good one,,,,,
Old 06-20-2005, 12:06 AM

Happy Monday,

Hope all of you dad's had a great day yesterday. Looks to be another fine day, probably in the 80's again.

SR, late congrats on your anniversary. That is a long time ... sure is good to see. Heck, that's about 33 years and 11 months longer than most Hollywood marriages last.
I will hit my 19th in August

Have a great day, y'all

LOOKINFORTHECOFFEEPOTPISTOL
Old 06-20-2005, 12:46 AM

Its still sunday in my neck of the woods.. lookin forward to a day off or two finally... 128 hrs in the last two weeks, non stop work.. but the pay check should be good.. till uncle sam gets to it I think I'll wash my truck tommorow... Have a good one or two days guys...
Scott
Old 06-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Thank Goodness today is Monday and I'm back at my desk.
Woke up yesterday and told Wifey I wan't planning on doing anything work-wise.
Went out to the garage......
Decided to put the Cap back on the truck (by myself)never again, then washed vacuumed out the truck.
Then decided to pick up and clean my tools that were all over the garage after my last project, looked around and then moved everything out, swept it out, and rearranged all the stuff going back in.
I have daughter's fiance's lawn mower in the garage too 'cuz the storage shed next door was still cluttered.
Well, moved everything out of the shed, swept it out, dissassembled about a bazillion screws on an old metal shelf unit so I could dispose of it, and sawzalled apart an old built in double oven that I'd replaced a year and a half ago.

I need a day off to recover from my day off.............

Y'all B safe,
Old 06-20-2005, 07:11 AM

Mornin' all.
Hey Ed, I have a few things in my garage that I need stored elsewhere, got any more room?
Quiet weekend, grilled out with friends (didn't drink anything but water, refer to PistolWhipt's comment in last weeks cooler thread), called the old man and wished him happy father's day on Sunday. Rearrainged the office and the living room a bit and watched the boob tube. Of 150 channels, 3 are worth it (CNN, Disc, History).
Looks like its next week I go to Maryland.

Have a good one,
~Rob
Old 06-20-2005, 07:34 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Mornin
Old 06-20-2005, 08:09 AM
JKE

Mornin' everyone.

Redleg - got any pics of the fishing trip?

Fullmoon Wednesday. Gonna try to hit the lake and catch some fish. Ya'll be good. - JKE
Old 06-20-2005, 11:00 AM

Yep ... that was definately a Monday. I am sooooo tired of baby-sitting grown men . Simple things just boggle their minds ... God forbid we hold ourselves to any kind of a standard !!

"It don't matter if you fall down, as long as you pick something off the floor when you get back up."

Sorry ... off my box.

Time to find a frosty adult beverage and contemplate my next move to thoroughly tick them off ....

PISTOL
Old 06-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Yep ... that was definately a Monday. I am sooooo tired of baby-sitting grown men . Simple things just boggle their minds ... God forbid we hold ourselves to any kind of a standard !!

"It don't matter if you fall down, as long as you pick something off the floor when you get back up."

PISTOL
I can sure relate to that, I never could understand why some people choose to whine about stuff instead of just doing what they can. Life is a challenge everyday, some people take the lumps and move forward, others just complain.

Like my Daddy used to say, If you are going to be a man, then BE ONE!

PS, the trick is to fall down next to the least objectionable object you caqn pick up
Old 06-20-2005, 12:03 PM

Morning guys... I think today is disneyland day.. ahhh the beauty of having a monday off and a season pass for D-land.. Time for some coffee before I get started... Going to make the coffee, then maybe a little morning fun with the fiance

Scott

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler, 19 June 2005 - 25 June 2005