Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler, 19 June 2005 - 25 June 2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuesday morning here in Germany. Had the coffee, got gradson off to preschool. Probly have to adjust clutch on daughters Tracker, no big trips planned for today. Looks like another warm sunny day.

Take care everone.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Morning from the East coast.
Cool morning, sunny skys, temps heading for the low to mid 80s.
G-G in the lot.
(I'm still on the same tank of fuel in the Beast from two weeks ago, now at 3/4 tank)

Interesting item in yesterday's local news.
D.C. Police Chief Wiggum,...I mean Ramsey, had his assigned black unmarked Crown Vic cruiser stolen from in front of his house.

Gotta love it.

Y'all B safe
Old 06-21-2005, 06:30 AM
JKE

good morning men.

Tilled the garden. Tilled under the okra. That was the sorriest stand of okra that I think I have ever laid my eyes on. I'll try again this weekend. Weeded everything and fed the crumb snatchers bannana peppers. Had to fight them off the plants. Those boys would have picked the the stems clean. Heck, they probably would have eaten that too. They are already eyeballing the cherry tomatos. as soon as any start to get yellow, they'll disappear like a 223 brass at the rifle range. Anyway, now that we have had a couple of days of sun, the garden is looking good.

Time for some and I need more sleep. - JKE
Old 06-21-2005, 07:40 AM

Grrrr, somebody needs to get fired. Got my eggs at the cafeteria today and they were out of ketchup. How do you eat eggs without ketchup? How does a cafeteria run out of ketchup?
Other than that, looks to be a good day. Hey it can't get any worse
Got my hog meat ready to take to the processor. Getting a bunch of sausage made. MMmmm

Take care ya'll,
~okraisnastyRob
Old 06-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally posted by hotdram
Grrrr, somebody needs to get fired. Got my eggs at the cafeteria today and they were out of ketchup. How do you eat eggs without ketchup? How does a cafeteria run out of ketchup?
Other than that, looks to be a good day. Hey it can't get any worse
Got my hog meat ready to take to the processor. Getting a bunch of sausage made. MMmmm

Take care ya'll,
~okraisnastyRob
No hotsauce?

Didn't get my breakfast either, the particular chain gas station I hit today doesn't have donuts like the others, counter girl kind of made up for it though.... and I think I about got her talked into ordering some. MAde a big batch of spaghetti last night, brought a big pot into work. Have a good one.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:42 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning all....
Got the knee cut yesterday, went well. I am on my back for another few days then have abrace to wear for a few months.
Heather, i am retired for the year at least now... sent everyone home and refered my cleints to other trainers. That sux...
But I guess its part of the game..
Sunny and HOT here today, suppossed to be in the mid 90's with little to no wind...
I would realy love to meet the guy that decided we should wear all black uniforms to stand out in the sun..
hmmm... better go get some more.....
Old 06-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Chrisreyn,

Sorry to hear that you will be layed up for a year. Hope the knee surgury fixes it so there is no more problems. You gotta take care of yourself.

Heather,

How are you doing after that kick in the head? Been roping and riding again?

hotdram,

Salsa on a torta. no muss no fuss. enjoy with a extra strong coffee.

It is evening here in Germany now. Went to the swimming pool in town to cool off
Comming back on the base had to get in line for a vehiciel inspection. Pain in the ____ time waster, as we are on the list.
Oh well. Take care.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Chapter President

6:23 pm here and 76*, geezzzzz, I am melting like frosty the snow man! Love Alaska to death and will never leave this place, but the summer heat kills a big man like me, better have another beer to hidrate and cool off! , ahhhhhhh, thats better.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:19 AM

Morning ev'rbody ...

Gonna be a good day I can tell ... SOMEBODY had a fresh pot of java waiting when I got in this morning. (I wonder what they are up to )

Chris, hang tight with that knee buddy. I don't envy you in the least.

AKDSLDOG, how big is Wasilla and how long have you lived there ?? I had a good friend that lived there, probably 10+ years ago ... she really liked it there.

Time to go stir the pot for today,
PISTOL
Old 06-22-2005, 05:36 AM

Work week's almost 1/2 over.
Beast in the lot, that means rain in the area today.
Feels weird to be surrounded by 7,000+ pounds of steel and have other drivers actually paying attention and looking before moving into my lane.

Ahhhhh Incomming E-Mail this early,.....SR must already be in the office this morning..............

Hope work won't interfere with the Power-Nap.

Y'all B safe,
Old 06-22-2005, 06:35 AM
JKE

mornin' fellas. got more rain last night. squash is trying real hard to make. just ain't quite gettin' there.

- JKE
Old 06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Morning ev'rbody ...

Gonna be a good day I can tell ... SOMEBODY had a fresh pot of java waiting when I got in this morning. (I wonder what they are up to )

Chris, hang tight with that knee buddy. I don't envy you in the least.

AKDSLDOG, how big is Wasilla and how long have you lived there ?? I had a good friend that lived there, probably 10+ years ago ... she really liked it there.

Time to go stir the pot for today,
PISTOL
I moved to Wasilla in 78' from Anchorage. When we first moved here it was a one yellow flashing light at main st. and we shoped at a place called Teelands, it was the size of a 7-11 store but had it all, cloths, school supplies, food, you name it. Now it's like CRAZY! !!! Population is 5,469 from a 2000 census, probly around 10,000 now. I have heared that Wasilla is second to Vegas in population growth for the USA. Heck we have a wal mart, fed myer's, lowes, home depot, sears. I know it sounds chump change to some of the cities most people here are from, but when you grow up here as long as I have, it's astounding to see. If I didn't have to commute to Anchorage for work I would move north to the property (1.25hrs north) and commute to wasilla, but the wages in Wasilla don't compare to Anchorage. We will soon have to get CITY HEAVY SHOP out here and you can bet I will have my app in. To me this place is stuck in my heart/memories, not sure if I could ever leave of coarse I would never leave the state!

Curt
Old 06-23-2005, 05:29 AM
JKE

Top o' the mornin' to ya.

should be fishing right now.....

Ya'll have a good one. - JKE
Old 06-23-2005, 05:54 AM

Thursday.
Weekend's closer than it was on Monday.
Another nice DC morning.
Sunny skies w/ temps in the low 60s heading for the mid 80s.

Ever notice that many folks that drive $40,000+ "luxury" vehicles don't seem to be able to afford a $2.00 pair of sunglasses or figure out how sun visors work.
I see them each morning on the highway hitting the brakes ever time the sun gets in their eyes.

G-G in the lot again, Truck is almost down to 1/2 tank.
Not too shabby , been three weeks since I filled 'er up last.

Enjoy the day.

Y'all B safe,
Old 06-23-2005, 06:22 AM

Mornin' all.
Hot again here today. Got the sunscreens on the house the other day, they make a big difference. How did we ever manage before codes and passwords? I've been at work less than 5 minutes and I've had to use a code to get into my office area, a code to retrieve my voicemail, a password to logon to my PC, a password to retrieve my email and a password to log onto our electronics timecard system (that is just a few I need on a daily basis). My head is spinning. And of course, it is company policy to not write any of these codes/passwords down Oh well, thank God for the "forgot password" option
It's official, I will be in Cockeysville MD. Monday afternoon/evening staying until ?????

Gotta go get some coffee, the pot is the only thing around here that doesn't require a password.

~Rob

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler, 19 June 2005 - 25 June 2005