Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Stopped my the Dodge dealer yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stopped my the Dodge dealer yesterday!

Stinking Salesman!!!

So I decide to drive over to the dealership to see if they have any 05s left. I'd like one w/ a 6-speed for sure. First off, all the HD trucks are parked in a lot behind the building which is about 150 yds off the hwy. So I drive back there and get out to look at the 06s. I see the guy walking down the long lot. So he comes up and starts telling me about all the suspension upgrades they've made on the 06s and how the lights are about 50% brighter than the 05s. He askes me what I'm looking for and I tell him. 05, 6 speed, 3500, 4x4, SRW or DRW, LB, Laramie, QC, 05 or 06. Of course they don't have one. I said call me if you find one and he says OK after he asks me again what I want! (I hate repeating myself especially to a salesman when I am a salesman too). So I leave and get home and the phone rings. He asks me if I can come back and talk.
I say "Did you find a truck?
He says "The manager says it's no problem!"
I ask again "What did you find?
He says again "The manager says we do it all the time!"
Then he asks "Can you come down tomorrow or Monday?"
I ask "What time are you there tomorrow?"
He asks "What time can you come by?"
I ask again "What time are you there tomorrow?
Ha says again "What time would you like to come by?"
I ask "Are you working tomorrow?" I'm getting very irritated at this point!
He says "What time would you like me to call you tomorrow?"
I just finally tell him to call me when he's at work because he obviously doesn't understand very good English. He never did tell me if they found anything close to what I wanted but was already asking me for a commitment to buy. I'm sorry but if you're going to be a salesman you need to learn the language and listen to your potential customers!! Needless to say I won't be answering the phone if he calls!!

On another note, there is another dealer that has a brand new 05 silver Dually QC, LB 2wd 6-speed Laramie for only $30,500!! That's a great deal but I really like having 4X4 even though it hardly gets used. It's very tempting.....
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 AM

Salesmen!

I went to a ford dealer the other day to check out the new Mustang. I walked in the door, the salesman came up and I said to him" I'm just looking - no intention of buying anything - don't need help...".

Next thing I know he is dragging me into the managers office to discuss financing terms and wants me to fill out a customer information form (name, address, phone number, e-mail...).

I finally gave up and just walked out the door. Never even got to see the inside or under the hood of the Mustang.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Now you give me one good reason why you would want to trade in the gorgeous 03 with low miles and setup just the way you want it for one two years newer. YOu will then have to set it up (which, if you don't remember, costs a bunch of money) and suffer huge depreciation on the 03. Now think, boy - - think - - don't waste all that money.

Hmmm, do they have a gorgeous 3500 Laramie, 6 speed, 2wd?
Bob
Old 10-30-2005, 09:28 AM

Salesman

That's what sets a good one apart from a bad one. I found the truck i wanted printed out the sheet, went into the office and talked to a guy. I said this is the truck I want, I want it built, what's the best price you can do... Best one said he'd match invoice, I said you get the deal (here's the catch) The company I work for allows a 2% under invoice price, so when they said invoice, I said I work over at Amgen, take 2% off, oh yeah, so I got a heck of a deal (about the same as the customer sales one) but still. Yes some are irritating. I went out Quad shoping the other day with the Wife to be and I said just looking, not gonna buy until around April (bonus time). He was like sounds good, if you wanna take any for a ride, do this, do that, feel free. Rode one, it was nice, a little too much upkeep if you ask me (dont' want something that high tech for her) But because of the sales and knowledge of the guy I'd seriously consider buying it there, knowing they'd help down the road. I also make sure the salesman knows alot about the truck. If I ask him what oil it takes and he don't know, hey, his loss
Old 10-30-2005, 11:11 AM

I found my 2005 70 miles away by specing out what I wanted on the dodge website and searching inventory. I managed to find the 2005 silver lwb 4x2 six speed SLT which is exactly what I was after.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 AM

Yup Fiverbob. That's why I haven't done anything yet. If I can't get a truck that's much better than my current one, I'll keep it. I will not buy a new one with auto for sure since I've spent a couple grand on this one already. I'd like a 6 speed but I do sit in traffic so it would not be the best in that regard. My current truck has been relatively trouble free too.

To be honest though, this is my way of doing some more BOMBing without the wife getting too mad. First off, she knows I'm a motorhead and I like my vehicles a bit quicker than the average. Secondly, I can now go to her and say " I was going to spend $15,000.00 on a brand new truck but instead I'm gonna buy me a turbo and injectors and also get a full DTT trans which will cost us a whole lot less in the long run." It's a great scam...

Those Laramies sure are nice though.........
Old 10-30-2005, 08:44 PM

When I bought mine I actually found a pretty good salesman.. walked in the door and of course several salespersons were on me in a heartbeat.. Told them I was just looking to see what they had... all but one walked away.. he told me I am not doing anything right now let me point you in the right direction on the lot.. He walked me right to a line of about 8 4X4 trucks.. I saw the truck.. drove it and when we drove back into the lot I told him.. OK I'll take it..

I should have taken a picture of his expression.. I was only at the dealership 20 minutes.. With the memorial day discount and the dealer had the truck discounted $7K to begin with it was to good to pass the deal up..

Gerry
Old 10-31-2005, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Stinking Salesman!!!

So I decide to drive over to the dealership to see if they have any 05s left. I'd like one w/ a 6-speed for sure. First off, all the HD trucks are parked in a lot behind the building which is about 150 yds off the hwy. So I drive back there and get out to look at the 06s. I see the guy walking down the long lot. So he comes up and starts telling me about all the suspension upgrades they've made on the 06s and how the lights are about 50% brighter than the 05s. He askes me what I'm looking for and I tell him. 05, 6 speed, 3500, 4x4, SRW or DRW, LB, Laramie, QC, 05 or 06. Of course they don't have one. I said call me if you find one and he says OK after he asks me again what I want! (I hate repeating myself especially to a salesman when I am a salesman too). So I leave and get home and the phone rings. He asks me if I can come back and talk.
I say "Did you find a truck?
He says "The manager says it's no problem!"
I ask again "What did you find?
He says again "The manager says we do it all the time!"
Then he asks "Can you come down tomorrow or Monday?"
I ask "What time are you there tomorrow?"
He asks "What time can you come by?"
I ask again "What time are you there tomorrow?
Ha says again "What time would you like to come by?"
I ask "Are you working tomorrow?" I'm getting very irritated at this point!
He says "What time would you like me to call you tomorrow?"
I just finally tell him to call me when he's at work because he obviously doesn't understand very good English. He never did tell me if they found anything close to what I wanted but was already asking me for a commitment to buy. I'm sorry but if you're going to be a salesman you need to learn the language and listen to your potential customers!! Needless to say I won't be answering the phone if he calls!!

On another note, there is another dealer that has a brand new 05 silver Dually QC, LB 2wd 6-speed Laramie for only $30,500!! That's a great deal but I really like having 4X4 even though it hardly gets used. It's very tempting.....
stopped at a dealer the other night and they have a beautiful 3rd gen, 2wd, 6speed dually, laramie, has a **** on the shifter for either a gear splitter or exhaust brake...and it looks beauitful. they want $30,500 for it used with low miles