Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Steering Pull/Wheel Spacer (Honda)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Steering Pull/Wheel Spacer (Honda)

Alright, first of all, let's get one thing straight--NO RICER JOKES! I'm working really hard to save up to get a CTD this summer, so NO RICER JOKES!

I just got through reading a thread about something I have seen a few times before. Dodge puts a wheel spacer to correct pull.

Here's the deal. I have a 96' Accord and it is driving me NUTS! I have a pull to the left that I cannot correct. I just put new tires on it and had it alligned. It still pulls to the left. Even the guys at the tire place had no idea. The allignment was PERFECT, was dead on at each four corners. I have no tie rod end play and no bearing play what so ever. I just changed the drive shafts (had the two outer CV boots tear) and gave everything a real close look, don't see anything bent, loose, or worn. I also tried rotating the tires all over the place, the direction/strength of the pull does not get any worse or any better. I have about 10,000 miles on the tires already and there is no sign of uneven wear, featered edges, or anything!

The question is, do you think playing around with wheel spacers could help my problem? I'm assuming various thicknesses vary how much pull it will add/reduce? If the car is pulling to the left, what side would I have to put it on to take a way the pull?

Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated!

Josh
Old 02-17-2004, 10:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
have you had it on a frame machine?
a four wheel alignment with the laser jimmies?

try alignment at a different shop?

is it only under power, or while coasting? that would be the diff wearing out.

power steering pump or rack causing problem? put up on jack stands & crank it up?

it sounds hard ($$$) to fix.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The misses had a little civic wagon way back, a 84 or so. It always pulled to one side, cant remember which but when I finally took it in I was told the springs were shot and uneven in the front. this was common and was causing the pull. Does it do it all the time or just under accelleration? Torque steer?