Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spanish Commercial on English language TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spanish Commercial on English language TV

Has anybody else on here heard a Spanish only commercial on an English mainstream TV station?

3 times in the last 2 days, I have heard a spanish speaking commercial come on. I have (stuck with) Time Warner Cable.......so I don't know if that is specific to them or not. I recall the commercials coming on while watching Discovery Channel...........at least once on Mike Rowe's Dirtiest Jobs and another while watching Ted Koppel's show about prison overcrowding.

My jaw dropped!

It's bad enough we are being over run with illegals....but now it sounds like we are being forced fed their language (in our own country) even while watching an English Main Stream channel! That is going to far, imo.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I havent seen one yet but I completely agree with you that this is going too far.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have not heard any yet although I'm sure it is just because I mostly listen to AM talk.

Some brain trust at my department decided to put spanish bumper stickers on the rear of our patrol cars a couple of years ago. Not on my watch, I yanked it off. I imagine this is what it felt like in the last days of Rome.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
..and just like Rome, Nero is fiddling while it burns...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is leaning toward politics but before it tips completely I just have to ask why you guys are so angry at something that makes no sense?

Marketing is done by companies that are trying to maximize their profit by reaching a targeted audience. Thay are trying to be recognized by an already existing group and turn it into profit. That is not promoting illegal immigration, it's capitalism. It's the American way.

Being angry at a language that has been spoken here for 300 years or more and implying that it is somehow promoting illegal immigration is also interesting.

Our immigration system is completely out of control, our borders are porous to those that don't care about our laws and only potential immigrants that want to play by the rules are being treated poorly, not the ones that don't care about our rules.

If you want to change the broken system focus your attention on the President and Congress. Use your ballot and your voice of reason. Simply hating an immigrant is not helping. They are here because we allow them to be here and because we want them to be here. If not we'd close the border, raid businesses, construction sites and farms all over America. Then we'd make it harder for all the immigrant workers to send billions across the border.

We're not being invaded but our society is changing due to inaction and back door approval. If you want to do something, get beyond hating them and start working to fix the policy. Openly discuss the pros and cons of immigration and help set a new policy, or just fire the current, so called, leaders. Blind nationalism and hatred are only going to make it worse.

John
Old 10-08-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raspy
If you want to change the broken system focus your attention on the President and Congress. Use your ballot and your voice of reason.
Mostly I am angry that the boys "trying to maximize their profit" are calling the shots with the elected officials.

If it makes money it must be good for us, right?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the way I see it, thats not good marketing, because most americans don't undertand spanish.

But the whole illegal immigration thing is pretty simple to me, employers in America are the one's enabling it to happen. They get breaks in all sorts of ways by not paying taxes on those employee's, paying them horrible wages, and working long hours because the illegal immigrants can't report them because they themselve will be sent back home or jailed. They come here to work, well then someones giving them jobs illegally. So u have to go after the employers first to stop the illegal employment, that way only legal citizens will get the jobs. But instead they pay some contractors to build a fence on the border, lol....
Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Show me a politican that will do something about the illegal's and I'll vote for them. They're all talk at election time, but don't stay the course, or get beat down by the liberal media.

Their commercials may get some of the illegal's sales, but if it's something I can keep from buying or using, they just lost this Legal American's money.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Lets take this one over to our sister site http://all-politics.net/