Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New week old room

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:16 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Greetings from waaaay down south, the land of the lovely weather. As I type this at 14:00 the temperature is a nice 25c, a slight breeze now and then, blue skies with a few puffy white clouds and a humidity of 60%. That 60% is high for here, but is due to the recent rain. For those of you that are still using the cumbersome and obsolete Fahrenheit system, 25c translates to 77f.

Scotty, there are a few Mexican dishes that sound similar to the one that you inhaled and every one of them is delicious. Just love the Mexican food. Going to meet some friends for lunch in about an hour and for a change we will be having pizza, just to get a break from the Mexican food.

Bob, are you sure that light at the end of the tunnel that you see is not another train coming at you?

Been busy for the last two days working at the orphanage. They called me yesterday to go and fix a delinquent electric sliding gate. Found some big problems with it and decided to install a new motor and gearbox assembly. Although the new one looked like the old one, same brand etc, there was enough difference to make this a whole new installation. It was a pain to modify everything. Then just when I thought that I was finished, discovered that the magnetic switches on the new motor were reversed to old motor. That meant that I needed to cut the old supports off the gate, reposition them and weld them back on. Not rocket science, but took a lot of time. This gate is located next to a dirt road and every now and then a tractor trailer would come by and raise a cloud of fine dust which the breeze would blow onto my sweaty skin. Badly needed a shower as soon as I got home.

Off to enjoy this lovely weather and a fine lunch. BTW, typical lunch time here starts around 14:00 - 15:00.

Ciao. Or in this case, chow time.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:52 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from Paradise where once again we have a lovely day starting to dawn. It's also lovely because I am looking down at the green grass and not up at the brown roots. It's good to feel good too.

Where is everybody? This place used to be so alive, but is so dead lately. C'mon you lurkers, get in here and liven the place up a tad. What needs to happen to get y'all to participate?

What on earth is this stuff left over in the coffee pot? Not going to even try to clean it up, but just made "fresh" (boy, is it 'fresh'!) coffee on top of this stuff. Ph00 and hot water is ready, so c'mon in and stay a while. The dragon does not bite - unless you do not bring it something to eat.

Off to the dentist in a few hours, hopefully just for a checkup.

Took my wife's SUV in for some work a few days ago and while I was there noticed a Lincoln Mark LT on the hoist, so wondered over and looked underneath. Those back springs look like all they can carry is the weekly groceries and look no stronger than a large car. No doubt the truck has a comfortable ride, but sure wonder at how good it is working as a real truck.

For those who are interested in engineering and/or traveling, here is an item of interest for you;
http://www.bbc.com/travel/ story/20170531-chinas- impossible-engineering-feat

L8tr.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Back to cold and rain after a brief moment of warm and sun. Found some really cheap tires for the wife's car. Up to 5 baby rabbits in over the yard now.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang. Little late getting here and nothing to eat and the ph00 is stale. That's OK - - my fault. Hit the project BEFORE daybreak, felt my way along until I could actually see. Bob, Stan, the light was not a train - - seeing the end real quick - - EXCEPT for bubblehead Bob - - did not plan far enough ahead in spacing and need one more plant and one space will be complete except for the new lighting. Sure looking good. Blonde was very happy with it. So hot again - - came in at 11 and hit the pool and just floated for about 1/2 hr in the shaded part of the pool and cooled my bod down. Came in, ate, grabbed short snooze and now heading back out for my orphan plant. Ahhh, the fresh ph00 is down so take that with me.

Stan - - fascinating article about that bridge. Been on some amazing ones, but nothing support over/thru caves. Scary.

OK, goofed off long enough - - gear up, don the sun gear and lotions, get the plant, put it in the ground - - then make it all beautiful with new mulch, no weeds, nicely trimmed - - - oh yeh - - sweep the pavers, dummy.

ps: Stan - - Previous business is talking about trying to get me to come out of retirement and help them open up New Zealand. I all ready did Australia for them about 20 years ago along with England. Talking about a 3 - 4 month stay. Hmmm, would give me a chance for some great RVing weekends down there - - and maybe work it to RV Australia while down there. The blonde would love that. Money talks - - we will see.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Just arrived home after being out for most of the day doing chores with my wife. Also made a quick stop at my beloved dentist.

Doncha hate yourself when you miscount or do something stupid Like you did? Ooops, did I just call you stupid? OK, I'll take the 'stupid' back and let you fill in the blank.

Lovely weather here today. Not hot at all. A bit cloudy and it is looking like the weatherman is thinking about spitting on us bit later, but do not expect anything serious.

Bob, mate, take the job and take me with you. I will get my own RV and keep both maintained and clean.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Finally got the new hard drive in for my laptop. Spent a couple days setting it up and it appears all is well again.

Stopped by and see I missed some great vittles. Also see that some have been working entirely too hard!

See ya!