Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Week, New Outlook Break Room 8/2-8/8

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
New Week, New Outlook Break Room 8/2-8/8

Let's get this mess turned around. My new camper's going to be rigged out and road tested before this week is out.

Coffee and Ph00 are on. Bacon, eggs, venison sausage, fruit and trimmins are on the counter. Cook and eat.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:35 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
What mess? Oh, you must mean this breakroom. Right.

Could have been here at 2 a.m.. but that was just a bit too early for your lazy layarounds. Well, except for Shorts maybe. We are dogsitting this weekend and the stupid dog kept on getting lonely, so every now and then made a noisy fuss all thru the night as it wanted company. Was ready to strangle it a few times, hence being up at 2 a.m. It is a Shiba Inu, with the red coat, so looks a bit like a fox but with a curly tail. Kinda cute.

Thanks j_m for the coffee and grub. I am hungry, so will get started before some of the DTR members show up. You know, the ones that have larger than normal appetites. Take note that I did not use the word 'greedy'.

The last few days have been absolutely gorgeous. No rain, brilliant blue skies with just the occasional white puffy cloud floating by. Max daily temp around 27 - 30C. That's a tad warm, but still quite comfortable.

My computer has been dying for quite a while now and a couple of days ago it stopped connecting to the internet. Even my server techies could not make it connect, so had to go out and buy a new laptop. Can't complain too much as the old one is about 7 or 8 years old and has been lugged around all over the world. Don't play games or do anything, so bought a middle of the road cheapie. It runs at 3.2 GHz, has 12 Gb of RAM and has a huge 2000 Gb of memory. Will never even half fill that. Surprisingly, Office Depot had the largest selection of laptops in town, plus were even cheaper than Costco or Best Buy. Plus they now have the Best Buy equivalent of The Geek Squad, called Mr.Fix.

Had my coffee, but still need sleep.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...

...Bye
Old 08-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTROnians! Mmmmmm good breakfast thanks J!

Y'all have a SAFE week!
Old 08-02-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Happy friendship day ????

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_Day
Old 08-02-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Been out slaving away in the shop. I had a vacuum leak on the old Magnum I couldn't find. It acted like the timing was slipping, sometimes great and sometime pinging. Out of desperation, I started checking every intake bolt. Guess who forgot to tighten one of the 4 carb bolts...........Oops!

I'm letting it cool down now. I'll take it for a spin later and see the results.

Have a great week!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the breakfast J_M, that was tasty. It is going to be another hot day on the edge of the Canadian prairies. I feel really bad for our local farmers, they only got about 30% of the normal amount of hay this year and now the grain crops are burning up from the heat and lack of rain. This all comes after a 3 day snow storm last September (around the 6th) that caught most crops still in the field.

DW and I will defnitely be in the pool this evening.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Ph00, over easy eggs, venison sausage ! yummy. Ideal breakfast. mornnin, allyall
Old 08-02-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Pre and post afternoon to y'all. Did the pickup bed swap yesterday in the broiling heat and excessive humidity. The guy I traded with was more of a yaker than a worker. At least he had a couple of dangerous hoists set up. 6 hours of blood, sweat, and cussing later we where done. Today I'm cleaning dead mice out of the mud room. At least it is cooler with some overcast for shade.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:48 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
PS. I'm downloading Windows 10 today. Skeptical after Windows 8, but if it works like the demos I should be able to use it.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi all - - still some ph00, so grabbing a cup. Looks like everyone finally got up. Been a busy one for me all ready - - finally had about a 1/2 hour snooze on the couch after going like crazee since 4:30 this morning.

Weather??? Well, only a few drops came down today, but cloudy all day. Sun is actually partially out right now - - wow that is bright - - no used to it.

Good luck on the download, Coug. Been afraid to do it until I get back from North Carolina, and that won't be for another month. Let me know how it went.

OK, refill and go catch up on "stuff" ..................

Bob
Old 08-02-2015, 10:52 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello from 75 degree ville!

welcome JT and New jerseyman, always glad to have yer posts!

yes TG, relax (or hide) in the pool. calm clear heads for later....

wow: nasty fires out west, the waste. sorrowful. be careful west coasters.

weedwhacker and I are an even match now. only annual chore left is around the pond. oh what clumsy thing will happen......

have my trusty mini laptop. not going to windows 10. have a new mini latop but just can't abandon my ol one........

cougar, you should have a 'new' truck now?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:02 AM

Morning all - - the coffee and ph00 are fresh, hot and delicious - - pour yourself a cup and share. ..................

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
have my trusty mini laptop. not going to windows 10. have a new mini latop but just can't abandon my ol one........
Heidi - - seeing good reports on Windows 10, especially for those of us who hate these APP thingies. So far, very stable and much more user friendly than 8 (which I hate and bypass at every opportunity).

Off to try and pull things together to get out of here. Will it happen???? GGGGRRRR

Bob
Old 08-03-2015, 07:21 AM

OK you bunch - - get out of bed.

Just caught the weather on TV - - Holy Smoke. Michigan getting pounded. Take care, Chaikwa. Just started raining (AGAIN - - - STILL) here and Tampa has had 6" within the past 3 hours. Wow, what do you do with 6" of water in 3 hours. That is tough. Thankfully that cell is moving to the east, not south, but the bad part it is in a "train" meaning there is a bunch more right behind it moving in from the gulf. This is amazing - - never seen it like this here in my 40 some years of living down here.

OK, refill.....................................and back to see what is happening. Take care everyone and keep your life jacket close by.

SoakingWetBob
Old 08-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Be safe folks.
Momma Nature is upset.

Have fun BobbyDependable.

High tu olive ewe.

Igonow

With my Leggs!

Sing it Twinner!

Quick Reply: New Week, New Outlook Break Room 8/2-8/8