Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

same old break room New week.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
same old break room New week.

Phoo goo is on. Bloatmeal bubbling and fresh depends filtering the coffee. At least Bobby said they were fresh which not mean clean.

Enjoy the week and give thanks for what you have.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Phoo goo is on. Bloatmeal bubbling and fresh depends filtering the coffee. At least Bobby said they were fresh which not mean clean.

Enjoy the week and give thanks for what you have.

Hey big guy - - good to see you up and atum. Fresh??? It all DEPENDS on what you call fresh.................

Morning all - - Scotty said it best - - give thanks. Grabbing my ph00 and getting purdy so they won't kick me out at church. ......................

Bob
Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Canadian ph00... B0b is gonna start talkin' funny now!

G'mornin'all! Can ya b'lieve it's NOVEMBER already?

Today is the 3rd of November, and it's a Sunday, so after you read this, you should be on your way to church. Or here to make me a big Sunday dinner!

1507 - Leonardo DaVinci was commissioned by the husband of Lisa Gherardini to paint her. The work is known as the Mona Lisa.

1631 - The Reverend John Eliot arrived in the Massachusetts Bay Colony. He was the first Protestant minister to dedicate himself to the conversion of Native Americans to Christianity.

1793 - Stephen F. Austin was born. He was the principal founder of Texas.

1796 - John Adams was elected the 2nd U.S. President.

1911 - Chevrolet Motor Car Company was founded by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant.

1941 - U.S. Ambassador to Japan John Grew warned that the Japanese may be planning a sudden attack on the U.S.

1957 - Sputnik II was launched by the Soviet Union. It was the second manmade satellite to be put into orbit and was the first to put an animal into space, a dog named Laika.

1973 - The U.S. launched the Mariner 10 spacecraft. On March 29, 1974 it became the first spacecraft to reach the planet Mercury.

1986 - The Ash-Shiraa, pro-Syrian Lebanese magazine, first broke the story of U.S. arms sales to Iran to secure the release of seven American hostages. The story turned into the Iran-Contra affair.

1992 - Carol Moseley-Braun became the first African-American woman U.S. senator.

1994 - Susan Smith of Union, SC, was arrested for drowning her two sons. Nine days earlier Smith had claimed that the children had been abducted by a black carjacker.

1995 - U.S. President Clinton dedicated a memorial at Arlington National Cemetery to the 270 victims of the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.

1998 - A state-run newspaper in Iraq urged the country to prepare for to battle "the U.S. monster."

1998 - Minnesota elected Jesse "The Body" Ventura, a former pro wrestler, as its governor.

Today's thought:
Don't Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

TOB&F today!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin.

Just got back from a week in the 'field' with the chaplain's school... used the iPhone to record them in the gas chamber.

Kinda weak, but that's the best I could do with what I had.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good memories from that Vedio mad hat why didn't you all make them completely demask like I had to in the army

Hoping for a good day. Latter
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM

Corn is getting closer to done. Two weeks should have it whipped. Won't have next weekend off, weaning calves. Have a feeling it could get real fun, being we have two or three more pastures than in the past. At least one has a permanent corral set-up on it.

Have to go to court for the weight ticket again tomorrow, will get it paid down under 1/3 of the total.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Good memories from that Vedio mad hat why didn't you all make them completely demask like I had to in the army

Hoping for a good day. Latter

I was trying to teach them a lesson... just because you have the power to haze someone doesn't mean you should...

It was too weak in there anyway. I probably could have done it without a mask.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by madhat
Just got back from a week in the 'field' with the chaplain's school... used the iPhone to record them in the gas chamber.
That's pretty cool! What is the gas? Are the masks supplied with air of any kind or are they filter masks?
Old 11-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
That's pretty cool! What is the gas? Are the masks supplied with air of any kind or are they filter masks?
Ventilator air from the rest room.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cougar
Ventilator air from the rest room.
Can't be. They'd be dead after the first breath.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good morning DTRonians,
The extra hour of sleep last night was nice but this morning I woke up to a gong show. The snow has more or less stopped but the wind has come up. We have had 30 and 40mph winds since the middle of the night. All that snow that fell gently yesterday is now drifing. Yesterday the temp was right near the freezing points so the rural highways were all wet and covered in wet slushy snow. When the sun set last night the temperature dropped and the wind came up. Apparently the highways are a total nightmare today. Today is definitely as 'stay inside' day but I have work tomorrow so this ought to get exciting The attached picture is looking west from the ktichen door. That drift behind the horse shelter is already 800ft long, about 5ft wide and 4ft high. It is only
November 3rd for heavens sake. That snow is going to be with us until May.
Scotty, batten down the hatches, apparently this system is now moving into Saskatchewan but to make it even better for you it is mixing with a system that is coming up your way from the States that is a little warmer and supposedly is going to throw some freezing rain into the mix. Oh the fun of winter on the prairies....

BTW - good to see Madhat making an appearance in the breakroom, we haven't seen you around here in ages.
Attached Thumbnails same old break room New week.-image.jpg  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
afternoon all taking a break from my chummins project I hope I don't have to work on it in the snow I have done that and no it isn't fun...hopefully I can get it done before winter or before I have to move again. later
Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morning all...
was up at 0600, had breakfast
took a nap by 0800... I gotta stop having 4 egg omelets at my age.
got in a 3 mile run before lunch, had grilled ham and cheese sandwich. Needed a pitcher of Heineken to go with it and I would have felt like I was in Schiphol.
About to go fuel my truck for next week.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by chaikwa
CS gas, like a tear gas, nothing terrible. It's just a confidence exercise so they know how to use the mask.

The masks have a filter on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CS_gas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_Field_Protective_Mask

Quick Reply: same old break room New week.