Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

NEW TOY

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NEW TOY

Hope this works. first time posting a picture.<br>This is my new toy, hopefully it will pay for itself.<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 04-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Re:NEW TOY

Man,,,,,,,, I love those little things! ;D<br> There was a time when the first job I had out of high school was running one of those (the Bobcat brand) for a construction company. They used to call me &quot;Captain Bobcat&quot;! I could load a dump truck faster with that little sucker than the guy could with the front bucket on the backhoe. It spent most of the time on the rear wheels. One thing I learned fast was Always wear the seatbelt. It is no fun going across the parking lot once you have tipped over frontwards with the bucket raised and the front wheels still powering it along. The hard part is letting go of the steer handles so it will stop without falling out the front cause you didn't have the belt on. (You don't need to ask how I know.) :
Old 04-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet Monty would love one of these. Those things will throw you quicker than you can sneeze if you ain't got that belt on.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like riding a bucking bronco once it gets started jumping.<br><br>A couple experiences: <br> My dad rolled down the side of a mountain in a Bobcat when the embankment he was working on gave way. Crushed most of the bones in one hand.<br><br> I almost flipped a Case skid loader back in highschool. I was dumping uranium muck at the end of a steep uphill grade and raised the bucket a little too high. If it wasn't for a big steel &quot;bumper&quot; that was welded on the back ... I would've rolled over backward and then down a 30 foot muckpile.<br><br> Good ol' mom bought me a new pair of shorts the next day ;D <br><br>PISTOL
Old 04-09-2003, 07:55 AM

I also want a skidsteer really bad. My step dad owns several for his business and a few weeks ago he let me borrow a brand new Bobcat T300 for the weekend! That thing was a beast. over 100hp turbo diesel, hard rubber tracks, enclosed cab with A/C, heat, stereo, that thing was like a little dozer. There was no job I could find that it would not do. He said it cost a little over $30,000 Guess I really can't justify that. Guess I'll just have to borrow his ;D
Old 04-09-2003, 08:26 AM

When I went to look at the skidsteer, the salesman asks me<br>&quot;Those things are kinda heavy, do you have enough truck to pull it?&quot;<br>I just looked toward my truck and at the same time he did also.<br>He then replied &quot; Oh, forget I said that&quot;<br> ;D ;D<br>The skidsteer is a 1999 Cat 226. It has 2200 hours on it.<br>Pilot controls, which means all movement and bucket, boom controls are in two joysticks.<br>Auxilliary hydraulics, for grapple, backhoe, hammer, or other attatchments.<br>It will probably be delivered on Saturday, they are currently fixing a steel line for the aux hydraulics, and putting 4 new tires on it. now all I have to do is pay for it. :'(
Old 04-09-2003, 02:04 PM

A skid steer is the equivalent to the &quot;A&quot; rides at the Fair - if you ain't got a excrement-eating grin on face after you get in one them somebody must be looking over your shoulder. <br><br>When we were doing the site work for my brother's shop I did everything but put one upside down in the creek. Yes, the belts come in handy. Stood one on its nose in a ditch more than once - them cages would hurt if you ran face-first into it.<br><br>Handiest piece of equipment for a small space. Put in a driveway on a slope between two houses with trees and shrubs close in one time. Was real glad I could spin in my tracks and go the other way. Would have taken forever and probably done damage if I had to do it with even a miniature backhoe.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:39 PM

[quote author=richard link=board=10;threadid=13381;start=0#125875 date=1049862511]<br>This is my new toy, hopefully it will pay for itself.<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Wish you were a little closer to Oklahoma. I got some landscaping work to do on my yard that you could break that thing in on. Guess I may have to look at renting one for a day.<br><br>CR