Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Monster Jam

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monster Jam

I was just watching Monster Jam, seems they race 6 pm, seen them more than once a week. I know they are repeats but they sure are fun to watch, Dennis Anderson sure knows what he is doing these days. What about back in the day? where have some of the big names gone? The biggest winner that is missing is Bigfoot. Where did that beast go and why? with such a winning truck why stop? Was there presure to get rid of him and his "unfair advantage" whatever that may have been? Just seems that a winning setup that should still be out there kickin but is missing for an unknown ( to me) reason. I realize it was a big blue oval beast but still, monster trucks just seems to be missing a large component.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Banned

I quit watching monster jam after bigfoot quit showing up. It's just not the same. Although, grave digger is my 2nd favorite.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to one in Memphis last year. It was "okay," not a real big deal though. I would drive those things harder than they did. I've seen them at the 4x4 Jamborees as well and they just don't do much. There is so much money in those trucks and they hit the same jump over and over, it gets real boring.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered

dennis anderson in grave digger is my absoute favorite. i hate tom ments. havnt seen monster jam in a while tho...
Old 01-04-2006, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I quit watching monster jam after bigfoot quit showing up. It's just not the same. Although, grave digger is my 2nd favorite.
Ive never been

much into the "modern" monster trucks. I was rootin up some video archieves i have and I found return of the monster trucks, and battle of the monster trucks... Back when the trucks were actually Real metal trucks so to say. So what if they were primitive and what not, id rather watch monsters up to 1988 or so before they went to plastic and what not... than this new stuff that they call monster trucks...

Rick
Old 01-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned

Grave Digger and Bigfoot are a couple of the original monster trucks. Grave Digger actually started in NC at a mud run when the original owner told a couple of his buddies that he was gonna take his truck and dig their grave's with it.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:03 PM

Grave Digger and Bigfoot are a couple of the original monster trucks. Grave Digger actually started in NC at a mud run when the original owner told a couple of his buddies that he was gonna take his truck and dig their grave's with it.

Well a few originals are

Bigfoot
bearfoot
rolling thunder
USA-1
Awesome Kong
Outlaw 35
heavy metal
Monster Mash
Krimson Krusher
Master of Disaster
Hercules

thats just off the top of my head... Very true on ur theory of the monster trucks, Dennis Anderson started with a maroon truck i think....

Just watch this entrance video

http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/

Ull see what real monsters are...

Rick
Old 01-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
http://www.gravedigger.com/history

Grave Digger's site.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

nothing yet on why bigfoot got out of the race circuit......., major curiosity gettin me here.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:43 AM

there are like 20 something bigfoot's. Most of them are in a Bigfoot Museum in like St. Louis I think. After the name got so big, I believe the owner finally made the people that wanted him at the show to pay him to bring it out.

I remember Bigfoot from when I was 4 and 5 when he would come to the local arena and run. I have a few pictures somewhere with me standing inside the wheel. Awesome memories...
Old 01-05-2006, 10:06 AM

Sampson I and Sampson II I watched them crush busses in Rupp Arena when I was a kid.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We are going this weekend to the Monster Jam in Houston. I was telling my kids that back in the day Monster trucks were not as...well......aggressive at attacking the tracks or cars as they are today. They were a side show to the tractor pulls. Bigfoot would basically sneak up on a car, goose it just enough to get the front wheels on top of the car and goose it again to get rear wheels up, chrushing the car in the process. You would see the Astrodome light up with flash bulbs while he just sat on top of the cars and everyone yelling and screaming. That was entertainment back then. Now....well there might be a car or two still in-tact left on the track after the races because they all jump OVER the cars. 2000hp in a 20K pound truck 30ft in the air is a sight to behold. But to be honest, I like watching the guys in the "run what you brung races" that they have during the Monster truck stagings. Inevidably the winner is some guy in a late 60 early 70' bronco or scout. Those things are tough.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
......2000hp in a 20K pound truck 30ft in the air is a sight to behold.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
......2000hp in a 20K pound truck 30ft in the air is a sight to behold.

Yeah, like that!