Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Michael Moore owned Halliburton, Defense stocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
Wrong answer. Not during a time of war, not when we have people in harm's way. If you want to debate it PRIOR to the war, knock yourself out. Once the war starts sit down & SHUT UP. You "embolden" the enemy to fight harder knowing there is decension in America. The Viet Nam protesters acutally lost the war for us and killed many thousands of Americans soldiers in protesting the war.

"Those who do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it."
The government keeps giving contracts to halliburton and they repeatedly misappropriate funding. Millions of dollars just disappear, supplies never make it to the troops, and they keep getting contracts. The money that should have paid for the personnel armor could have come from some of the money halliburton lost. Remember when families had to buy armor for their soldiers, cus the government 'couldn't afford' to?

"Once the war starts sit down & SHUT UP." - no. I think not.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:09 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darrenG
The government keeps giving contracts to halliburton and they repeatedly misappropriate funding. Millions of dollars just disappear, supplies never make it to the troops, and they keep getting contracts. The money that should have paid for the personnel armor could have come from some of the money halliburton lost. Remember when families had to buy armor for their soldiers, cus the government 'couldn't afford' to?

"Once the war starts sit down & SHUT UP." - no. I think not.

Not supporting the REASON we went to war is quite different than not supporting the troops themselves. That's what is commonly mistaken by conservatives. A lot of people I talk to will jump down my throat for even indicating my displeasure with the way things are going overseas. It's not our soliders fault their commander in cheif and his helpers were mislead or choose to pump up the intelligence in order to push thier own ideas?

FACT:
V.P Chenney wanted to get into Iraq well before they had even won the election, why aren't we looking into this deeper??
Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM

Believe half of what you see & none of what you hear.
I agree with what was said about questioning what were told to believe.
If we dont constantly ask question, or if we believe the first thing were told all the time it will cause problems. Germany was a democratic country before Hitler. To much was put in to national pride & blaming others.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:28 PM

i think fox should get together another celebrity boxing show.......my pic would be get michael moore and rush limbaugh to square off!! ...................bama