Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Michael Moore owned Halliburton, Defense stocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Moore owned Halliburton, Defense stocks

Here is a link
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...3/150518.shtml

Not sure how much of this story is true, but this guy is something else.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't doubt it. He's a bleeding heart, lying liberal pee pee pants.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
Can you say HYPOCRITE everyone??????? That guy is as big a TOOL as they come. Says and does stuff just for publicity probably or because he's got a small winkie!!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Pretty typical of liberals; "Do as I say, not as I do." , "We are smarter than the masses, and therefore we will decide what is best for you."

Oh yea, Ted Kennedy is against abolishing the "death tax" (inheritence tax) but yet he has established dozens of trusts to avoid paying taxes when he dies. "Do as I say, not as I do".
Old 11-05-2005, 11:48 PM

No offence, but i will wait till a news service OTHER than a GOP run one reports this story to make a judgement. Say what you want guys, but THIS regestered Republican is EMBARASSED to say the least
Old 11-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgedude361
No offence...
None taken.

Personally, I don't give a Rattus norvegicus' behind about Michael Moore, what he does, what he owns, who he is friends with, who he talks to, who he hangs out with or anything he says. But that's just me.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:44 AM

Love him or hate him, he gets people thinking. America needs to do more of that, and I respect him for it, whether or not I hate his tactics or message. It's a patriotic duty to question the motives and actions of your government, I'm glad he motives some to do it.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can question the motives and actions of your government without going to the extremes that he does.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by darrenG
It's a patriotic duty to question the motives and actions of your government, I'm glad he motives some to do it.
Wrong answer. Not during a time of war, not when we have people in harm's way. If you want to debate it PRIOR to the war, knock yourself out. Once the war starts sit down & SHUT UP. You "embolden" the enemy to fight harder knowing there is decension in America. The Viet Nam protesters acutally lost the war for us and killed many thousands of Americans soldiers in protesting the war.

"Those who do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it."
Old 11-06-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by oscaroc
Here is a link
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...3/150518.shtml

Not sure how much of this story is true, but this guy is something else.
SEE we have been trying to tell the "put our country into a historic debt load" conservatives that Moore was smarter than they wanted to give him credit for.
He will use the conservatives money to spread the "Gospel" for us
Old 11-06-2005, 11:50 AM

Well investing in Halliburton probably is not the best investment anyway as their stock has not done much unless he bought it when it took the big dip. I heard the Halliburton is trying to dump that division operating in the mid east because it is a cost plus 3% contract and all the extra security was not part of the deal.

In all fairness to Michael Moore (I can't believe I just said that) most people invest to make money not to make a political statement. I bet some of my mutual funds have investments in companies I don't like.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vulcan
I bet some of my mutual funds have investments in companies I don't like.
That is a good point I was thinking the same thing earlier this morning.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:46 AM

Cool

Vulcan make a good point, no matter how much u hate it u still have to make a living. And you're a stupid man if u dont take easy money come your way.(not immoral like criminal ofcourse)
Old 11-08-2005, 04:40 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hoss
None taken.

Personally, I don't give a Rattus norvegicus' behind about Michael Moore, what he does, what he owns, who he is friends with, who he talks to, who he hangs out with or anything he says. But that's just me.
Darn it Hoss.....this agreeing with you is getting embarrassing......
Old 11-08-2005, 06:56 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darrenG
Love him or hate him, he gets people thinking. America needs to do more of that, and I respect him for it, whether or not I hate his tactics or message. It's a patriotic duty to question the motives and actions of your government, I'm glad he motives some to do it.
Indeed!
Kind of like the founding fathers. Thats part (a big one) of the problem in this country, no more free thinkers. At least none that are upfront enough not to be silenced by the big money on the right.
Oh, well. Bush's time is limited, more and more of the truth of his backwards administration will come out over time.

Who even cares about Michael Mooore anyway? His investments mean about nothing to me.
He should show some self control and lose some of that wieght though, he is a good example of America and it's excesses.

Quick Reply: Michael Moore owned Halliburton, Defense stocks