Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hi-Point firearms???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not in the middle of the night when your in the house by yourself, never know when and where something will happen when your away from your primary sidearm. like being in the kitchen getting a drink in the middle of the night and someone tries coming through the door, easier to get a gun from in there instead of having to go back to your bed room to get your primary and you might possibly have to confront the intruder unarmed, id rather be over protected than dead......
Old 08-17-2007, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Logan, I have several wheel guns in different parts of the house,
For The Wife !!!, , ( Hunting season thing, she feels better being armed )
When in an area of the house I will ask her where the Gun is, and what will you do?
Trying to condition a 'No hesitation ,, response... I think she could get it done if she had to... I know when I come home from a trip I
make sure she ain't mad and knows it's me...I think the only way she would be surprised , is if the bad guy was driving an 02 cummins....

No, I am not paranoid, But I believe in being prepared for self defience.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK i'll add my two cents for whats its worth. I have a hi point 9mm carbine and the .40 handgun, its the only handgun i have. The carbine has fed around 2 or 3 thousand rounds and has yet to jam, (wolf ammo) the .40 only a few boxes but its also never jammed,
(wolf ammo) as well. And not to be a brat, but if you cant hit with either of them id suspect its the shooter, factory sights arent worth crap but the weapon is as accurate as any. Not to mention the custermer support and warranty, if yours is giving you a prob call them, they will go the extra mile,,nice ppl to deal with. Oh and a lifetime warranty. The hi point carbine is the only weapon i keep loaded,

I know we all love the perfect fit and finish of a Korth revolver or a Charles Daily O/U but in all honesty perfection isnt really that important, its a cheap working weapon, and it will get the job done, the intruder wont give a rats eye ball thinking,
"dang was that a Beretta or a Hi Point"
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead

This is NOT a picture I found on the internet.
(Colt Lightweight Commander)
Yep, I was yankin ya, knew you were a 1911 man.

All in good fun, you don't happen to run Federal HydraShocks in her do you?

Love them things, and if you ever get to pull one out of say, a pig, you see why I only keep a .45 handy........
Old 08-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
All in good fun, you don't happen to run Federal HydraShocks in her do you?
Good Call.....
Five Wilson 8 rounders worth.