Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy New Year Breakroom 12/30 - 1/5

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Sheesh, this makes you look like a grouchy, grumpy old codger.
That makes you a grumpy old goat. Wow, how hard was that to figure out - - you live in California????
Hey Stan, I agree with you...……….

Gorgeous morning here - - heading to 82, blue skies and the birds are singing, rabbit is on porch begging for breakfast \
and squirrels are playing tag on the screen lanai roof. Little rascals. GGRRR

Grabbing a ph00 and heading back to the garage. Made some good headway yesterday - - can get another 1/2 car
in there now, or maybe the Porsche would fit if I pushed everything to the back of the garage.

Ditto on Stan's little sermon - - have a fantastic year. Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Dark dingy morning heading to -1° and maybe up to 6" of snow. Heat wave then deep freeze. Welcome to Alaska.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:09 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good afternoon. Been too busy today to check in. Another nice day weather wise, a mix of sun and cloud, but good enough for me to be working outside in shorts.

This place STINKS! Smells like lacquer thinners plus something else. Scotty must have been here. Opened up some windows and the dragon immediately rushed over and stuck it's snout outside and breathed deeply.

Hey Scotty, did you start your new job yet?

Have finished the installation of a second water meter. That was NOT a fun job. The city meter is outside on a concrete and brick wall. All the water pipes are embedded inside this wall. Had to chisel channels on the inside in the concrete to find the copper pipe going to the house and splice into that. It is a royal pain to cut copper pipes embedded in concrete! It is another pain to solder copper elbows on to the embedded pipes. In spite of the problems, got the job finished and no leaks.

Lost a filling and now going to the dentist tomorrow. He is very definitely not my fav guy! Told him that he should switch jobs and work for ISIS and become a professional torturer. I suspect that they use the same tools.

Got more stuff to do, so off to do them. Ciao.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Stan the Man - - - you lucky thing - -- going to the dentist. It is soooo much fun...……...….. Like I said,
neat guy on the golf course, lousy in the office. …………….

I am with ya Stan - - finally settled down from all the running about 3 this afternoon - started a 6am. Got lots done,
but tired. Hitting the sack early tonight - - - no later than 11pm. Gorgeous day here today with 84 high temp and
a most gorgeous sunset with multiple shades of coloring. Wow, we get great sunsets over that gulf. You are
looking west and the gulf is normally quite calm. Miss our home on the Bayfront - sunsets were gorgeous to see
while downing supper. Spoiled little brat I am. LOL

Getting off and catch up with Emails and other computer work. Should be beddy-bye time by then. Sleep well.
Bob
Old 01-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
First day at new job. Ordering factory lift kits for wranglers and new (5th gen?) ram 1500’s.

Fun!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:20 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from down here where another buuutiful day is dawning. Cawfee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. No artificial sweeteners, just pure, natural honey.

Yesterday morning was amazing. There was a thin, high covering of cloud on the eastern horizon which made for a spectacular sunrise. Good looking sunrises are quite common here, but yesterday Mother Nature outdid herself. Even the sheer curtains in my house and the white walls inside the rooms were painted an orange color for a short while.

Got my lost filling replaced. No drilling and no needles. In an out in less than 40 minutes. A good visit for a change. Just cleaned the hole out and refilled. Down here a job like that only costs $25 which is why dental insurance is not required.

Off to get my day rolling. Hope y'all have a great day and have fun too.

Ciao.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:23 AM

-6°, need I say more? Meteor shower last night, auroras tonight. Free light show if you can stand the cold.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Brrr. Alaska cold in this breakroom. Must be Cougar and his snowflakes.

What's that smell? Smells like another break room dying, and leaving us again. Tomorrow must be a fresh one on the way. Oh, dead fish,in the corner. Lary playing beat the fish under the,counter again. I guess the fish won?

Finally finished my staining of my house. This idiotic weather ballet dance has pushed the project into 2019. Its finished till spring when I can second coat the,entire house. Oooh, can't wait!

Not!

Well, back to rain and 50* f. Ever tell you I hate rain every 3 days?

Happy Saturday.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:28 AM

-15° this AM. No fun. Hasn't been this cold around here in like 10 years. I has been colder though. Went up to the house yesterday and ran into some fog so thick the hood of my truck disappeared. Slowed to a crawl and rode the rumble strip until I was out of it. I haven't seen anything like that sense the CA coast back in the 70's.