Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 05:11 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2

Another year older and deeper in debt. Poor me - - - or is that "US?" ...........

Rise and shine, gang - - you never had it so good, well, unless you live around the southwest. Horrible weather. Stay safe.

OK, breakfast is served - - Denver Omelets, grits like you have never tasted before, Cimmammum toast, coffee, ph00, OJ -- - cooked to order. Come get it.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:57 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning all. Another beuuuutiful day dawning in Paradise. Supposed to hit an almost cloudless high of 75F / 24C today, much like yesterday. Could be a bit breezy though. Tomorrow will be 10 seconds longer than today, so better days are coming. Sorry to hear about the weird weather some of you are experiencing. After watching the news last night called a close friend of mine last night to check on him. He lives a little NE of Dallas. He told me that he watched the tornado and it passed less than half a mile from his house. He is OK, but one of the members of his church had his business flattened.

Thanks Bob for the breakfast. Will have some of everything, but hold the grits.

My job for today is to assemble a plastic toy with only half a zillion tiny plastic parts. The box says for age 10 and up and it was mistakenly given to a 4 year old kid. The father of the kid (a lawyer) is useless with his hands, so I was recruited to do the job. Hope my engineering skills are up to the task.

Hope all of you have a great final week of 2015.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another wet and warm morning. Torrential Downpour about 30 minutes ago. Guess when the dog decided she REALLY REALLY NOW wanted to outside for the morning business?
Old 12-27-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
We are still behind on the snow pack, but a lot better than last year. Another storm is coming in, but all we are going to get out of it is rain. Still above normal temperatures.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Get up and smell the roses.......er diesel fumes.
Coffee and ph00 are on. scrambled eggs and venison steak is on the stove.

It's cold here, and some more snow coming. Somewhere between 1 and 10 inches, depending on which page of the weather prognosticators documents you read. They can't tell me weather I might be able to conquer my driveway tomorrow, but they can tell me that it'll be a degree warmer in 100 years and that that will likely make Minnesota a sea, or a desert, or a tropical par..........I give up.

So the timer kicked on the engine heater a couple of hours ago. I got up a half hour ago and put a small space heater in the cab to compensate for the normal (inoperative) first gen heater switches. Gotta light it off and get some scrap wood fuel for the neighbor and myself.

bye.......
Old 12-28-2015, 08:28 AM

HMMM - - - been a while for venison steak. Don't have our everglades property anymore so deer hunting has been somewhat non-extent for about 10 years. Very good - - thanks . . . and ph00....................................YEH.

Gorgeous out today - -flowers everywhere. Grass growing like a weed. Plant trimming due this week. Guess I will get a swim in the pool worked into my schedule for the day. Tough life..................

Later gator!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2015, 03:06 PM

More rain.......
Old 12-28-2015, 03:30 PM

More sun.............

Old 12-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm stuck but hopefully can head home tomorrow. Have to go thru Wisconsin and Minnesota. Only two, I mean three forecasts. One says an inch of snow per hour.

See you next year.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sunny California.....beautiful snow on the Sierras
Old 12-29-2015, 07:58 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from down here where we have some nice weather. Mother nature painted one more beautiful sunrise this morning for me to enjoy. Here is the picture taken from my 'office' window.

2016 is almost here - YIKES!!!

Ph00 and coffee is now ready.
Attached Thumbnails Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2-20150201_071546.jpg  
Old 12-29-2015, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from down here where we have some nice weather. Mother nature painted one more beautiful sunrise this morning for me to enjoy. Here is the picture taken from my 'office' window.
Ph00 and coffee is now ready.
Pretty pic, big boy. Looks like you face the east like my office window. My sunrise looked much like yours only more red. Tough having to stare at stuff like that so early - - - but, if you are up early, why not.

Thanks for the ph00.......................

Back at it. Have a gudurn.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:32 PM

Took the day off and played "Grandpa Taxi". After driving I-65 South to Bowling Green and back, I am totally convinced that they will never finish the construction nor will anyone in KY understand what "Trucks Left Lane" means.....

On the good side, had Lots of time to visit with the Bride!
Old 12-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Just saw on the news a picture of a truck that broke through the ice somewhere up in Saskatchewan. Scary! Bet that guy never checked the ice thickness before driving on the ice. Explain that to your insurance company. Unless the truck is resting on the bottom, by the time the ice thaws, the truck could be history.

Have been on frozen lakes (walking) many times, but always too chicken to take any of my vehicles out there.
Attached Thumbnails Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2-frozen-truckjfg.png  
Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The Son out trying the Barrett M82-A1 today...a regular chip off the old block
Attached Thumbnails Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2-barrett.jpg  

Quick Reply: Happy New Year Breakroom - 12/27 - 1/2