Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Year, New Opportunities Breakroom Jan 6-12

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
New Year, New Opportunities Breakroom Jan 6-12

Well, we are into a New Year - - wow, where did the other one go? Look ahead, plan your year-- - another year will be in waste basket
before you realize it. Hope it is a fantastic year for all of you.

Hey Scotty - - time for an update on your week and challenges. We want to hear what is happening.

Time for me to get out of here and head to church. I did put the coffee and ph00 on - - enjoy.

Bob
Old 01-06-2019, 10:28 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
-17° and getting colder. Last year was a bad one for me. Illness, injury, surgery, then layoff. Hope this one starts getting better real soon. It started with my 1st gen having problems.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Kid in a Candy Store job 😀🥳

I am developing this position as I go along. Had a great first week. Great folks.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
G'day from Paradise. Another fantastic day down here. Mostly blue skies, no wind, low humidity and a nice temperature of 75F The air feels so nice to be outside - in shorts of course. After church went out with my wife for a delicious, very filling Mexican lunch. The pastor today spoke about priorities and made me think. What are YOUR priorities for 2019? Are you sure that they are in the right order?

Cougar, those temps are horrible. Hope that your new job and 2019 treat you about a 1000% better.

Scotty, nice to have a job that you can enjoy. May you always have the same childlike enjoyment in this job. I have been very fortunate during my working life in that for the majority of the time I did not have a job - I had a hobby. How long is your daily commute?

Helping my wife in taking down the Christmas decorations. Adios Christmas, see you again in about 11 months.

Ciao.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
5-8 minutes 😀
Old 01-07-2019, 04:51 AM

Morning all. Hey, keep that cold weather up north. Horrible down here. Actually had to put small heater on in the bedroom
last night. It was clear down to 67 - - in the bedroom of all places - - give me a break. It was down in the high 50's in the
lanai. Where is all that global warming? -15 Coug? No thanks. Did not mind it that much when young and in college in
Minnesota - - just dress for it and go across the street and ice skate. No more, no thanks. Like Stan -- out in lanai in
my shorts laid out on the lounge getting a tan but worrying about the day slipping by and not getting my ToDoList
shorter. DUH...…….

Scotty - - good report. Sounds like all going well with new position. Very happy for you. Stay home with the family and
quit racking up all those miles on the beast.

OK, fresh coffee and ph00 on, pan of scrambled eggs, pot of grits, pan of sausage patties and bacon, rabbit bread
beside the the toaster. Have at it and have a great day...……………...
Old 01-07-2019, 06:07 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Thanks for the vittles Bobby!

Nice clear morning in VT and -10F.
We are supposed to get 8 inches of snow today into tomorrow, which should make tomorrows ski / snowboard race fun.

Plowed snow yesterday to get the place cleared up, if we do get that much fresh snow.

Nice sounding new gig you got there Scotty!

Off to get my daughter to school. Have a good day DTR'ers.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:41 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
5-8 minutes 😀
ha ha ! Can't even get the radio warmed up, eh ?

Originally Posted by cougar
-17° and getting colder. Last year was a bad one for me. Illness, injury, surgery, then layoff. Hope this one starts getting better real soon. It started with my 1st gen having problems.
We're all rooting for a better 2019 for ya! Send that **** cold weather this way, ..... PLEASE ! I'm needing snow. I'm so sick of rain and 50's.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Morning all. Hey, keep that cold weather up north. Horrible down here. .....
OK, fresh coffee and ph00 on, pan of scrambled eggs, pot of grits, pan of sausage patties and bacon, rabbit bread
beside the the toaster. Have at it and have a great day...……………...
Originally Posted by oliver foster
Thanks for the vittles Bobby!

Nice clear morning in VT and -10F.
We are supposed to get 8 inches of snow today......
Off to get my daughter to school. Have a good day DTR'ers.
Happy 2019 all ! Looking forwards to the snow, as it feels like Seattle here. Rain every 3 days. Enough is enough.

Speaking of enough. I failed to reach my goal of finishing up the house by the end of the year. Took until this year to get it done. Gonna recoat in the spring.

Off today to finish up my starter rebuild / disassembly, and final rebuild. Putting it back in, by end of day, hopefully.

Rabbit bread ? Sounds yucky !

I bet Bob put those little black pellets in bread dough and baked it. Just cause Rabbits eat their own junk, doesn't mean we have to, Bob !

Old 01-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
It is officially cold, -21°. Hope this trend breaks soon. We are not far off the record. What happened to global warming?
Old 01-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Rabbit bread ? Sounds yucky ! I bet Bob put those little black pellets in bread dough and baked it. Just cause Rabbits eat
their own junk, doesn't mean we have to, Bob !
Hey, ME MAN. Me love rabbit bread. ha ha You should see the look on a waitress face when she finally figures out what
I am talking about when I order rabbit toast with my omelet. So funny. I order "wa-wa-with-a-wemon-wedge" for my drink
and sometimes wimp coffee. No one ever figures out ph00, so I don't mention that and use wimp instead.

Got a LOT done today. Wow - - back is soooo sore, but support helps.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hey, ME MAN. Me love rabbit bread. ha ha You should see the look on a waitress face when she finally figures out what
I am talking about when I order rabbit toast with my omelet. So funny. I order "wa-wa-with-a-wemon-wedge" for my drink
and sometimes wimp coffee. No one ever figures out ph00, so I don't mention that and use wimp instead.

Got a LOT done today. Wow - - back is soooo sore, but support helps.
Ok, Elmer...

Why do I keep getting photos of some chick who's cheating on her BF or HUBBY ? What do I care ? Why are they targeting me ? I'm not sleeping with her, or anyone else for that matter. Geesh, who comes up with these "targeted" ads ? I go on this site, and another mechanical forum. Not even like they are tracking me going to cheating sites, cause I don't even know what one would be ?

Oh well... Soap box broke, and I'm back on the floor.

Boring, uneventful day, other than the little bit of sleet that was hitting the windshield while driving today. That fizzled out in about 3 minutes, and it's just cold and dank....

Night fellas.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:11 PM

Got a small task done today that I've been waiting on for a while.

Toyota pickup shifter bushing. OEM one fails over time, and drops the shifter, making it hard to shift between 2--3-4. Changed it last about 10 years back, and used the OEM replacement, which obviously hasn't been upgraded. Bought an upgraded aftermarket version, which is all poly, so hoping this is the last time I change this until I'm dead, or the truck is dead. Either one works !

Fun hour and a half or so. Cleaned stuff up and it shifts all smooth again.

Fun Fun fun.

No phoo, no rabbit bread, no box of cheerios. I have one can of "TAB" from the 1970s on the counter, and the first one who drinks it and doesn't die from it wins it...

Enjoy the night folks.

pulled boot and cover off

Shifter mount base removed,

Old bushing removed and new installed

Cleaned trans

trans cleaned ready for reassembly

old two piece bushing on left, new one piece on right

all cleaned and ready for another 200,000 miles.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:35 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Still slightly chilly mornings, but once the sun come up the day quickly turns wonderful. Need to be a bit careful in the sun because the UV index is quite high and burns, even although the temperatures are not that high, like about mid 70's.

I have some property out in the country and yesterday was trying to arrange to get water brought to the property. It is very different to how things are done in the area. We had to go to the nearest small town to the water commissioners office apply for the water line to be brought to the entrance. There are no street names or house numbers out there, so have been asked to hand draw a map of the property showing the locations of our north, south, east and west neighbors and show on the map where we want the water meter. After that go back to the office with the map and the strange application form. It will get done, but everything out there is a different world. It takes a bit to get used to this world, but I like it.

Yesterday was also clearing the property line by removing the old barbed wire fence and change it to a chain link fence. Lots of bushes right on the fence line and a few bushes have grown quite large. One big bush I yanked out by the roots yesterday has a few thousand large, very sharp thorns. Some of these thorns are about 2” long. All the thorns, even the tiny ones are vicious and I discovered once again how easily they penetrate leather work gloves. It hurts!!!!! Every puncture wound from these thorns also burns like crazy!!!! After many years of painful experiments have come to the conclusion that some species of thorn trees and bushes have thorns that are heat sensitive and as soon as a human body gets close, as a protective mechanism, the thorns react at the speed of light, reach out and jab the human. I challenge anybody to prove me wrong.

MJTman, it's nice when old jobs get completed successfully and you can go on to the next one.

Received an email from a contract company a couple of days ago wanting me to go back to work for 6 months. Excellent pay and a nice location (Vancouver Island), but decided to stay retired and turned it down.

Coffee and ph00 is ready. Somebody else can bring some vittles or munchies.

Off to another busy day. Ciao.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:30 AM

Thanks Stan.

Drove it this morning, as I let the FIPG cure overnight. Shifts like new.

Hopefully life goes on today, after the nation was subject to Frankenstein and his bride las night after the president's address. My god! They both have the same botox doctor, and imo are creepier than ever. Oh we'll. Maybe a sniper will get lucky with all that forehead to aim for.

Picking up oatmeal raisin cookies from LIDL and you guts can munch on.

Hope to see pics of Stan and his barbed wire escapade. Hopefully Cougar isn't a giant popsicle by now.

Ollie won the downhill snowboard competition and deserves some accolades, as it's rare an old geezer beats a bunch of whipper snappers at their own game. Dude,is obviously talented way more than I ever imagined.

See ya!
Old 01-09-2019, 08:01 AM

Morning all. Quick check in to say hi, grab my ph00 and hit the trail. Lots going on for way too long down my calendar.
Think I will retire too, Stan. Oh wait, supposedly I did that quite a few years ago. What happened? Oh yeh - - forgot
how to say NO. Big dummy. Oh well, maybe I can help some people.
…….……...

Quick Reply: New Year, New Opportunities Breakroom Jan 6-12