Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Halloween break room

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 07:54 AM

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Halloween break room

All but a stray few leaves are on the ground now and we have seen snow in the MTs a few times in VT.
Most of the 9 cords of firewood is stacked up and ready to go.
I have to play Musical Mopars in the shop to get my winter projects where they need to be to work on them and the running "finished" project stored away in the back of the shop out of the way.

Things are starting to be ready for the long winter here.

I see there was NO break room last week, which is a new level of low attendance....Wow!

I left a few apple fritters on the counter as they keep well in case no one else stops in.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:36 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
Rain (a lot of it), freezing drizzle, and some snow showers has been going on for a while now. Rudely awoken by an earthquake last night. Too many projects, not enough time or a place to do it. 1st gen is still down with a charging problem, 2nd gen still has a broken side view mirror, Subaru still has an inop heater. Due to a lack of qualified manpower at work, they have been shifting my schedule to try and fill the gaps. They have even asked me to work on the floor when needed. That's what happens when new management runs off good employees and doesn't pay their vendors. The new hires, I wounder how they go their licenses.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:58 AM

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Hello anyone here...?

I am grabbing a stale fritter and headed out to work on Dodge trucks in the cool fall air with the dogs.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi guys - -- what happened around here. Don't smell anything nasty. Looks normal. Dragon was quite thirsty and hungry - - took care of that.
Also very clingy - - couldn't get away from it.

Sorry not around for a while. Been doctor season. Eye surgery. Back check up and pics. Went in for stitches removal on the eye - - he was
pleased with the looks. Glad he was - - sure a horrible three weeks of pain, aching, horrible looking at me. Didn't want to stick my head out
the door. Safe for two more weeks, then three more doc appointments in two days. Come on guys, give me a break. Make me better and
kick me out. LOL

Out of here for today. Have a gudurn.

UglyBobby
Old 10-30-2019, 05:16 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well, no coffee .. wonder why I came here.. no phoo (not that I would have taken that..).. Apple fritter looked like horrible-- but the dragon took it.

Put some sausages on the counter, and some beer in the fridge.

Hey Bob- remember the old adage of the medical profession- A patient cured is a customer lost. Good luck to you and a speedy recovery.

Took the dragon for a walk. Maybe I'll take him for the next meeting with our equivalent of the IRS-as a dependant- will need to get the recipe of that stew that led to the spectacular pyrotechnics and the refurbishing of the break room.

Anyways- there are some Styrian sweets specialties on the counter, some coffee brewing and a dragon in need of a walk..
Old 10-31-2019, 10:38 AM

Some one was here, the beer is gone. Cleaned the burnt coffee pot and walked the dragon. I paid the kids next door to keep an eye on him and walk him once in a while. Kids like that kind of thing. Been hovering +- the freezing mark. May get some rain, may get some snow. Trying to get use to my new working schedule, I keep waking up at the wrong time and falling asleep at the wrong time.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Happy Halloween. Rain, crappy day.

Could be a washout for the kids. There's always next year.

Nice maintenance job, there Cougar. Place needed tidying up.

Smells like the dragon has to go out and potty. Dragon farts are overwhelming .

Off to work in the money pit.

See ya next month
Old 11-01-2019, 09:51 AM

Welcome to November! Tidied up a bit and let the dragon out. No cents making any coffee or leaving anything out, no body here. Cold and rainy here in the north west, further north they got blizzards. Fun times.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Welcome to November! Tidied up a bit and let the dragon out. No cents making any coffee or leaving anything out,
no body here. Cold and rainy here in the north west, further north they got blizzards. Fun times.
UUUHHHH - - - HHHHMMMM ----- NO THANKS. Love it in the summer, you can have it in the winter. On second thought, better be careful what
I say. We have a cold front moving in tonight. Mid 80's today but going way down into the 70's tomorrow. Better go find a warm sport coat to wear
to church tomorrow. bbbbbrrrrr

No coffee or ph00 made, so had a glass of water, took care of Draggy with water and food - - me gone to the beach and see if I can find some
shark teeth and have lunch on the pier - - - great Haddock sandwiches.

Bob
Old 11-02-2019, 09:56 AM

A little rain last night and temp right at the freezing point. Did some demo in the bathroom yesterday in prep for the plumber to put in a bathtub. Hoping to hear from them today. Bought a cabinet from Lowe's to replace the shelves I knocked down. Also bought one for the bedroom to help get some of this clutter off the floor. A place top put my computer and electronics projects.
Stopped by the auto shop on the way to tell them how disappointed I was with them. 4 problems on 3 vehicles in the last 6 months. Never let a woman run a business. Once they fix everything I'm taking my business elsewhere.