Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

FALL Breakroom - 10/18 - 10/24

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 05:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
FALL Breakroom - 10/18 - 10/24

Fall is on us, cool mornings, leaves changing and falling, light snow in elevations - - wow, how can this be? It was only about 6 weeks ago or so when a bunch of us were snowed in - - or maybe 8 weeks ago - -or????? Time is flying.

Fresh coffee and ph00 phor UU on the counter. Dragon has been fed and is back asleep. Come get it. Have a new dish on the counter you will love - -- BAKED French toast. The blonde baked it for us last night. Cut out a slab and warm it in the micro - no need for syrup - - that will cover up the flavor. Gee, it is sooooo good. Getting mine, plus my ph00...............................and I am gone.

Bob
Old 10-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings,
A mix of sun and cloud today. No snow here but further east is getting 20 cm.
Thanks for the new treat BobbyDependable.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:00 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning. Coffee and French toast. Never had it baked before. Very nice, thank you.

A bit cool here this morning, but will soon go up to about 70F / 22C. Windy.

Go to church. Enjoy the day.
Bye
Old 10-18-2015, 08:56 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About 25° here woke up to snow on the ground ...whoopie
Old 10-18-2015, 09:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had a heavy frost early this morning but now bright and sunny. Baked french toast! Never had it that way, Hmmm.

Got some friends coming over today for a little one on one handgun training. Best part, they are bringing enough ammo for me to use theirs!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all. Thanks for breakfast FiverBobo, the French Toast was awesome. Sorry to the rest of you, I ate every last morsel. Burp.......

Seriously though Bob, if your wife is willing share her recipe, I will pm you my email address.

Sorry to all of you who have snow. Thanks to the bizarre weather this year, we have had a very warm and very dry autumn here on the edge of the Canadian prairies. We hit a high of 21C yesterday and only dropped down to 10C last night. The normal daytime high for this time of year is 12C and a nightime low of -5C. This has lead to an awesome harvest season for all of my farmer friends. They didn't have a great year due to the really dry spring and summer but at least they got a good harvest for what was in the fields.

I haven't been around too much lately but I haven't forgotten about everyone.

There was a bad farm tragedy a couple of hundred miles from here this week. The details as to the cause hasn't been made public but the result was 3 young girls died from asphyxiation when the got buried in canola seed in the back of a grain truck. So sad. Play safe all y'all.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Happy Sunday all y'all. Thanks for breakfast FiverBobo, the French Toast was awesome. Sorry to the rest of you, I ate every last morsel. Burp.......

Seriously though Bob, if your wife is willing share her recipe, I will pm you my email address.

Sorry to all of you who have snow. Thanks to the bizarre weather this year, we have had a very warm and very dry autumn here on the edge of the Canadian prairies. We hit a high of 21C yesterday and only dropped down to 10C last night. The normal daytime high for this time of year is 12C and a nightime low of -5C. This has lead to an awesome harvest season for all of my farmer friends. They didn't have a great year due to the really dry spring and summer but at least they got a good harvest for what was in the fields.

I haven't been around too much lately but I haven't forgotten about everyone.

There was a bad farm tragedy a couple of hundred miles from here this week. The details as to the cause hasn't been made public but the result was 3 young girls died from asphyxiation when the got buried in canola seed in the back of a grain truck. So sad. Play safe all y'all.
I saw that on the news Sean.
Three sisters, two twins I think. Very young too.
Sad is an understatement.
I watched the RCMP officer on the news break down as did the Premier of your province.

Yo BobbyDependable, please send me that recipe. Thanks
Old 10-18-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Upper 30°s and rain,,,,,, still. Above normal temps,,,,, still. No more snow, it all went south east. 8AM and just starting to get light.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:24 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well we snow seeing as how we are only 18 milse from mt Washington it kinda happens
Old 10-18-2015, 01:18 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gonna play hi n bye scottycanuck style.

awesome weekend. lil frustration with farmer who plays with tractor before I work on it.
things worked before (hydraulics) but now don't. hands OFF! sit stay good farmer.
naturally, can't get to the problem without taking off 5 tons of old steel. grrr

gonna catch up on sleep zzzzzzz
Old 10-18-2015, 03:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Every year we loose people to silo and gravity wagons. Once you go under, you're normally done for. The few times I had to crawl on top of grain in the silo, I used a tether and an old pair of bear paw snowshoes. Still scared the crap out of me.

The handgun class went really well. Just a couple of new shooters, but now they can safely handle and fire. Kinda surprised look on their faces when I told them next time, they teach me. If they hit the key points, they get to shoot. If not, we start all over.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
awesome weekend. lil frustration with farmer who plays with tractor before I work on it.
Heidi - - you sound like me. I go to church and one of the pastors needs new brakes on his car. So, who do they come and see about putting on new brakes - - - MUUAAA. Give me a brake (pun intended). Another member comes along into the conversation and he needs a new timing belt on his car. Come on people - - I don't run a garage - - just cuz I fixed the brakes on the bus plus some hydraulic problems does not mean I am the church mechanic. Had to say no - - too much else going on plus no place to work on stuff here - - deed restrictions prohibit much going on here. Can get by with my own vehicles, but not a bunch others.

Lazy day today - - needed it after the tough week. Looks like an easier week coming up - - welcomed. Might smile. Going out to the beach for supper tomorrow night with another couple. Watch the sunset and relax. Fun.

Hey, I would love to oblige with this recipe thing, but that was given to us by a professional chef we have come to know. She would slice my throat if I shared it. She has given us several recipes when I bragged on her specialties. She is neat. So, for safety sake and good health, I must say I cannot do it. Sorry.

MORE Ph00...........................................hmmm, all the baked French toast is gone - - must have been good. Later.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:53 AM

Rise and shine, glory. New day is dawning. Just stepped out to grab the paper - - cool and breezy. A front is messing around out in the gulf - - should know today if it decides to try and become famous.

Fresh coffee and ph00 are on the counter - - come get it.....................................later!
Old 10-19-2015, 10:26 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Well, my dad finally got laid to rest Friday afternoon in Montana. Still no head stone. Step mothers daughter won't send me my dads discharge papers or a copy to the funeral home.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:23 PM

Cougar - - sorry to hear of your loss and inability to be there for the funeral. Not fun to loose a loved one. Hang tough - - but don't get bitter. Not the time for it. You want to remember the great times.

Long, lazy day today. Cool, NO AC today. First day since summer started that the AC has stayed off all day. Wow, can't believe it. Windy, but that is driving the cool thru the house without fans.

Ph00 pot is still full - - where is everyone? Grabbing a refill and hit the road. .................................

Quick Reply: FALL Breakroom - 10/18 - 10/24