Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

FALL Breakroom - 10/18 - 10/24

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey....knock...knock...knock anybody in here?

Weird the trusty break room clock on the wall shows it to be after 10am Eastern but still no coffee or phoo? OK I cleaned up the mess and made breakfast...fresh coffee and Almond Mocha for BusyBob.

Have a safe day folks!
Attached Thumbnails FALL Breakroom - 10/18 - 10/24-dtr-clock.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 11:39 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperSeanstrikessuperior! phew! I can relax , you won't be threatened by DW now.... hehehe good people persevere. and your premier is cute.

Larry, congrats and enjoy! lot of changes this year, hope they are all to the good. gonna run for president?

twitch, uh, boiler and right side seat? train job now, no more tow trucks?
be safe, smart, and slightly insane....

have to pick different health insurance, makes my head hurt. automatic prescription enrolling cancelled my total health insurance from July. it doesn't matter if you didn't request it, just cancelled. wonderful policy (sarcasm)

feeling better today, veggies- heal all. hot soup is good for the soul.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Larry retiring dang you'd think he already had enough to do. Before I was disabled I would think if I didn't have to work what all I could do with that much free time, then it happened and I am busier than I was with a full time job. Well back after it
Old 10-22-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Buddy of mine came by with his new Stihl saw to finish cutting the hickory I gave him. We got it finished in quick order, but I'm sure we looked funny swatting at the hornets that were trying to help!

Rain in the forecast for Saturday, so now I'm on a mad push to clean out and rearrange the shop for an indoor party. Two kinds of Chili planned, (1 Venision), enchiladas, hamburgers, and maybe a deer tenderloin if I decide I want to share! Stop on by, folks are cancelling and I already bought the fixins!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:11 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya ma no more towtruck I got sick of diving for a guard rails....yep new job ..actually just down the road from where the sasquatch shoveled his way up and down the mountain... Had to move was going insane literally i was headed downhill fast...a few people know where I am but that's about it ...I needed a new start ....well halfway done with my boiler duty expending my knowledge a lot ...later. I look like a chimney sweep
Old 10-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Actually I didn't retire I am just taking the show on the road...I am calling it "LEGGS across the USA" .....in your town soon!
Old 10-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
Lary,
Sorry to hear that I can't chat with you while I order parts from the DTR store anymore.
Enjoy a happy retirement, old boy.
Oliver
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Actually I didn't retire I am just taking the show on the road...I am calling it "LEGGS across the USA" .....in your town soon!
OK, more -- - more - - - more. Not just a little post like that - - what is happening with you, Lary. Spill, boy.........................

Hey, what do I smell....................................hot dog that is good. You did good with that one, Lary. More - - more.

Short day working on blind neighbors electronic mess ended up all day - - from 9 am to 7 pm. Just finished supper. Back at it in the morning to wrap it up. Included major revision to shelving, running in new wiring and improving protection to equipment. They are all excited.

Gotta relax and hit the heating pad - - too much heavy lifting like a 63" tv with no help, setting it out, making revisions, then installing it right. I think almost as heavy as Scotty's spheres. ...............

Nighty night.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Last minute scrambling today for the Bride's party tomorrow. The daughter said both of their cars are acting up, so I'm making a run to go get at least the Grandson. She actually asked me to make a cake. I told her "I'm the guy burning things on the grill". Yea, THAT was the reply. What kind of cake do you guys want?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
High---buy
Old 10-23-2015, 09:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hi. Just checking in. Bye.

In case anybody is curious, I am behind the mountains and slightly out of the path of that monster storm hitting the Mexican coast. We do have some cloud and expect some rain later.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan

In case anybody is curious, I am behind the mountains and slightly out of the path of that monster storm hitting the Mexican coast. We do have some cloud and expect some rain later.
Good to hear Stan. I was worried about you when I saw the hurricane reports this morning. Our weather guys and gals say it is looking to be the strongest hurricane on record.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:17 PM

Hi gang - - - just coming in from hitting the road early helping the neighbor. Finally done with that project and they love it. No body bothered with coffee or ph00 this morning, so pots are washed and fresh brewing.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Good to hear Stan. I was worried about you when I saw the hurricane reports this morning. Our weather guys and gals say it is looking to be the strongest hurricane on record.
Just noted they are projecting that baby to drop to a CAT 4 as it hits land. Still tough, but the rain projections are huge. Don't know why that is.

Drinks are down and ready - - grabbing my ph00 and gone. ....................
Old 10-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Thanks for letting us know, I have to admit you were the first thing that I thought of when I saw it. I figured you were much farther inland though.

Just keep your eyes on it, though the hurricane force wind band is small, that thing is trouble.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:49 PM

OUCH - - - just caught the latest specs on that storm heading in below you, Staniman. That thing went from a depression to cat 5 in 24 hours. 235mph gust, sustained at 195. Wow. Thank goodness it is cutting across where it is. Rainfall is predicted to be quite heavy and TEXAS, look out, lots of wind and rain heading in.

I will be saying my thank you prayers tonight.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just ordered Gabriel adjustable shocks for 2 of the 3 axles on the daycab. The thing's been beating me to death lately. Last Wednesday I woke up with a severe headache, woke up with one yesterday this week.
Hopefully they get here before it's back from repairs from hitting a deer Thursday night.
Got tomorrow off due to rain.

may go fishing

Quick Reply: FALL Breakroom - 10/18 - 10/24