Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Aug 12-18 2012 WATERCOOLER gossip shop

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Evenin' All!
2 days in a row I get a chance to swing by!

Originally Posted by Bark
Hey Marc! Soon the leaves are going to be turning gold and there will be a chill in the air.
Time when a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of killing Moose.
What are you talking about soon? The leaves have turned and have been falling slowly for about 2 weeks already and I've been dreaming about heading into the woods after bullwinkle for months now....... When I actually get a chance to sleep....

Got the 4-wheeler apart in the driveway right now getting it ready for the hunt. Fixing up all the things that seem to get forgotten until its almost time to load it up and head out. It got a new belt, clean filters and a bit of body work to repair some melted plastics around the exhaust along with some new heat shielding. I have the carb off looking at the adapter for a hole that could be causing it to run lean but so far no luck. The plug looks good so I may just be paranoid about the exhaust temp.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
be careful about swinging ...

glad you are still around, hope the fam is fine. wish a good hunt.

T rad says "put the carb in the freezer" it'll run right.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

T rad says "put the carb in the freezer" it'll run right.
conviently, that's where the adapter is at the moment for lack of a better place.......
Old 08-18-2012, 01:25 AM

Bark: The weather has been good this year, and the prices are high, because weather in the states and in Russia went bad.
Only problem now is that the farmers who has to buy feed for their animals are in a tight spot, as meat prices are low.

Me, I´m just hoping it won´t rain too much the next few month, that´ll keep me busy in my work, making spare parts for farming equipment.

Slev
Old 08-18-2012, 03:33 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Slev: Im glad you guys got some good weather. I was worried for selfish reasons... every year I buy a bunch of those Danish pork ribs.
They are my favorite for price and flavor.
Hope your farmers fare ok.

Originally Posted by twichit
..also im on-call this weekend ...
Had a cousin who was working on call wrecker duty. One night he was drinking some beer and got a call. He decided to go to it anyway. You guessed it... he got a DWI after breaking out the side windows of a squad car backing into it.

Originally Posted by Red3quarter
and some new york strip steaks on the grill for diner tonight.
Dress those strip steaks in some mushrooms and onions and I will be right over (I like mine rare).

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I picked it up on a whim, never had it before, but the more I drink of it, the more I like it.
The picture confused me. Sort of looks like you are drinking beer at a Dunkin Donuts.

Originally Posted by ofcmarc
I have the carb off looking at the adapter for a hole that could be causing it to run lean but so far no luck. The plug looks good so I may just be paranoid about the exhaust temp.
I remember that was bugging you last hunt. Remember the Duct Tape.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 AM

I remember that was bugging you last hunt. Remember the Duct Tape.
Last year was my friend's 700 that nearly melted down out in the woods. I'm actually trying to stop a problem on mine before it becomes an issue. Can't find a real problem with my boot but there is a small amount of dry rot on it. could be leaking a bit. No one here in FBX or the dealer in Healy has one..... Probably gonna slather the outside of min with some ultra black and run it again til I find a decent price on a new one. The Outpost up here wants almost $60 for one. No thanks..... Fleabay has used ones shipped for ~$20ish. On the other hand, I may just be working the poor machine way harder than it really should be worked. 550# in the trailer and 200 +myself on the wheeler itself slugging through the mud/swamp might be a bit over gross... maybe.....
Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
BBWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH. I goof around this morning just knowing the "GOOD" janitor will have some wonderful ph00 waiting for me when I get here. THERE IS NO PH00 AWAITING MY ARRIVAL. NOT EVEN THE OTHER STUFF. WHERE IS THE JANITOR?????

OK, cleaned up, made fresh everything, brought some wonderful Florida orange juice on the counter, left fresh sprinkles on the counter, killed all the shrews running around the place and am gone.

Ya'll have a great Saturday. Another week down the tube - - WOW. .....

Bob
Old 08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

The picture confused me. Sort of looks like you are drinking beer at a Dunkin Donuts.
your dunkin' doesn't serve beer???

Look closer, its not dunkin' donuts, its donut shop.
those are K-Cups for the Keurig in the background.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Last year was my friend's 700 that nearly melted down out in the woods. Probably gonna slather the outside of min with some ultra black and run it again
Forgot it was your friends machine.
I used permatex High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket stuff (I didnt have the Ultra Black) on a snowmachine adapter boot. It didnt stay on the first time so the second time I cleaned it with gasoline than alcohol.
I put a layer on it while it was off the machine. Than I put a bunch more on it on the machine (couldnt see the mounting bolts anymore).
It was still on it when I got rid of the machine.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
left fresh sprinkles on the counter,
As part of my half-hearted attempt at getting in shape I recently ate a whole jar of sprinkles to get them out of the house.
I also ate the jar of imitation bacon bits so it was sort of a balanced snack.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
those are K-Cups for the Keurig in the background.
Thats right! I forgot you had that machine. Thats some good coffee.

Overcast here. Heard an explosion someplace close but no sirens. Probably just another meth lab going up.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice neighborhood you Alaska guys live in (meth lab blowing up ). I started watch the TV show 'Alaska State Troopers' recently. That is some tough duty. The environment up there looks so beautiful that it is hard to believe the people are in such rough shape. I do recognize that you don't get a real view into a place by watching a TV show. It would be kind of like judging Vegas by what you see on COPS or judging Vancouver and Burnaby, BC based on what you see on 'To Serve and Protect'.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
I do recognize that you don't get a real view into a place by watching a TV show.
True. Some of the more remote areas are pretty bad.
I mentioned meth labs because we did have one blow up last year. A guy had bought a couple of acres about 1/2 mile from us and had parked an old RV on it.
Some of us locals were already checking him out when it burned to the ground. He had only been there 5 days.
He is still in jail and a picture I had taken of him on his property helped put him there (he was trying to say somebody else was squatting on his property).
I interviewed for AST but decided to not pursue it even though it would have been more money.
The newer members get stuck in the worst jobs so I would have had to move us to Beth~Hell or worse (Bethel sucks).
Old 08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
As part of my half-hearted attempt at getting in shape I recently ate a whole jar of sprinkles to get them out of the house.
I also ate the jar of imitation bacon bits so it was sort of a balanced snack.
Uhhh - - hmmm, let's see now - - you are trying to get in shape. I have this shape emerging in my mind of possibly what you were trying to look like. Uhhh, nope - - uh uh - - no way, Jose. And my heart skipped two beats just thinking about the cholesterol in a jar of bacon bits. Shame. ...........(sure good though, ain't they)

Bob
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 PM
DTR Mom

woo hooo son and second son decided to hang out, nice day. everyone liked the new bike. i still can't ride it, and that stinkz..

real son is here with a girlfriend watching the big screen in the living room. we, proud parents that we are, are struggling to find something to do while hiding in my office.......

kinda cool but i want my recliner.

going to have fun tomorrow- watch national hill climb event locally (poags hole Hillclimb) yeah, bring ear muffs. meeting up hopefully with bro in law as it is his birthday. big batch of friends coming up from PA/NY borderline.

should be a good relaxing time of NO WORK!!! yayyyy
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Shame. ...........(sure good though, ain't they)
Just doing my part to make a healthier household.
What I used to love for a healthy meal was a salad. A great big salad. With lots of dressing, croutons and half a pound of bacon bits.
Sigh.... They dont make me like they used to.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
should be a good relaxing time of NO WORK!!! yayyyy
Saw some Poags Hole racing on Youtube awhile back.
Part of the reason I like to ride trials is that the bike weighs less than 200lbs and usually wouldnt kill you if it landed on you.
Those guys are crazy. 1000cc, 10ft long, NMburning bikes with a rear tire that hurts ya just looking at it. Wish I was there (to watch).
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 AM

Forgot it was your friends machine.
I used permatex High-Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket stuff (I didnt have the Ultra Black) on a snowmachine adapter boot.
Got mine all gooped up and it'll be cured by the time I get home in the AM to get it back together. should be good as new.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Nice neighborhood you Alaska guys live in (meth lab blowing up ). I started watch the TV show 'Alaska State Troopers' recently. That is some tough duty. The environment up there looks so beautiful that it is hard to believe the people are in such rough shape. I do recognize that you don't get a real view into a place by watching a TV show.
This is the end of the road for some up here. they figure they can escape their past and get away with their old tricks in an end of the road kinda place. Makes for some interesting characters. Good and bad. Some people can turn their lives around and find a place for themselves up here and others end up blowing up in meth labs......