Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

**** BREAKROOM - Aug 21 - Aug 27 ****

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
**** BREAKROOM - Aug 21 - Aug 27 ****

SOMEBODY slept late.........

Coffee's on.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, you did!

Morning all.

Today is Sunday, August 21st.

On this day in 1680 - The Pueblo Indians drove the Spanish out and took possession of Santa Fe, NM.

1831 - Nat Turner, a former slave, led a violent insurrection in Virginia. He was later executed.

1888 - The adding machine was patented by William Burroughs.

1912 - Arthur R. Eldred became the first American boy to become an Eagle Scout. It is the highest rank in the Boy Scouts of America.

1923 - In Kalamazoo, Michigan, an ordinance was passed forbidding dancers from gazing into the eyes of their partner.

1943 - Japan evacuated the Aleutian island of Kiaska. Kiaska had been the last North American foothold held by the Japanese.

1945 - U.S. President Truman ended the Lend-Lease program that had shipped about $50 billion in aid to America's Allies during World War II.

1959 - Hawaii became the 50th state. U.S. President Eisenhower also issued the order for the 50 star flag.

1963 - In South Vietnam, martial law was declared. Army troops and police began to crackdown on the Buddhist anti-government protesters.

1986 - In Cameroon, a nation in West Africa, toxic gas erupted from a volcanic lake. The gas killed more than 1,700 people.

1987 - A U.S. Marine was convicted for spying for the first time. Sergeant Clayton Lonetree was giving secrets to the KGB while working as a guard at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. He served eight years in a military prison.

1989 - Voyager 2, a U.S. space probe, got close to the Neptune moon called Triton.

1992 - Randall Weaver, a neo-**** leader, opened fire on U.S. marshals from his home in Idaho. Weaver surrendered 11 days later ending the standoff. During the standoff a deputy marshal, Weaver's wife and his son were killed.

1997 - Hudson Foods Inc. closed a plant in Nebraska after it had recalled 25 million pounds of ground beef that was potentially contaminated with E. coli 01557:H7. It was the largest food recall in U.S. history.

1998 - Samuel Bowers, a 73-year-old former Ku Klux Klan leader, was convicted in Hattiesburg, MS, of ordering a firebombing that killed civil rights activist Vernon Dahmer in 1966.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Today's coffee is apparently a Verizon employee special; it leaves you feeling unsatisfied, you want something more, know you're probably not going to get it but keep hoping anyway.

J/K Ed!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:37 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's coffee is apparently a Verizon employee special; it leaves you feeling unsatisfied, you want something more, know you're probably not going to get it but keep hoping anyway.

So that means I'm gonna have to P a lot for nuthin?

Morning.

Heidi, gonna rebuild my bad 4.0 engine before this one gives me trouble. Problem is the WJ version uses lighter pistons, than earlier versions. All tend to suffer piston slap which was previously just a nuisance, but some WJ's piston skirts have been known to break. One way to rebuild is to use earlier pistons, if not performance, or stroke them out using the crank and rods out of a 258 (4.2) and make a 4.5, 4.6, or 4.7 out of it depending on whether you want to run high octane.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
So that means I'm gonna have to P a lot for nuthin?
Right. Just like any other day.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 AM

Nah, usually get the benefit of caffiene to keep me from being COMPLETELY disinterested in the job....
Old 08-21-2011, 08:19 AM
DTR Mom

let me know what motor and year, if you'd like. hate to take you away from stick building a motor but they are just crushing whole vehicles around here. how much chance is there of getting same condition worn parts from model to model? hey- did you say you don't take 911 calls there anymore?

happy housecleaning here; watching a big doe in the yard eating pears. good girl, stay there for two months.

Matt/Bark, yeah neighbor told me same thing- scald the potatoes first, let them cool, then can. his come out really good. i ALMOST thought they were a type of pickled egg or so....nope, just taters, lil vinegar and parsley. Amish guy around here makes the best sauerkraut.
gonna crock pot something for supper now.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:27 AM

The 258 was pre 1990, CJ's and YJ's. Yup, out of the direct 911 business, but we'll still get transfers in.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 AM
DTR Mom

will see, then call ya. they have to clear out so many vehicles per a state inspection, thought the 258 ran to later years.....YJ was the wrangler?
I am lost after my 46 ****** CJ2a.
about to put that back on line, have to wrap the new exhaust around the new to me (farmer jeep) rear pto set up. have had it for a bit, just never got to putting it on and using it. with the bridge in, now I think it will be the best transport for hauling wood/working back in the forest. bout time I used it.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Nope, 258 (4.2) was in the cj5 and cj7. YJ is square headlights, but they went to 4.0 after about 90. There's a guy here wanting to sell me a whole cj5 for 400. The body is so far gone though, it wouldn't be worth parting out to cover the extra cost. If the windshield frame wasn't rotted, I'd jump on it.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.

Yesterday was a good running around pleasant Saturday. We were so tired last night, went to bed early, woke up tired. Just spent two hours this morning at the park, kicking around the soccer ball and still working in my new cleats. It was nice. Now we got the whole day...probably to clean up around here. House looks like a tornado struck.

Lookin like a good Sunday.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme

Matt/Bark, yeah neighbor told me same thing- scald the potatoes first, let them cool, then can. his come out really good. i ALMOST thought they were a type of pickled egg or so....nope, just taters, lil vinegar and parsley. Amish guy around here makes the best sauerkraut.
gonna crock pot something for supper now.
That sounds tasty.

Mornin, all. Head is a little big from last night, a little chow will fix that pretty soon...

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good Sunday here too.
This week is bringing me several changes and decisions of which I am ready for.
All in all its all good, just gotta go through some do-do this week to get to the better place.

I threw in some old phone equipment with the Verizon-LateRizon Ph0o0. Its a cracklin good brew for all of U! Sorry about the [censored] Redleg had to go.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:30 AM

Nooner all,

Shovehead thanks for the coffee, a bit weak had to drink a few extra cups.
Dang, Scotty got to the ph00 phrist. Now gotta strain it thru some depends. Then I can make the iced mocha to keep me going. Had my trivia fix. Good question about the turtle.
Lunch munch, left over ribs.

Wannabe, I made my own kraut when I lived in Seattle. Cabbage from the garden. It is easy to make. Don't recomend keep the crock in the kitchen, wheew. In a shed works better.

Car shopping results. We have a nephew that in the manager of a dealership in Houston. Went there. Wanted a cheep car for the work commute. 7 miles one way. A 2002 Nissan altima came in as a trade in. It gonna be detailed and a few minor things fixed. New serpentine belt and idler pulley cracked windshield replaced. Belt and windshield have to be fixed to pass TxDot inspection. The car has 145,932. It has a new battery and looks like the coolent was changed. Tires look good. I was offered an extended powertrain warrenty. 2 years 30K miles. I took it. That year Nissan has had some major engine problems and recalls. But the price was right. Pick it up on Wednesday. Scratch the racing PT Cruiser Chick Magnet.

Hat scrambled eggs and iced cold beer should fix ya right up.

Shorts u are off to a good start. The tornado mess will keep, go have fun.

Looking for the fone number for our computer grue. Wife's laptop has issues.

Have a good un, and don't hurt yourselves.

Have
Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shorts
... kicking around the soccer ball and still working in my new cleats.
Don't the cleats mar up the floor of your Hover Round?

Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek

Hat scrambled eggs and iced cold beer should fix ya right up.
Bagels and sweet tea.

I forgot to post this...
Originally Posted by cha hair wa
1923 - In Kalamazoo, Michigan, an ordinance was passed forbidding dancers from gazing into the eyes of their partner.
Why would sheep want to look in your eyes anyway?

Quick Reply: **** BREAKROOM - Aug 21 - Aug 27 ****