Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

2 Sept thru 8 Sept labor day break room

Old 09-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2 Sept thru 8 Sept labor day break room

Happy labor day to everyone enjoy the last big blowout of the summer.

​​​​​​​Mexstan I fought them over in iraq and I will fight them and the libtards here if nessary I think this country is almost polarized enough so we can set about fixing it
Old 09-02-2018, 05:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
May God bless y'all as you try to fix that mess and push back against the destroyers of America.

Had an unwelcome but rather interesting situation on Friday. Was driving my truck on the outskirts of town where they are building two new bridges and changing 6 lanes to 12 lanes. Lots of construction equipment driving back and forth across the highway with flagmen stopping traffic to let the equipment pass. Was doing less than 20 mph when a flagman jumped out in front of me, forcing me to slam on the brakes. Got hit from behind by cops driving a F150. Their truck had a sort of brush guard on the front that hit my truck almost dead center on the trailer hitch. This is the kind of thing many cop cars and trucks have to push vehicles. All I have is a minor dent on the bumper and the chain attachment on the hitch bent up slightly. The F150 had the brush guard damaged and got pushed back deeply into the top of the hood. The grill is also out of position. The cop had to call his supervisor (about 6' 4" and 300 lbs) who arrived with a sidekick in about 20 minutes. Nice guys and very apologetic for the situation.

Down here when you have an accident, you do not go to some center later to report it. No need to call the cops unless somebody got injured. In fact, for minor accidents, most cops drive around it without stopping. All it takes is a phone call to your insurance company and the insurance adjuster come to the accident site. Insurance company fights insurance company on the spot and settles who pays what. Very civilized! Mine arrived in about 25 minutes on a 650cc motorcycle. My insurance company also has cars, but prefers the bikes to cut thru traffic quicker. The cops adjuster took about 50 minutes as he had a car and had to fight traffic. After half a zillion forms got filled in with multiple signatures we were on our way. I do not have to pay anything to get my bumper fixed. Need to take it to designated body shop next week for them to decide what to do. Am hoping for a new bumper.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Bummer, Stan. Hate it when idiots hang on my back bumper. They have no idea of something called the 2 second rule (I prefer 3 or 4 pending speed). Hope all works out well for you.
Turning this stupid thing off for the night. L8R
Old 09-05-2018, 03:33 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning. A VERY early good morning. Could not sleep, so got up and now doing stuff. I must be nuts! Too early for coffee or ph00, but may make some later if I am still awake. Left a bowl of hard covered slightly spicy peanuts for those who like to munch. These are a bit like potato chips as it is impossible to have just one handful.

Bob, down here it is common to see cars driving with only half a car length separation. Many rear enders. Surprise! The 2 second rule? The cop that hit my truck obviously does not know that rule.

Going to take a long drive on Sept 21. Heading up to Amarillo, Texas for a week. 1200 miles one way. Hope to be back home on the 30th, but that could get extended. Will stop at Laredo for the night going and coming as that is about halfway. On the way back will stop and pick up a big nice new rear tine tiller. Have lots of heavy duty work lined up for it back home. That of course also means lots of hard work for me too. Free exercise. Some folks pay big bucks at a gym for less exercise than what I get working my land.

Ciao.

Edit; Just came back from the body shop. They wanted to bash out the dents in my bumper and then send it out for re-chroming. I balked at that, so they agreed that they will now obtain a new bumper for me. Getting the new bumper may take a while, but that is OK with me. So .... the local cops pay for my new bumper. I like that!
Old 09-06-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Well, this place is more silent than the private parts of an 80 year old lady..... not that I have any personal knowledge of it.

Spent several days trying to post on this thread, but was unable to. Every time I would try to attach a photo, the attachment screen was all fooged up. Oh well. I guess it's the new format on this site, as when I just uploaded this pic, it was the same stupid thing...

Just can't leave well enough alone, eh ?

Sorry to hear Stan got rear ended by a cop. Better than being rear ended by a cop, handcuffed to a boiler in the basement of an abandoned factory, eh?

Welcome back to the USA, Stan ! Hope you don't get pulled over by bad cops who extort money out of you back and forther-s, as Mark368 has been many times. Crazy to think the cops demanding money from poor, innocent folks just traveling along, but I'm sure happens here more than it is known.

Stopped at the diner, ordered western omelets for everyone, but no one knew, as my post never made it here. Oh well, lots of western omelet given to the poor instead..

Another disgusting hot, humid day here in the armpit of the USA. I am sooooooo looking forwards to Autumn.

hope everyone is doing well, and Lary is still alive. Last word I heard was his wife was still chasing him around with that frying pan in her hand.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Afternoon yall fixing to get out of this town for a few days going to hang at the Beach, hope everyone is doing OK lunch is Subway fresh coffee and Phoo someone check on the dragon he don't look to healthy tried to check on him and he swatted me with that tail.

If Larry's wife has a frying pan I'm staying clear she's from the county and can swing that thing.

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 09-07-2018, 11:56 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts

Been a busy week and still more to do. Rented a mini excavator to dig up some stumps and level out the driveway and a pad. Then brought in 40 yards of pit run and smeared it around with a skid loader. Then brought in the Conex. I still have to set it exactly where I want it and level it out. Once that is done I can start moving.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. No ph00 or coffee ready so the pots are on. Traveling so no breakfast.

Coug -- - is that you up there on that beast? Lookin' good and having fun. Sic'em big boy.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, down here it is common to see cars driving with only half a car length separation. Many rear enders. Surprise! The 2 second rule? The cop that hit my truck obviously does not know that rule.
Stan, I have been amazed at the driving habits up here in Virginia. I am now assuming it will be the same as I head further north. I do not remember the complete ignoring of safety measures the last time up this way about 5 years ago. 1/2 car length behind me at 70mph. DUH. I just shut off the cruise and let it slow down until they go around. Have seen multiple accidents all ready. No one can read the speed limit signs and no cops in sight. Sad. Of course, the last time I was here I had 38' of RV behind me so I could not see how close they were. Sort of glad I could not see them as I sit here and reflect. Another week here and then head to DC for a couple weeks. Having fun. Then back to NC for a couple weeks in the trees which hopefully will have some color in them by then.

.........................................................................phoo...........yawh00
Old 09-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Yep, that's me. Got the box set and ready to start moving stuff in today.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Folks drive crazy here, like you couldn't believe possible.

Wife and I were on a 4 lane hwy heading home in the dark, and raining last night. No one on the road, but a fee cars. Middle lanes, two cars, in line in front of us. I thought a car was towing another car behind. When we were passing, the 2nd car was physically no less than 5 feet from the car in front. We were doing 75mph, so they were at 70 or so.

Just stupid...

Hey cougar....where ya moving to ???

New job lined up??