Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Where Did Summer Go Break Room 9/7 thru 9/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Where Did Summer Go Break Room 9/7 thru 9/13

Coffee's on. Dragon's sleeping in the corner.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin. I ran out of my usual coffee, so I used some stuff I had in the cabinet... some fancy stuff. Tastes like dirt, I like it. Busy busy, nothing new. Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
G'mornin Folks.
Going to hit mid 80's and then a high of 52 tomorrow with risk of frost later in the wk and even the word 'flurries' is mentioned.

Somebody should start a where'd the summer go breakroom.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Summer? what Summer?....never saw one here...anytime it got into the 80's it rained.....Obviously this has been good for the water table but the mountain looks and smells like a rain forest......my weeds have pet weeds of their own
Old 09-07-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Ya, We had a fairly soggy summer to. Winter is knocking on the front door already. This is my 1 day in 7 to rest, then deep back into an inspection that should last the month.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Haven't had summer here either, was more like a Vancouver island winter. Still under a mild 3 going on 4 day monsoon as we type. Freaking ridiculous.

Actually looking forward to the freeze this year, just to get out of the mud. Sad times.

Otherwise normal form, into September and all is well. Had a hard frost the other night, so the end of season OMG WE GOTTA GET THIS DONE rodeo starts... ugh
Have fun
Old 09-07-2014, 12:27 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Hey all. Was going to talk about the lovely weather that we are having, but after reading about how everybody is whining about the bad weather up there, decided to stay quiet.

Yesterday was out at my country property and it has been raining there a bit. The soil there is all a red sort of clay. While the ground was not soaking, it was still damp. About 3 revolutions of each wheel on that stuff left each tire heavily coated in pine needles and red soil about 1" thick. Have discovered many times that in that kind of soil that no matter the tire tread, that soil in seconds turns all tires into slicks.

Tomorrow am going to change the truck oil and filter, wash and vacuum the truck and vacuum my wife's SUV. That should keep me out of trouble from dawn to about lunch time.

Heading out to lunch with friends in about an hour. Salivating already for that delicious Mexican food. Sitting outside under an umbrella of course. Anybody want to join us?

Cougar, out of curiosity, what are you inspecting that will take all month? What type of inspection is it?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
It's been a decent summer for us, not too wet, not too dry, not too hot... it broke into the high 90s last week, that's about as hot as it gets.

Supposed to be in the 80s this week.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi...

...Bye
Old 09-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hay y'all, just a quick check-in. A polar system is on its way and we are supposed to get 5cm of snow (about 2") and temps of 5 below freezing (no time to do conversions right now) tomorrow so DW and I are harvesting like crazy. We just picked and stored 164 spaghetti squash. Yikes!!!!

Back atch later, trailers need winterizing and 100 other jobs...
Old 09-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
Mornin. I ran out of my usual coffee, so I used some stuff I had in the cabinet... some fancy stuff. Tastes like dirt, I like it. Busy busy, nothing new. Hope everyone has a good week.
Of course it tastes like dirt, it was just ground this morning.
Hotter than Shorts in shorts.
What I was about to type wouldn't have made picking on me easy, but it would have given you a lot to work with.
Hotter than... well, you get the picture. It's 97 degrees with 74% humidity.
We had that Wednesday. After several trips up the bins, setting up and taking down augers, and cleaning out 2 bins to hold seed wheat, I noticed I was slowing down, but didn't realize why til I went to town for supper rather than cook for myself and saw the sign at the bank.

One wouldn't think one my size would have trouble with the heat.

Boss pretty well turned me loose to work on getting this wheat cleaned myself this week. Kinda liking working alone again. Own pace, less shoveling, let the augers do the work, and quitting time is whenever I get done. Usually about 7.

Thinking of getting a new phone. Would like another slider but none available that will work with my prepaid here. And not sure about a smart phone and touch screen.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by j_martin
Coffee's on. Dragon's sleeping in the corner.
Thanks for opening up this morning j!

Originally Posted by madhat
Mornin. I ran out of my usual coffee, so I used some stuff I had in the cabinet... some fancy stuff. Tastes like dirt, I like it.
I was saving that for a special occasion.

Originally Posted by Scotty
... frost later in the wk and even the word 'flurries' is mentioned.
If you weren't the 'boss's pet', I'd ban you for saying that nasty word!

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Of course it tastes like dirt, it was just ground this morning.
Good one!

Evenin' all.

Been without power here since Friday afternoon. NOT the weekend I had planned.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:50 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a question for you old people.

My wife and I have decided to downsize considerably.
The last time we bought a washer and dryer, it was the biggest we could get to cover 5 of us and be able to wash a king size comforter.
We dont need that now, what size is needed for two adults?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I bought my wife one of these when she wanted a new washer....I sure am gonna miss her
Attached Thumbnails Where Did Summer Go Break Room 9/7 thru 9/13-pace3-964453enh-z7.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Hello from the last warm day up here eh.
Strange its going to go from 28C 88F to a high of 10C or 50F tomorrow.
I said a bad word earlier about precipitation that is coming so I'm not mentioning it now.

I got this from DependableBobby...

First time on the web (if you call it that) for many days. Lots of the time no cell phone. I will try and post to say hi - - don't count on it. If I can't get on, let them know we are still alive and kicking. We head out tomorrow for the last thrust home. Been 3-1/2 months now. Ready for the pool and relax in the sun in the lanai.

TiredBob

Managed to get all of the 360 feet of 6' board fence pressure washed yesterday as well as all the siding on the shed and the garage.
Today I got 1/3 of the fence stained with two coats. By hand, no sprayer.
I also managed to watch the stone bird bath fall over and land on top of my left foot. Seemed like slow motion but WOW did it happen fast. I was somehow wedged in between an evergreen and the bird bath moving another yard ornament.
That ornament has gone bye bye.

TiredScotty

Quick Reply: Where Did Summer Go Break Room 9/7 thru 9/13