Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 07:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room

Well it a new week up and at them get ready for church sausage biscuits on the counter.

Have a good one
Old 08-24-2014, 07:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good morning and a big Thanks! for the biscuits!

Hope all of you have a great week. Have fun but as my Grandad used to say, "Hey kid, don't break nothin".
Old 08-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I say thanks for the room and grub.
I go now
Old 08-24-2014, 09:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning. Been up since daybreak, but only got here now. Another gorgeous day in Paradise. It is prickly pear season down here, so have left a big bowl of peeled and cut up prickly pears on the counter. Enjoy.

Worked very hard yesterday and by the time we came home I was sore and stiff. Discovered that my body is not in as good a shape as it should be and it was complaining about carrying large chunks of cement around, working on 45 degree slopes of sand and rock that are like ball bearings under my boots and other manual labor. Going to work on fixing this because I do not like it when my body complains. Hate exercise, so that means that I need to do more manual labor (muscle toning) and get stuff fixed and modified. No shortage of work.

Off to meet friends in a few hours for our usual Sunday brunch. Good quality Mexican food (enchialadas verde), sitting outside under the palm trees, having a leisurely lunch hmmmmmmmm. Life is good.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:00 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me go too.
Ok, one more biscuit.
Parents in CA said the only real damage from the earthquake at their house was the dog peed on the bed.
Dad said he would have peed too but it would have taken him five minutes to do it.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
How did you get the sausage in the biscuit? Cool idea, it doesn't slide out when you bite into it.
Had a piece of that prickly pear, it was hard as cement!
Another dreary day here, except with rain.
Earthquakes,, in California? Never!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:26 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by cougar
How did you get the sausage in the biscuit? Cool idea, it doesn't slide out when you bite into it.
Had a piece of that prickly pear, it was hard as cement!

WHAT?????? These things are tender. Did you have your false teeth in? Are you sure you did not bite the bowl?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bark
Me go too.
Ok, one more biscuit.
Parents in CA said the only real damage from the earthquake at their house was the dog peed on the bed.
Dad said he would have peed too but it would have taken him five minutes to do it.

Wonder what you would done if you had been there. A special earthquake dance and then peed in your pants, or vice versa
Old 08-24-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I cut a piece of prickly pear this summer. Didn't taste like much. Kinda spongy.

Got the little brush hog on the 4020 and the one tail wheel freed up. Was going to knock it out of its mount, but it stuck just as the spindle was getting down into its sleeve. Heated the sleeve, moved a little more. Took some emery cloth to what was exposed, flipped the mount, sprayed it down with a ton of WD40 again, knocked it back in, and it was nearly free. Some more WD and spinning it around, and it's now free to spin around, so it won't tear up the yard when I turn.

Didn't hurt myself til I went to unhook the tarp strap that holds the PTO up out of the dirt. Ripped a knuckle open on the wire that holds it to the frame. Danggit. Actually didn't hurt for long.

Getting the yard mowed. Dang lawnmower won't run and the guy who's been into the carb hasn't stopped yet to look into it again. May end up jest getting a new carb as it had to be set up with the choke on to run.

Sure it runs about the least of anything else on the place, but that old 4020 gets the most abuse, and it just keeps going, had the least repairs of any since I've been here. It's lighter to start with, has no cab, yet will lift more than the 4430 and 4450, which are both newer, have fewer hours, and have a cab on top of being heavier tractors to start with.

Move a few things, finish around the house, and go get some groceries once I put the tractor away.

Thought labor day was tomorrow. Nope. Still a week away. Maybe we can get my truck and the boss' kid's dually worked on some then.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I grew up on a 4020. Loved that tractor. Had a 2510 gas, hated that one. Still have the 1020 gas that Grandad bought new in the mid ti late 60's. Did a inframe on it and rebuilt the hydraulic pump. Works good to this day.

It's been years since I had any prickly pear. We used to make jelly with it.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:45 PM

I've still got grandma's Super M. It's still back east though.
Wish I had 5 gran the day of our sale. The 1066 is supposed to be about 120 HP, ours was easily pushing 250.

I know where the 966 grandpa bought new in 72 is, but it's getting pretty sad. The current owner said it turned 11,000 hours right after he got it (around 1993) and the tach quit. And the fenders are pretty well gone. There's no paint left to speak of.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:18 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been eye-balling one of the newer 5-D series, but cant bring myself to spend that kinda money...
Gonna need to replace the POS Belarus I got now within a couple years tho.. injection pump sprays fuel out the vent, hydraulics are getting weak, and the front hub u-joints are squealing, wont charge, needs jumped to start it...
other than that it runs great!
All I realy need a tractor for anymore is stacking round bales, and I could hire one of the neighbors to do that, so willprobably get a CUT rather than a full sized tractor...
Neighbor kid is a plant operator at the nuc power plant a few miles away, makes too much money, is young and single...( hate him)...
bought a new JD 4350 with FEL and all the whistles... all he does with it is pull a brush hog around his 5 acres.
Wish I could afford a lawn mower like that..
Old 08-24-2014, 09:24 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Another dreary day here, except with rain.
Earthquakes,, in California? Never!
Yeah, been raining pretty good here too.
I keep forgetting we are only around 80 miles apart as the shrew flies.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Wonder what you would done if you had been there. A special earthquake dance and then peed in your pants, or vice versa
Actually my earthquake dance does not involve peeing in my pants but does require a change of underwear at the end.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
That's NOT an earthquake!!!!
Yeah, raining here too. Pines are getting stressed from to much water, popular are loving it though.
Had one of those moments today where I got called to look at a Chevy pickup. Guy changed his in tank pump, and it still wouldn't go. Went, had a look, listen, no hmmmm.
Checked for power there it was, checked for ground... they hadn't cleaned the frame ground when they put it back together. Couple minutes with some scotch brite, runs just as good as used. Wish they could all be that simple.
Other than that,business as usual. Got some yard cleanup done, did some figuring on the load of hay we need to get, looks like next weekend. Now, almost feels like nap time..

Have fun
Old 08-25-2014, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Thanks for getting the new breakroom up and running RR1! I couldn't get anything to post yesterday, it would just sit there in white screen mode trying to make up its' mind. Finally gave up.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Worked very hard yesterday...
I see we're starting a 'Joke of the Day' now?

It is Mnday, August 25th.

1718 - Hundreds of colonists from France arrived in Louisiana. Some settled in present-day New Orleans.

1814 - The U.S. Library of Congress was destroyed by British forces.

1840 - Joseph Gibbons received a patent for the seeding machine.

1916 - The National Park Service was established as part of the U.S. Department of the Interior.

1920 - The first airplane to fly from New York to Alaska arrived in Nome. Bark was its' only passenger.

1941 - Soviet and British troops invaded Iran. This was in reaction to the Shah's refusal to reduce the number of German residents.

1941 - Allied forces invaded Iran. Within four days the Soviet Union and England controlled Iran.

1941 - U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt signed the bill appropriating funds for construction of the Pentagon.

1944 - Paris, France, was liberated by Allied forces ending four years of German occupation.

1944 - Romania declared war on Germany.

1950 - U.S. President Truman ordered the seizure of U.S. railroads to avert a strike.

1981 - The U.S. Voyager 2 sent back pictures and data about Saturn. The craft came within 63,000 miles of the planet.

1993 - The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 3,652.09, an all-time high.

1998 - A survey released said that 1/3 of Americans use the Internet.

Today's thought:

C0ffee & ph00 are ready.

Enjoy your day!

Quick Reply: 8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room