Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:12 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I see we're starting a 'Joke of the Day' now?
Did you look in a mirror this morning?
Now that you mention it, didn't DTR have a joke of the day eons ago?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
G'mornin DTRonians.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Been eye-balling one of the newer 5-D series, but cant bring myself to spend that kinda money...
Gonna need to replace the POS Belarus

WHAAAT ??? a Belarus.. We had a couple of those Things when I was a kid, MTZ 70 and 820, I remember when dad bought a new 820 back in the 80´s, it had a radio, not stereo, but it was a radio, and you could hardly hear when the engine was running, but IT HAD A RADIO.
Then fast forward to about the year 2002, one of my dads neighbours called and asked if I could help him out, he needed a driver for a grainwagon for a day or two.
So I got my butt in a brand new JD (can´t remember the number, but it was around 200 HP), to come from a Belarus as a kid, to that JD, talk about another world, I enjoyed it so much that at the end of the day he asked me how he owed me for a days work, I just smiled ad said "not a dime, I had such a good time."

Grabbing a cup of coffee and moving on.

Slev
Old 08-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Monday all y'all, all this talk about old tractors just reminded me that I have another job on my To-Do list. My old IH 350 Utility wouldn't run the last time I needed it. I am 99% sure it is just water in the gas but I really need to get that solved before the snow flies. The farm friend of mine who gets my hay has a Belarus in his fleet of old tractors. It has no FEL or anything like that but it runs well for him and is good for pulling wagons or running small PTO / 3pt hitch implements.
Today is onion harvest day. The harvest doesn't take very long but the onions need to cure in the sun for 5 days. To cure well we need sunny, warm and dry conditions. After a week of rain it looks like we will finally get some dry and sunny days. This weekend the potatoes come out of the ground. Luckily, they can cure in the barn. After that I think it is beet pickling time and carrots after that. Yup, it is that time of year, the produce is coming in.
Have a good Monday everyone and play safe.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan

Now that you mention it, didn't DTR have a joke of the day eons ago?
We did but he quit posting daily when he went to work in China for awhile (drum roll...cymbal crash)

Actually I do recall something like that as we had to keep editing it for profanity....MOST of them were just fine but every now and then one would get put up that just doesn't cut the mustard here....

I am not talking about Stan posting profanity here....I think he is too much of a Gentleman to ever use bad language in a public setting

Hi People hope everyone is well ?

Fighting allergies here all the rain has got the weed pollen through the roof!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good evening all y'all. The onions are all out of the ground, now bring on the hot and dry weather please so they cure well. Does anyone need any onions - this is only about 2/3 of the harvest this year. We make a pickle with red ones that is really popular and that is awesome on burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches. The yellow ones mostly get turned into French Onion Soup but let's be honest, how much soup can 2 people eat?
Attached Thumbnails 8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room-image.jpg  
Old 08-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Good stuff Sean

Wish you were closer I would like to try those pickled red ones
Old 08-25-2014, 05:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
We did but he quit posting daily when he went to work in China for awhile (drum roll...cymbal crash)

Actually I do recall something like that as we had to keep editing it for profanity....MOST of them were just fine but every now and then one would get put up that just doesn't cut the mustard here....

I am not talking about Stan posting profanity here....I think he is too much of a Gentleman to ever use bad language in a public setting

Hi People hope everyone is well ?

Fighting allergies here all the rain has got the weed pollen through the roof!

Hmmm, maybe I should start that again?

Lary, thanks for the vote of confidence. I never use any form of profanity in my daily talking and for sure would never use it here. IMO, a user of profanity is publically telling the world that they cannot speak their language and maybe a sign of low class and poor education.

I often see people fighting allergies and feel for them. I am fortunate in that this problem only afflicts me in a very minor way for very short periods of time.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Lary, thanks for the vote of confidence. I never use any form of profanity in my daily talking and for sure would never use it here. IMO, a user of profanity is publically telling the world that they cannot speak their language and maybe a sign of low class and poor education.
Easy to have confidence in you Stan....your track record here clearly shows the type of person you are

I often see people fighting allergies and feel for them. I am fortunate in that this problem only afflicts me in a very minor way for very short periods of time.
I am the same way...this year it has been so wet here that the ragweed among others is running rampant....this is not a normal allergy season for me
Old 08-25-2014, 08:13 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
The onions are all out of the ground, now
Nice looking harvest. I never had good luck at onions. Seemed like they always bolted or got way too much rain and rotted.

I never use any form of profanity in my daily talking
I can't believe how many movies have been ruined for us by excessive profanity.
I understand that people do cuss but can't believe how "accepted" some of the words are becoming.
I liked having a line you weren't supposed to cross especially on TV.

My last job exposed me to 20 years of constant profanity and I refused to lower myself to their level.

Dang it, you got me ranting. You did it to me again you *******!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Ah, the profane thoughts abound. Profanity has become widely accepted, and I am very thankful for that...
Not that I use profanity all the time, simply incessantly. It's almost become a modifier for the most part. Can be a complete sentence, left to its own devices. I'll not expound on this any further, I'm sure you can see where I'm going. Straight up "that" creek. And I'm leaving my paddle at home.

I do consciously try to sound intelligent on occasion, however, those are the occasions where I don't say much...

Otherwise, news of the north.

Yup, that much happened today.
Actually, installed a seats Inc legacy series chair into a kenworth today. Wow. This is the cheapest seat I could find, and holy... three position extendable bottom cushion, separate upper and lower inflatable lumbar, infinite armrest and seatback tilt adjustments, leather faced... And guaranteed to make tender love to your backside for 1 year or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Man, nothing like the Apple crate seats of yore, this is impressive. Back in the day, to get a seat like this, you were staring several thousand in the eye, now it's 785 bucks.

Anyway,have a great day people, and the rest of us too.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:49 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

pind, I think that people with a lot of mechanical ability probably should be allowed to practice profanity.
When a person gets a finger smashed by an assistant who can't use a transmission jack or something similar,
that person should have a large selection of expletives to choose from while chasing the assistant with a jack handle.

Originally Posted by pind
I do consciously try to sound intelligent on occasion, however, those are the occasions where I don't say much...
Old 08-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Did you look in a mirror this morning?
That's IT? That's all you got?

Wish you were closer I would like to try those pickled red ones
Just what we need; a pickled boss!

IMO, a user of profanity is publically telling the world that they cannot speak their language and maybe a sign of low class and poor education.
I agree wholeheartedly!

Easy to have confidence in you Stan....your track record here clearly shows the type of person you are
Well that could be interpreted in more than one way!

Originally Posted by Bark
I understand that people do cuss but can't believe how "accepted" some of the words are becoming.
Yes, even here. I'm not being critical or judgmental, even tho I tend to be that way in general, but there was a time when you'd earn yourself a verbal admonishment for using words like 'crap'. Now it's okay. And to be honest, I don't know if that's a good thing or bad. There IS such a thing as 'going to far' I guess, even with a good thing.

Originally Posted by Bark
When a person gets a finger smashed by an assistant who can't use a transmission jack or something similar, that person should have a large selection of expletives to choose from while chasing the assistant with a jack handle.
What, you have no dance for that?

Morning all.

It is Tuesday, August 26th.

1842 - The first fiscal year was established by the U.S. Congress to start on July 1st.

1920 - The 19th amendment to the U.S. Constitution went into effect. The amendment prohibited discrimination on the basis of sex in the voting booth.

1934 - Adolf Hitler demanded that France turn over their Saar region to Germany.

1937 - All Chinese shipping was blockaded by Japan.

1945 - The Japanese were given surrender instructions on the U.S. battleship Missouri at the end of World War II.

1957 - It was announced that an intercontinental ballistic missile was successfully tested by the Soviet Union.

1957 - The first Edsel made by the Ford Motor Company rolled of the assembly line.

1973 - A U.S. Presidential Proclamation was declared that made August 26th Women's Equality Day.

1981 - The U.S. claimed that North Korea fired an antiaircraft missile at a U.S. Surveillance plane while it was over South Korea.

1992 - A "no-fly zone" was imposed on the southern 1/3 of Iraq. The move by the U.S., France and Britain was aimed at protecting Iraqi Shiite Muslims.

1998 - The U.S. government announced that they were investigating Microsoft in an attempt to discover if they "bullied" Intel into delaying new technology.

Today's thought:

Cffee is on. Someone page me if B0b decides to shuffle in today and I'll make his ph00 ph0r him.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin... mornin.
Seems like everyone is doing ok except for Stan (too old to work like that) and Lary (stupid ragweed). All the talk about tractors and equipment makes me miss home for about five minutes... until I remember all the cursing and throwing crap trying to keep crap running all the time.

I took the week off to hang out with the OL- kids are back in school this week, so I'm enjoying a quiet house with the wife Just finished my first week of college in a while, too. Lots of reading, but I'm gonna make it.

Hope y'all have a good one. Not sure what my day has in store yet!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
That's IT? That's all you got?
Was trying to be nice, but no idea why. Sorry, forgot that you are a masochist and thrive on abuse.

Originally Posted by madhat
Mornin... mornin.
Seems like everyone is doing ok except for Stan (too old to work like that)
HEY! Enough of this too old nonsense. Age is just a number and my middle names are Peter Pan. I absolutely refuse to get old or grow up. Ask my wife about growing up.

Quick Reply: 8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room