Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Labor Day break room 9/4 to 9/10

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Labor Day break room 9/4 to 9/10

Quiet around here. Everybody must be out laboring. Cleaned up, emptied the trash, fresh coffee and phoo. They opened a new Krispy Kreem in Anchorage so I brought in a few boxes of left overs.
More rain equals more bank erosion. The Knik and Matanuska rivers are getting right up against the highway in spots.
Need to find a storage unit so I can empty the utility trailer I bought last year so I wouldn't have to pay for a storage unit. Hope I can get my money back on the trailer.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Spent the day perusing a couple airplanes. Sure put me in good mood! Flash over to working on computers when I got home...Now bad mood!

Years of working with them makes me hate them more and more. Glad DTR works or I'd probably have small bits of smoking plastic and sparking parts!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
One day in church about this time of the year, someone asked my 6 year old daughter when school was starting. She replied, "The day after Mommy has the baby."

Normally August is dry around here. We got 2" of thunder rain over night, with more (and flash flood watch) for tonight, and tomorrow night,......

It's enough to make one step out onto the back porch, look up reverently, and cry "uncle".
Old 09-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Normally August is dry around here. We got 2" of thunder rain over night, with more (and flash flood watch) for tonight, and tomorrow night,...... It's enough to make one step out onto the back porch, look up reverently, and cry "uncle".
Well stated. We had another go-round last night, but not quite so bad. More due tonight, moving down from the north. One positive - - lawns sure look gorgeous - - and the plants - - and flowers, but lawn crews are looking pretty beat up.

Coffee and ph00 are on along with some goodies - - they are a surprise.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM

Found out my debit card traveled to celebrate the end of summer. So far, VA, WI, AL, and SC........ Everything is froze and am meeting the bank in the morning. I woke up tired Monday, but dang i don't remember the road trip!

As a side note, anybody have a yellow tag com/nav and VOR sitting around extra? The plane I'm looking at is old school C-150F, 67 vintage. Compass and clock (inop) and 1 radio. Old Apollo 2001 mounted in the panel but Son is going to need VOR.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:03 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sherod-
Check out (The Plane Exchange) My cousin`s grand daughter owns it .
My cousin use to own the airport at Linden,Mich (Prices Airport ) now a condominium airport

Old 09-06-2016, 06:07 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
As a side note, anybody have a yellow tag com/nav and VOR sitting around extra? The plane I'm looking at is old school C-150F, 67 vintage. Compass and clock (inop) and 1 radio. Old Apollo 2001 mounted in the panel but Son is going to need VOR.

Lots available in various boneyards around the country. Here are just a few;

Avionics - NAV-COMs

Used Avionics, Used GPS, Used Autopilot,KING, NARCO, GARMIN, UPSAT, ARC, & COLLINS.

White Industries Aircraft Parts and Salvage
Old 09-06-2016, 06:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Looks like quite a few places in the States are getting hammered with bad weather, Zika and many other not so nice things. Not even going to mention some of the not so nice things such as Hillary and that loser called Obama.

Got my truck about as perfect as it can be for a long road trip. Thought I had checked everything, then today noticed that the brake fluid was kind of dark, so before I leave will flush the system with nice fresh fluid. Still going to hit the road just before daybreak on Saturday.

Have wanted to get a set of Centramatics for years as I have read lots of good things about them. When those 315 tires I am using get out of balance it is quite noticeable. Just by accident discovered that on Monday will be driving right past the factory. I contacted them and they will even install a set free of charge while I wait. They guaranteed that I will be back on the road in less than a hour, so am going to do it.

L8tr. Maybe.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Stan-- Thanks for the links! Travel safe my Friend!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Got another 3" or so last night. Cedar Creek is over the road, about a 10 year incident.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I rolled thru this in North Dakota on Sunday. First time in a long time wipers did not help. Had to stop on i-94 for awhile. Got into the hotel and it hit again. 3" per hour.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:09 PM

Greetings from down here. No rain, but do have lots of sunshine and a few clouds now and then. The breakroom is becoming deader and deader. Anybody have any ideas why that is?

Scotty, that looks horrible. Saw on the news a short while ago that more of the same is expected in some areas. Hope that you are out of that mess by now.

Flushed the brake system on my truck this afternoon. Not sure if "flushed" is quite the right word because I never used any solvent to flush out the yucky stuff. Would not dare to anyway. Just poured new fluid in the top and pumped it out at the bottom until it ran sort of clear. Once I started to pump the bad stuff out, was amazed at just how black it was. As it was so dirty, think that I will do it again in a couple of months. This job is easy to do by myself and do not use a vacuum, or pressure pump.

Maybe tomorrow some of the lurkers will have something to say, besides hi and bye and
Old 09-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
It always gets slow in the summer months Stan, everyone has tons of stuff to do.

Be safe on your trip and don't hesitate to call if you get in a bind some where
Old 09-08-2016, 02:20 AM

Couldn't sleep so stopped by to check on the dragon. Long day today, so I'll be back for some coffee after it has "aged" a bit more.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A beautiful morning has dawned here, but still very warm - - about 5 degrees above normal yesterday. It is time for fall, Mama - - DO IT. LOL

Fresh coffee and ph00 are on the counter for some people who can't sleep all night - - oh yeh, it is for every everyone else too. Come get it.

Off to the doctor this morning - - 3 days, 3 doctors. Mercy. 2 were yearly check ups, this one today is the glaucoma guy - - he is not happy with me and I am not happy with what is going on either in that eye. Don't need that. .....................Heart doc was extremely happy with stress test results. Still thinks I am lying to him when he reads my chart and sees my age.

L8R

Quick Reply: Labor Day break room 9/4 to 9/10