Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

break room 22 Aug till 1 Sept 2018

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
break room 22 Aug till 1 Sept 2018

Started large gona run it long sit and sip share some food and just get along

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 08-22-2018, 04:35 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Started large gona run it long sit and sip share some food and just get along

​​​​​​​Latter
You gotta deal. Have a gudurn.

Bob
Old 08-23-2018, 07:02 AM

Morning gang. Gorgeous morning here in Florida this morning. Bright sun and no clouds - - we could be just fine without a rain deluge for one day. Red tide is finally backing off - - not a nice smell at all. Made coffee and ph00 and left some sprinkles on the counter - - perhaps that might encourage a few visits today.

Me off to lab for my yearly PET scan. Do not like these things. Thought I was having a heart attack the first time I had one. Know what to expect now, so endure them better. Hope all is still
running fine down there...……….

Have a great day...…………………….
Old 08-23-2018, 07:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmmmmm sprinkles
Old 08-23-2018, 05:55 PM

Well, how about that. I kinda thought those sprinkles might get you out of hiding. Hi Lary - - nice t see you. I only brought a few so finish them up - - not good for me.
I will have another cuppa ph00...………………………...

L8R
Old 08-23-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Evening folks.

Happy beginning of,the fall season. Spectacular weather. Mid 70's no humidity and sunny. Well suns going down, so a nice night, beginning.

Weather hasn't been,cooperating on working the never ending siding project. Got the highest part repaired today. Scaffolding gets moved a few feet lower tomorrow, and the sanding continues. One or two boards to replace, otherwise its all sanding the north side of the domicile.

Hope I don't run out of weather.

Put a few Yeungling beers in a bucket of ice for y'all. Lite version.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 2,380 Likes on 1,573 Posts
Nice work Tman!
Great early fall weather up here as well today.
I am trying to get my 2wd RC sheet metal floor pan welding and painting done while the weather is still nice enough for painting outside. I have been putting an hour or two a day in most of the week before dinner.
Thanks for the beer T.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:32 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Anyone need rain? We have way too much.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Up and at em breakfast is catered by Bob Evans fresh coffee and phoo eat up
​​​​​​​latter
Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 AM

Been up and at'um since 5 - - spent an hour in the exercise room before hitting the trail on the bike. Had breakfast but not any ph00 - - - YET.
BUT, gunna do it rignt now - - yeh. ……………………...

Hey, not bad at all. Pet dragon a bit - - looks lonely, then refill and head out.
Have a great day.

Bobby
Old 08-25-2018, 10:26 AM

Been up and at'um sense 5 too, but I guess that's 9 for you Bob. Someone drank all the coffee and didn't make a fresh pot so I did. A break from the rain today, then another big one tomorrow. Back out to the house, lots more to do.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:54 AM

Reheated yesterdays left over coffee and sliced off a chunk for myself. Brought in some left over bread pieces the wife was going to give to the magpies. Took the dragon for a walk in the park. A drunk started screaming "what happened to my pink shrew".
Raining hard already. A good day to just hang out and keep dry.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:02 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The semi deserted DTR breakroom, Aug 26 - Sept 1.

WHAT!!!??? A new week has started and no new breakroom! A quarter of a zillion readers, but everybody is to reluctant to start a fresh week with a new breakroom? Wassamarra? Scared of the dragon? Or is it that grungy coffee pot that needs sandblasting? Oh well, can't rely on anybody these days, so have to do the job myself. Here is your new breakroom. It's too late for coffee or ph00, so maybe someone can make it tomorrow, plus bring some munchies.

Have a story that may amuse some of you. Let your imagination run rife. A few months ago our local municipality changed all the old style, power hungry street lamps for LED's. Don't really like the harsh white light, but that is another story. One of the locals has a nice looking male German Shepherd and a few nights ago this dog stopped by the light outside my house and like all male dogs when they come to a pole, they mark their territory. The owner happened to be watching the dog at that moment moment and told me that there was a small flash and that the dog jumped away violently with a loud yelp and hit it's head on the brick wall about two feet away from the pole. Not far from this metal light pole is my water meter which has copper pipes so ran a wire from the copper pipes and checked the voltage on the pole and measured 113 volts. Next day, once the street lights went off, I checked again and found zero voltage. The next time the lights came on, the pole was alive again. The problem was immediately reported. The poor dog is now traumatized and stays well away from that pole. I would be too after being zapped in my .... you know. Feel sorry for the dog, but also see the funny side. If this happened to me, probably would be afraid to ever pee again.

Question; how can a metal light pole, screwed to the concrete sidewalk be alive? Should it not act like a ground rod? This pole has been there for about 20 years, so could it now have an insulating coat of rust under it and around the attachment bolts? Something akin to corrosion on a battery post?

Oops, sorry Clint, I boo-booed. After posting this noticed the date on your post. So now there are two breakrooms for this week. Tried to delete my post, but something seems to have changed and can't find the 'delete post' button. Maybe one of the mods can combine them. or just delete mine.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Goop morrowing, fellers.

Another weekend has passed, and as the last few, I worked, while the wife stayed home and played with the dogs. No problem though, as distance makes the farts smell stronger.

This week will be hot, after last weeks nice weather. I'll be continuing to sand the domicile, and do a bit of welding for next weekends project.

Bought two dozen bagels, 2 lbs of cream cheese, and a pound of high fat butter. Killing you softly with fat... Yum.

Toaster is on for you toasted bagel fans. Dropped off a Kurig coffee machine for Bob. Found a bag of alpo from 20 years ago, and your Dragon didn't seem to care.

Btw, some weenie started another break room somewhere and tortured a German shepherd's pud with electrical current and wiz. I'm sure the locals will start their own wizzing on a pole contest to see who can last the longest before their ********* explode. We all know how those south Americans enjoy their time off...
Old 08-27-2018, 12:17 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Toasted bagels and cream cheese. Hmmmmm. Thanks for trying to kill me. At least now I will die full and contented.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go ahead and take the Mickey out of me! Maybe I deserved it for azz-u-ming that there was no new breakroom this week. Just looked for a new title instead of checking the date.

Another absolutely gorgeous day down here in Paradise.

Been using my truck to haul out hundreds of pinguica trees/shrubs. Most of you will not know this plant as it only grows at high altitudes. I have some property at just over 8,000 foot altitude and these things are worse than weeds. If a branch touches the ground it takes root and spreads even more. Trying to clear the area to plant some fruit trees and later a small house. I wrap a short 2" commercial strap around the base of the plant and attach that to a long type of 4" nylon commercial strap that I hook to the trailer hitch. Put the truck into 4 wheel low and idle it forward. In most cases this is enough to yank out the entire plant by the roots. The ones over 6 foot high sometimes take 2 or 3 yanks, Never goose the truck as I am trying not to jerk it or stress anything. Last week could not get the truck close enough to some of the trees, so used the winch, plus the strap to get extra distance. These bushes/trees/shrubs grow so thick and close together that it is impossible to walk through them. A jungle.
Here is a site that explains this bush/tree/shrub; Arctostaphylos pungens, Pointleaf Manzanita

Ciao.

Quick Reply: break room 22 Aug till 1 Sept 2018