Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

what lift do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what lift do you have?

unfortunately my 96 is stock height but I'd like to fix that soon. I'm wondering what lifts you guys are running and how you like them and what problems you've had.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:32 PM

2in in front. Made it myself works great. I like the truck level.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Banned

4.5" skyjacker. I love it. The only thing I don't really like about it is the shocks. I had one blow on me after maybe 8k miles of city driving. Oh yeah, I wish it was blue or black, not red. Doesn't really go with the truck.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Oh yeah, I wish it was blue or black, not red. Doesn't really go with the truck.
Right after I bought mine, maybe 2 months, there was one for sale on Ebay,
coils, arms and trac bar bracket powdercoated blue, for 1/2 the price I paid.

Oh, 4.5 skyjacker as well, wish I'd met Cowhand before I got it though.

phox
Old 09-12-2005, 11:09 PM

wow, just looked up cowhand's sig and looked up some of the stuff he's got...from what i can tell it seems like it didn't take all that much money for what he's got. I'm thinking about something like 3 inches or so would be good as I do tow occasionally. cowhand are you out there? i'm sure you've been asked a thousand times already but how do you like your setup?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM

2.5 inch skyjacker lift..

No issues yet, except both broken double shock mounts.. easily fixed with a mig welder..

Tx
Old 09-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Banned

My 2nd gen gasser has a pretty custom 16 inch long arm lift. I've had over 10 different lifts on that truck.
The one in my sig is getting a 4.5 Skyjacker in about a week, I ordered it today. I have a 2 inch spacer on the front right now.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM

I'm new to these trucks and was suprised to see that 4.5" block from the factory. At first, I honestly thought I bought it with 4.5" aftermarket lift until I looked at a buddys 01 that he bought new

Anyway, when you guys put lifts on like a 4" are you putting 8" blocks back there? Any problems with them staying put? Or do the lifts include new front/rear springs?

I wouldn't mind lifting mine a couple inches but I was thinking an AAL and a 2" spacer in front.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Banned

No, you don't put 8 inch blocks back in the rear... you get new springs or put in AAL's or something. The 4.5 inch block on the 2nd gen is pretty tall, even for an aftermarket block.
If you get the Skyjacker 4.5 inch "kit," it will come with an AAL for the rear. If you get the "system," it will come with 4 inch leaf packs.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by djgaston
No, you don't put 8 inch blocks back in the rear... you get new springs or put in AAL's or something. The 4.5 inch block on the 2nd gen is pretty tall, even for an aftermarket block.
If you get the Skyjacker 4.5 inch "kit," it will come with an AAL for the rear. If you get the "system," it will come with 4 inch leaf packs.

Hey Danny, nice to see you over here Congrats on the new ride, and welcome to the dark side;-) Still got the gasser?

After all you've been through with your other truck, I'm surprised you're going with Skyjunker....I sincerely hope you're not doing the flex series. Funny how all of my front end problems went away after I got rid of all the red stuff under my truck. I hope yours works out better than mine did.

Don told me about the stuff he's working on for your bro's truck..... If you get time, post a pic of the 3rd gen track bar. I knew Don was working on one, but I haven't actually seen it yet.

By the way, I heard a rumor about a new site, something a little more tech oriented. Can you shoot me the link?

Conrad
Old 09-13-2005, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by jon96ctd
wow, just looked up cowhand's sig and looked up some of the stuff he's got...from what i can tell it seems like it didn't take all that much money for what he's got. I'm thinking about something like 3 inches or so would be good as I do tow occasionally. cowhand are you out there? i'm sure you've been asked a thousand times already but how do you like your setup?
Front end is dialed in, still working on the rear. Ran out of money in the BOMB fund before I got to it. Still planning on re-doing the rear spring packs and moving the shock mounts so that both shocks are behind the axle. Probably be a couple months before Don gets settled in to married life and has time to do the shock mounts for me.

I have the new and improved version of the radius arms sitting on my garage floor waiting on bead blast and powder coat. They're a lot beefier than the prototypes I have on right now, and the old ones work great. Front end is still really solid and I run out of shock before I run out of flex in the arms. Steering and track bar have outlasted the OEM replacements I put on last time around and I haven't had to adjust anything yet.

So far, the front tires haven't been rotated in over 12K and they're wearing better than the rears, no cupping or uneven wear at all. Had it aligned initially after I put the front end together and haven't had to touch it since. My last set up wouldn't hold an alignment for more than a few weeks. I have a slight drift to the right because my rear axle is cocked (toe out on the left, toe in on the right) but I can still let go of the wheel and it tracks straight.

So to make a long story even longer, I'm very happy with it.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Hey Danny, nice to see you over here Congrats on the new ride, and welcome to the dark side;-) Still got the gasser?

After all you've been through with your other truck, I'm surprised you're going with Skyjunker....I sincerely hope you're not doing the flex series. Funny how all of my front end problems went away after I got rid of all the red stuff under my truck. I hope yours works out better than mine did.

Don told me about the stuff he's working on for your bro's truck..... If you get time, post a pic of the 3rd gen track bar. I knew Don was working on one, but I haven't actually seen it yet.

By the way, I heard a rumor about a new site, something a little more tech oriented. Can you shoot me the link?

Conrad
Conrad-

Thanks man. It's cool to see a few guys over here that I already know. Yes I still have my big gasser, but it gets no attention now that I have a diesel in the driveway.

I have used a lot of other Skyjacker products and have always been happy with them. I had the 5 inch kit on my 1/2 ton, then the 7 inch stuff minus the arms. I think they do a pretty good job for a pre-fabbed kit. If there are problems, I'll fix them one way or another. I'm not going with the flex series, just the arms with bushings and single shocks.

Don will be getting my OEM track bar in a few weeks, I am going to wait until he gets back from the cruise and has time to catch up before I send it to him. He is still trying to get some stuff sent out to me for my bro's Z71 and I don't want to take his attention away from that right now. He just shipped the front axle truss / uniball setup, and we should have the rear King 2.5 shocks soon as well as some steering parts for the hydro system. It's definitely going to be ... should be the best SAS of all time on a truck like his as far as I know.

Yeah, I started a new site, DodgeOffroad.com It's still new and we're trying to get settled and get the tech up to par. It should be pretty cool once the site grows some more. We are getting new members every day. Sign up because I am going to make a diesel section there now. There are a few Cummins owners already, ISB Diesel is one. I'll also be putting quite a bit of tech stuff up about how to upgrade the Cummins... lift, step by step, and power upgrades installation.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by djgaston
Conrad-

Don will be getting my OEM track bar in a few weeks, I am going to wait until he gets back from the cruise and has time to catch up before I send it to him. He is still trying to get some stuff sent out to me for my bro's Z71 and I don't want to take his attention away from that right now. He just shipped the front axle truss / uniball setup, and we should have the rear King 2.5 shocks soon as well as some steering parts for the hydro system. It's definitely going to be badass... should be the best SAS of all time on a truck like his as far as I know.
Don gave me the low down dirty scoop on the stuff he's fabbin' for your bro's truck. I really wanna see how he's done the uniball mount, it sounds pretty cool. He described it, but a pic is worth 1000 words.

Your bro will be happy as a clam with those King 2.5's, I'm running them and I don't regret spending the extra money over the 2.0. The coilover setup sounds pretty sweet too...

Wish I would have caught this post before you ordered the SJ kit, I could have turned you on to some way better options for the same price. Then again, I'm sure the SJ kit won't last long in it's shipped configuration... What is Don doing with your OEM TB?

I'll check out your other site today...
Old 10-19-2005, 12:05 AM

Angry

5 inch super lift with a stuffed 3 inch pro comp spacer. Rear has an add-a-leaf and a huge block. Really sucks. Im getting longer arms soon and larger leafs for the rear