NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

7th Annual Diesel Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7th Annual Diesel Shootout

Hello NC 18!

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the event going on Sept. 6th at the Atlanta Dragway.

This event will be the finals for the NADM drag series. Our own Brian Buchanan is tied for second place in Quick Diesel and leading points in E.T. Bracket with our trusty Trustee Phil McMasters running second in points.

Jeff Garmon is points leader in Unlimited Street so expect a great showdown in this class.

If you've never been to a big time diesel event, make this your first.

So lend your support to our fellow members Brian and Phil. They need all the support they can get!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, Brian's truck is blowing oil out of the #4 exhaust with no time to tear down the engine. When asked if he still wants to run this event, he replied.... She'll go or she'll blow. Now, how can you not respect that racers attitude? To top it off, we found the cam gear walking off the cam which will be fixed this week.

So it looks like we're going to end the season just as we began, limping.

I'll be running my truck too, in case there are any people in the crowd that like to watch a "glutton for punishment".
Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Mike

It looks like Brian will be building an engine this winter If he is doing this well with an old engine, I'm going to love to see what a new engine will do to that truck. maybe a commonrail
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
Mike

It looks like Brian will be building an engine this winter If he is doing this well with an old engine, I'm going to love to see what a new engine will do to that truck. maybe a commonrail
I don't want to speak for him, but he didn't seem that down about it. The only time he gets down or complains is when he doesn't go fast enough.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

Brian will do just great in what ever he does.

Mike The chassis company called me today about my trucks back-half, He said that he was going to start on it in the morning. Things seem to be working out.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Chapter President

Cool, can't wait to see it together. It's been a long while since we had masonic-dodge going down the track, too long.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:31 AM

Yep! That about sums it up boys! 200,000 miles on the "Mightey Whitey #2 AKA Ole' Rust Bucket", and shes bleeding on me. Not to fear, as Mike said, my famous saying is "she'll go or she'll blow!
Cris, I think I'm in love with an old antiquated 12 valve, so I'll not go commonrail just yet! I've got my eye on two 12 valves for parts to get an early start on this winters project!
Does this mean your "project" will be complete by Oct. Cris? Sure hope so!
BTW don't let MikeD fool you, he has made some "Sub Rosa" changes to his 24Valve! Can't wait to see what it does!
I HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU THERE!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:53 AM

Well some of the long lost Friends, now part of NE Florida will be up to Atlanta to experience the excitement.... PapaSmurf will be there, hopefully I will be out of Afghanistan to meet/greet everyone. r/Leigh
Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Dave,,,
I'll be looking for someone to hang out with till PapaSmurf gets there,,,,
I'm driving down on Thursday so I'll be rested up for Friday and Saturday.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Looks like I might not make this. My wife's Brother's wife of less than two years was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in Jan and it appears to be entering its final stages. I seriously doubt I will be free this weekend as they are making funeral arrangements. I wasn't gonna drive the Big Rig down anyways since my frontend noises get louder every time I drive it.

You never know, I might make it somehow. But sure doesn't look like it right now.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 PM

I'm truly sorry to hear that brother.....
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Looks like I might not make this. My wife's Brother's wife of less than two years was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in Jan and it appears to be entering its final stages. I seriously doubt I will be free this weekend as they are making funeral arrangements. I wasn't gonna drive the Big Rig down anyways since my frontend noises get louder every time I drive it.

You never know, I might make it somehow. But sure doesn't look like it right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Keegan:

I am very sorry to hear about your Wifes Brother's Wife.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
With soon-to-be Hurricane Hanna, it does not look like I will be attending this event either guys. I need to stay close to home with this storm coming to keep an eye on our property and house.

You guys have a good time and good luck to everyone.

---------
John_P
Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM

Not my brother's wife, my WIFE's brother's wife. Anyways, she's with God now so she's not hurting anymore.

Well, this event might get rained out entirely with the way things look, or it might be shiny. Good luck to those who go and be SAFE!!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Not my brother's wife, my WIFE's brother's wife. Anyways, she's with God now so she's not hurting anymore.

Well, this event might get rained out entirely with the way things look, or it might be shiny. Good luck to those who go and be SAFE!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry I misworded that Keegan! I corrected it in my post and again, I am very sorry to hear that.