Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

7th Annual Diesel Shoot-out - Sept 5-6 - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7th Annual Diesel Shoot-out - Sept 5-6 - Atlanta

NADM is proud to offer the 7th Annual DPM Diesel Shootout in conjunction with the Hayes American Muscle Meet at Atlanta Dragway. If you have never been, you need to be here. Great crowd!! There have been over 10,000 people come in the gate for the last two years.

Fans can expect most all of the big names on the east coast competing for over $7,000 in cash prizes.

Expect the AirWerks Unlimited Street class to have a heated battle for the points chase. Points leader Jeff Garmon will try to hold off Phil Taylor, Philip Palmer, and Kevin Meredith.

Expect the DP Tuner Quick Diesel class to have door handle to door handle racing. Points leader Matt wells will try to finish the season in front, but expect Joel Greathouse and Brian Buchanan to make it a difficult task.

The Hayes ET Bracket class has always been a large field. 6 racers are within striking distance of points leader Brian Buchanan.

Darren Morrison is scheduled to be here with his Pro Stock Diesel S-10, and the Scheid Motorsports dragster driven by Bo Lane will make another attempt at 200 mph, and possibly back up his 6 second pass he made at the NADM Competition Diesel.com Invitational. We hope more Pro level vehicles come join the fun.

Gates open Friday at 5PM, timed runs begin at 6pm - 11pm
Saturday - racer gate opens at 8AM - Spectator gate at 9AM.
Timed runs begin at 9:30AM and eliminations are scheduled for 2PM.

I am hearing hotels are getting full so get your rooms today.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

looking forward to it Dave.... you forgot one thing.... I plan to throw a wrench in any QD plans others may have
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by tritont
looking forward to it Dave.... you forgot one thing.... I plan to throw a wrench in any QD plans others may have
That's the spirit... gonna put some 37" whoop azz on them boys are ya?
Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

actually since it's our home track... I just may throw my stock tires on. If that goes well in T&T.... they better look out on Sat. It's hard to compete against twins turbo's and spray though with 1500 extra pounds. With a few tweaks though... the 37's just might be contenders.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:10 AM

Website doesnt show admission prices that far out. Anybody have an idea what it will cost? For the NHRA Southern Nationals it was $46 for an adult on Saturday. I wonder if it will be that high?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Chapter President

That's what I like to hear! I like motivational statements.

We'll be working on a couple of tweaks for Brian's 12 valve "Trusty Rusty" in preparation for the Atlanta event. We're cashing in all of our beer cans to buy the needed parts.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

the problem is Mike, Dave also forgot to mention the veteran contenders that will also be very difficult QD challengers.... Lucky Dog Jim, Bruce Block, the TS truck and I'm sure several more. It's gonna be a driver class for sure !!

Hell, I'm just happy that my truck can even be in that class. If I ever were to win, I think people would be real mad at the trucks Commerce is real strict about their tech though so, will see.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Chapter President

the problem is Mike, Dave also forgot to mention the veteran contenders that will also be very difficult QD challengers.... Lucky Dog Jim, Bruce Block, the TS truck and I'm sure several more. It's gonna be a driver class for sure !!

Hell, I'm just happy that my truck can even be in that class. If I ever were to win, I think people would be real mad at the trucks Commerce is real strict about their tech though so, will see.

You're preaching to the choir, brother. I've watched Jim and all those boys for years now, they're all top notch racers. Heck my old 24 valve with a single charge, #2 only is no match for anyone in that field with heads up racing. I'm just happy to be out there racing with everyone.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM

Thumbs up

Ty,
So long as your throwing wrenches, we are just below you in High Point. Do you think you could throw a few Snap-On Wrenches that far? We could use some extra tools!!
If Mike D. gets into our beer can money.....Gale Banks better look out!
I agree with both of you, its just a privilege to be able to compete with some of these guys, much less be any competition.
What ever happens in Commerce, I can bet that we have ALL had a lot of fun this year!

Brian
Old 08-13-2008, 04:29 PM

Can't wait for this one. Brian, I'm gonna try to swing by the shop Friday.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Keegan,
Your welcome at our shop anytime! Mike and I are always up to something! Nothing real special, just a lot of big equipment that needs work, maybe a Cummins to be tweaked, and cold beverages! Not the fastest shop, just the most fun!

Brian
Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Chapter President

That's right, we do have a good time over there. It's a wonder any of our trucks run.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 PM

Anybody know the price of admission?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:28 PM

The admission price to get in my shop is an 18 pack of Michelob Ultra!
The admission price for Commerce, Mr. Dunbar will answer.

Brian
Old 08-15-2008, 05:27 PM

Friday Night

Racer Gates Open 5:00pm
All racers must purchase a Tech Card - no pre-entry.
Test & Tune 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Entry fee $20
General Admission - $10
Kids 12 and under admitted free with paid adult.

Gates open Friday at 5pm and Saturday at 9am.
Friday Night Program:

The Friday night program is an extension of the normal YearOne Fast Friday competition at Atlanta Dragway. Only street legal cars with valid tags and insurance are eligible. (Just to qualify for the prize, any car/truck can run)
Gates Open at 5:00 p.m. - all racers must purchase a tech card, no pre-entry. Test and tune and timed runs from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Entry fee $20
Friday Night Activities:
Test and tune for street legal cars all night, with awards for the night’s quickest elapsed time, speed, and reaction time, during the hours of 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Awards for the three catagories are as follows:
Winner:
$100 YearOne Gift Certificate
+
$100 CASH (Hayes Automotive)
2nd Place:
$75 YearOne Gift Certificate
+
$75 CASH (Hayes Automotive)

Saturday:

Spectator Admission: 10
Racer fee class dependant (Ex.Diesel Bracket is $35 truck/driver, $10 addl people)

Spectator Gates open 9:00am
Racer Gates Open 8:00am
Timed Runs 9:30am
Eliminations 2:00pm
Car/Truck Show Awards 5:00pm