Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

4th Annual DPM Diesel Shootout Results

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Annual DPM Diesel Shootout Results

More racers, more purses, and loads of fun were at Atlanta Dragway for the DPM Diesel Shootout and DHRA 2005 Pro Street Race #3.

Diesel Shootout Winner Earl Talley from TS Performance outpaced 2nd place winner Randy Cobb by only a few clicks of the clock for a very exciting and competitive final round. One thing I noticed all day was how improved all the bracket racers were in both reaction times and selecting dial-in times. Great job guys and with a field of 30 plus trucks, making it to the final round was no easy task.

The DPM Manual transmission winner was Will Harris. He took home a $200 bonus for making the quickest pass in a manual transmission truck at 15.42. Congrats Will.

The Diesel Garage who sponsored $100 each for the quickest of the brands in the Diesel Shootout was on hand to witness some great passes.

Ford winner was Levi Cuthrell with a 13.84
GMC winner was Kevin Meredith of TS Performance with a 14.34
Dodge winner was Matt Wells with a 12.99

Congrats to all the winners and a sincere thanks to all the guys from the Diesel Garage for sponsoring a fun award.

DHRA Pro Street was the most competitive I have seen to date. Teams present were No Limit Diesel Performance, DJ's Performance, Stuckey Racing, TS Performacne, Garmon's Racing, and private racers Buck Spruill and Russell Hilton.

The crowd witnessed some great side by side action. Darren Morrison made a pass Friday night of 11.00 only to discover that he had an engine problem that would eliminate him from Saturday's action. With the current ET record holder on the sidelines, this left 7 racers to compete for the prize and bragging rights of fastest at Atlanta 2005.

The ladder after qualifying had low ET qualifier at 10.91 @ 126.61 mph Phillip Palmer of Stuckey racing getting the solo pass of 11.55.

Aaron Jess of No Limit qualifying at 11.37 @ 117.84 was to face Buck Spruill who qualified at 11.49 @ 118.74. No Limit unfortunately had an engine failure so Spruill made a solo run of 12.87.

Kevin Meredith of TS Performance qualified with a 10.95 @ 123.18 and faced Domingo Jimenez of DJ's Performance who qualified with a 12.32 @ 111.26. Meredith had too much for Jimenez winning on a 11.06 over the slower 13.39.

Jeff Garmon of Garmon's Racing qualified with a 11.07 @ 123.96 faced Russell Hilton who qualified at 12.24 @ 115.77. A great first round race had Garmon out power Hilton with a close finish 11.18 to 11.89 round.

2nd round action had Palmer (Stuckey Racing) facing Spruill. Palmer clicked off a winning 10.87 to Spruill's 11.52

Meredith (TS Performance) faced Garmon with the TS Performance truck winning 10.97 over the slower Garmon pass of 11.17.

The final round pitted the two 10 second trucks against each other. Palmer pulled out a win over Meredith in a great drag race with Palmer running a 10.83 to the slower 10.97 for TS Performance.

Congrats to Stuckey Racing for their first victory and Philip Palmer with an outstanding job driving.

I'd like to personally thank everyone that came out to support the efforts of everyone involved.

No Limit gets my "big thanks" for driving all night Friday to make the race Saturday only to break then drive all night Saturday to make it home Sunday.

A special thanks to Mike Batterson for running the dyno all weekend which is no easy task.

A special thanks to the event sponsors:

Sun Coast Transmissions (was good to see you Joe)
TS Performance
Garmon's Diesel
DHRA
The Diesel Garage
and of course, the Hayes Family of Dealerships who without I wouldn't have a race.

Thanks to all the racers, spectators, crews and fans that support this great sport. We'll see you all next year.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please note though, I edited my post. Kevin Meredith of TS Performance won the award for fastest GM not Ronald Lott. My sincere apologies to Kevin and the TS Team. I can't even claim it was a Rum induced error... just stupidity...