HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

12v has no power

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the turbo wastegated by any chance?????? could it be possible that it got stuck open or anything as such, just out of curiosity... That would keep the motor laggy and cause the boost presure or being so low.... But thats just a "SWAG"....(scientific wild edit guess" What about your intercooler boots and intercooler they damaged at all....
hhmmmm....

Lets ee sypmtoms as follows(corect them if i am not completely correct):
-No power, after injector install, plate change, and turbo upgrade.
-Not able to rev out engine to the 3400 rpm with the gsk in it.... {only 2500??} (gsk is old mod used to work fine.)
-No boost pressure building>>> Turbo/exhaust side issue, mabe intercooler and boots or waste gate...
What else...

This is a good one... where are you located CAP. mabe some one can swing your way to help diag this baby....
Old 04-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Banned

Boost leak would be a logical reason for low power and low boost numbers but he also said there was no smoke. Boost leaks = smoke. I would personally put a FP gauge on it before giving it to someone else to waste my $$'s. Cheap and easy. If you are getting FP to the IP and no power or smoke, I would say that you have internal IP problems.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:58 PM

true, i missed the part about no smoke.... andhe is not waning to put a FP gauge on there for some reason
Old 04-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

classic symptoms of torn AFC diaphragm or boost leak from the head to the AFC
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, so what's up with refusing to check the fuel pressure? Why can't you humor us all and just check it and be done with it. Borrow someones gauge if you have to for crying out loud. You will either prove us wrong or maybe find the problem. Quit speculating and just do it. So it doesn't make sense right now, but nothing ever makes sense until you find the problem and then all of a sudden you kick yourself for not checking the obvious. CLASSIC symptom of low power, no boost and no smoke is not enough fuel.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

I believe he is not wanting to spend the money for a FP gauge. I don't know how mechanically inclined he is, but I have found that doing things myself can be a pain sometimes but usually I come out of it smarter and with even more cool tools.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigNasty
I believe he is not wanting to spend the money for a FP gauge. I don't know how mechanically inclined he is, but I have found that doing things myself can be a pain sometimes but usually I come out of it smarter and with even more cool tools.
I agree 100%. Sometimes it's good to get the grey matter churning, even if we don't like it. Ususlly forces us to really learn it. But there has to be someone around there that can loan him a Fuel pressure gauge for a brief moment in time.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:02 AM

Before I had the right tools I made a fuel pressure gage out of an old refrigerate recharge gage, tubing like is whats on the ice maker on the fridge,and an old spare overflow valve, just so happened that I had a snubber that went on a boat I had and it screwed right into the top of the overflow valve. I thought now only if this overflow valve will fit in the fuel inlet side of the pump I would have it made and believe it or not it did, tickled me to death. It leaked alittle but did its job. (I don't use this anymore but still have it) Also made a boost gage with same tubing as above and an old tire pressure gage, tubing was long enough to run inside the cab worked great. (I don't use this anymore either)
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 AM

Brilliant! Like they say Necessity is the Mother of invention. Now if we can just get the Captain to check fuel pressure we could move on to the next step. I am very curious to see what the problem actually is.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM

any updates yet?