HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

12v has no power

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12v has no power

I dont know what gives but I cant seem to do anything right with this POS truck. This truck is pretty much identical to forest's truck except I dont have a ported head. He has 1200foot pounds of tourq. Right now my truck is slower then my stock truck. it falls on its face above 1500rpm, dosent build any boost, and wont rev at all above 2300-2500 or something. I dont know what gives or even what to try anymore. This thing has been nothing but thousands of dollors worth of problems and I havnt been able to drive it for the past 4 months. does anyone have a clue befor I go light it on fire?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:18 PM

I forgot to mention. not only does it make no boost, it makes no smoke. so does that mean no fuel?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

what have you done to try and fix it
Old 03-24-2007, 09:24 PM

I took the AFC housing off and made sure everything in it was functioning. diaraphm looks ok, the rack travels freely and I moved the star wheel all the way to the front. I looked down in the hole with the fuel plate and when I pull the throttle linkage forword (like pressing the pedel down) the finger that rides along the fuel plate comes out alittle bit then goes back in. It never gets any closer then maybe 1/2" from the plate. Could that be beacuse the truck or something has to be running for it to have full movement?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like ur not getting all the fuel. Get a fuel pressure gauge and check that 1st, then get new fuel lines, and slide ur cam plate forward some to see if that helps to. Clean/replace ur air filter, get a new fuel filter (I know, obvious things, but they can help).

But first make sure ur getting the right fuel pressure.

edit: I'm not sure, but I think it should have full motion if u just move the throttle linkage like u did, so maybe thats ur only problem...
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM

changed the fuel filter when the fuel line broke today, tried running it without an aire filter, no help. the plate is slightly forword allready. Lets say I robed a bank and could afford a fuel pressure gauge.. where would I tap in to check this?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Captain
I took the AFC housing off and made sure everything in it was functioning. diaraphm looks ok, the rack travels freely and I moved the star wheel all the way to the front. I looked down in the hole with the fuel plate and when I pull the throttle linkage forword (like pressing the pedel down) the finger that rides along the fuel plate comes out alittle bit then goes back in. It never gets any closer then maybe 1/2" from the plate. Could that be beacuse the truck or something has to be running for it to have full movement?
you gotta lift the shut off solenoid at the same time
Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

afc line from the intake good?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Captain
changed the fuel filter when the fuel line broke today, tried running it without an aire filter, no help. the plate is slightly forword allready. Lets say I robed a bank and could afford a fuel pressure gauge.. where would I tap in to check this?
banjo bolt inlet to the injection
pump
Old 03-24-2007, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by clutch1
afc line from the intake good?
it kinda felt like I had aperformance override switch on it again. I cant say 100% that that line is good but I mean it ran befor this mess all started. last night it reved higher.. still had nothing like 1200 pounds of tourq but it boosted at least 30psi. today I cant even get 5. Would that line or the overflow valve thing cause intermitten trouble? I really just dont have the money to go buying parts right now just to see if thats it. This thing has cost me tens of thousands since dec allready.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

did it just start having trouble or did something happen then it started
Old 03-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

have you tried gettin clean fuel from a container and run it straight to the lift pump
Old 03-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

I'd pop a new overflow valve in there for good measure!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuel pressure gauge shouldn't put you back more than $25.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:56 PM

What do you suggest for a FP gauge for testing? and can I get it at a local auto parts store?

Forest.. guess what? my "newly rebuilt" AGAIN 6 speed.. grinds 5th.. sounds like what yours does where its kind of intermittiant.. I cant wait to call bluemanthauls on monday. this is what I get after they had it for 5 weeks. its also like 2 hands to shift its so notchy and hard.

ive been reading posts could the fuel shutoff selonide not be lifting properly and causing this trouble? if so how do I check it for proper operation?

yeah the truck ran fine untill dec when I had this great idea to bomb it a little. and it just went down hill from there.

Quick Reply: 12v has no power