General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Sorry guys but this is going to hurt.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys but this is going to hurt.....

Ok, I figured this would go in general since it is about a diesel discussion, currently there is a slight war going on in this thread over diesels, now after the first time reading it, my brain started hurting from some of the replies but I think you guys will get a kick about some of the General Diesel Theories.

Do not post links to anything with profanity in it
Old 01-19-2006, 01:04 AM

Looks like a lot of people that know everything about nothing and nothing about everything.

I made it 1/2 way thru the 2nd page, started getting a headache

Jeff
Old 01-19-2006, 01:10 AM

Amen.... It is sorta goofy but I think the best thing was the second post..by far...

and im not a diesel expert, I dont even consider myself knowledgable in the subject, but durn..some people just have issues....
Old 01-19-2006, 01:40 AM

i liked the 1st post by the guy named tim he doesn't know what he is talking about in that and the rest of his posts wow self-proclamed "diesel wiz" and he doesn't think that a bseries cummins can make 500rwhp EDIT is he smoking
Old 01-19-2006, 03:09 AM

Can I ask a dumb question? Why are people debating how to make power with diesel engines on MYSPACE!!!??? I thought Myspace was where emo kids went to talk about their feelings, paint their nails black and cut themselves?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Fn funny as all get out. Breakin loose at 95 mph . My best attempt at Hi Perf was a '69 Mach1 that I shoehorned a 428SJC in. Before I moved the first and added a second battery to the trunk I could smoke em at about 70 and that was insane. You break loose the tires at that speed on a heavy v diesel engine and your gonna be the wrong side of the red line with pieces coming out the side of the block .
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey now, most of us were diesel ignorant at one time or another too and that is what brought most (if not all) of us here.
Go easy on the ignorant, for some day you may be pulling them to the shop and thats when you'll have your chance to educate them.

Rich.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Badfish740
Can I ask a dumb question? Why are people debating how to make power with diesel engines on MYSPACE!!!??? I thought Myspace was where emo kids went to talk about their feelings, paint their nails black and cut themselves?
No, I think Myspace is where all kids go to paint their nails and talk about their feelings now... It's really quite the popular success story...
Old 01-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselDaze
Hey now, most of us were diesel ignorant at one time or another too and that is what brought most (if not all) of us here.
Go easy on the ignorant, for some day you may be pulling them to the shop and thats when you'll have your chance to educate them.

Rich.
Exactly.
Every other vehicle I've owned has been Modded.
I originally bought the diesel because I figured there was no way to "Hop Up" a diesel engine.
Then I discovered BOMBing................
Wifey says "It's not a race car".
I say "It's a 7500lb sports car with an 8 foot trunk."
Old 01-19-2006, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Homestead
Looks like a lot of people that know everything about nothing and nothing about everything.
Jeff
Something like here sometimes.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by rammtuff
Something like here sometimes.

Compared to that site, it makes everybody here seem god like. I try to only talk about things I know, guess, or make opinions about others.

If you have liquid diesel coming out of your tail pipe, you got problems my friend. I've never ever seen that issue. Unless he didn't know the difference between the fuel tank filler and tail pipe
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 AM

Some had a really good idea about Diesel technology...
Old 01-19-2006, 10:55 AM

I think its great. And myspace isnt for emo kids or anything like that, I use myspace to keep in touch with friends, and such. If you take a look at some of the people and their friends on there, there is no way they are emo! Just an opinion though.

If ignorance is bliss, they must be orgasmic...that is all I have to say. I just thought I would let ya'll know that there is worse out there.......
Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 AM

dude Diesels get much better fuel economy at high RPMs than a gas engine does. They dont have plugs either they work off of combustion.

I made it to the bottom of the 2nd page, and I regret doing it.

Jim
Old 01-19-2006, 11:05 AM

It hurts doesnt it? just makes ya wanna scream. It is like dealing with the Ferd people in a small town. The 6.0h no is the greatest engine ever made, never breaks or anything. -.-

Quick Reply: Sorry guys but this is going to hurt.....